logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Indianapolis, IN

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 65 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones

Toxic

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
In between the constantly losing job sites over expiring contracts and the losing employees to head hunters, it was a nightmare. The supervisors I worked with were lazy and never lifted a finger unless top brass was near by but coworkers were decent and hard working. Pay was ok but you could be making more for a lot less work.

Pros

Nothing really

Lazy Mangement, Bad Pay, Morale Killing

Great job

If you are looking for a laid back job that doesn’t ask for a lot. A security officer job is for you. G4S is a great company and there is always rooms for advancement within the company.

Run away ! Now !

G4s is a horrible company to work for! They are always short staffed so if you work full time or part time you will still be full time. Upper management is horrible, lack of communication and only hire certain type of people. this job is horrible with promoting from within. You don’t get paid time off until you’re working there for two years. If you just need a job to get you by for the meantime this is great for you, but for a career roll or a job you will actually like I would not recommend it.

Pros

Great co workers

Contras

Bad upper management, low wages, long work hours. No paid time off

security officer

worked as a armed security officer in various places and received the rank on LT. I was a shift supervisor at the Nashville Airport supervising 9 people on my shift.
Cultura laboral

Opportunities to work at many different locations

Schedule is very flexible and supervisors will work to get you the hours and dates requested. Locations are generally safe and those you interact with are polite and appreciative.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

No good

Management don't want to work they call you in at all hours and sent you to places that are 25-50 miles away. Loved the customers..... Learned some computer programs. Check people in to warehouse and did there paper work for bill of ladding.

Pros

liked the people

Contras

not enough pay, to much drama

Disparaging

Unless you are military, college graduate, or former law enforcement do not expect any chance of advancement no matter the site you work at. Doesnt matter your years of experience

Pros

Travel discounts

Everything else
Cultura laboral

Productive and fun place to work

Good place to work. Most leadership are compassionate and attentive to employees needs/concerns. Work hours are stressful, several meeting/conference calls per week. Computer processes are outdated and not user friendly. However, there are new processes coming up that will make it better for the end user.

Pros

Hours are flexible

24 hour on call is frustrating

Glass Ceiling

This company does not pay enough for anyone to live on, and there is a big glass ceiling if you are not previous military or law enforcement. You are treated like expendable dirt, and you will never be anything worthy of their praise.

Pros

Offers insurance and discounts

Contras

You'll never have money to eat after paying bills

Loved this job

I have had heavy lifting jobs my whole life, and it finally started to wear me down. This job had VERY little heavy lifting required, and thus was MUCH better! I loved this job very much

Pros

Walking got the exercise!

G4S was ok

The turnover rate was crazy but once I found a site I loved we became like a family. Again the turnover rate for employees were high which sometimes made work difficult because we were always training.

They don’t carre

Please don’t work here.They have lack of communication. They are nonchalant about things.They take forever just to reply or answer you back when asking HR. It’s like they drag there feet.
Cultura laboral

Guaranteed hours with available overtime. Low pay.

Job was not physically demanding and sometimes very boring. The pay was low capping out around 10/hr but it was reasonable for just sitting around for 8 hrs.
Cultura laboral

Steady job but the pay isn't great

I worked at a site that was a corn processing plant, working the truck gate. Most nights it was just the monotony of trying not to fall asleep at my post since there was next to nothing going on the whole night, before a frantic pace of people signing in and out towards the end of my shift as the first shift workers for the site came in and the third shift left. The site had multiple demands that created horrible back ups during these times, and then complained about how long it was taking to get people in and out of the site. They also required us to be able to psychically detect if an animal was inside a vehicle because we were not allowed to check the vehicle but were required to bar any animals from entering the site. All in all, my direct supervisor through G4S was a great guy, but the job itself was awful, most of my coworkers were awful, and the site itself was awful.

Ok Work Place

This place was fun at times, at others just plain boring, I enjoyed all the sites I had worked at while employed with G4S, but the company itself was a train wreck.

Short Breaks

productive work place

typical work day just monitoring camera checking in and out visitors and employees learning new email process management is great multi culture nothing hard about this particular job enjoyable part customer service

Pros

good hours

no benefits

Flex life

I enjoyed doing a variety of task as a flex officer at various companies. There was a lack of boredom for that reason. However, not knowing when you may work or not became challenging. It's great for a retiree and/or college student.
Cultura laboral

Office ok doesn't get high reviews.

Monitored traffic coming going. Amazon great. Command Security great manager. Very Reliable. G4s could have done better. Low marks on straight forward behavior.

Pros

People very pleasant and professional

No room to advance

Its Ok

I have worked for G4S for just over 2 years and it is ok. I started moving up the ladder quickly but that came to a halt do to contracts ending. It is a good company but progression is ify.

Pros

Easy work

poor wook progression

Typical Security Company

I have nothing to say about this. Nothing positive to say, what you would expect from a large international security company. Low pay and no advancement unless former military or law enforcement.
Cultura laboral

Easy job, but no advancement

The job's are for the most part easy and decently paying, but it's all downhill after that. Do no expect annual raises, or advancement. The job does provide you with almost unlimited security, but no upward mobility.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general