logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Indianapolis, IN

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 65 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.287 evaluaciones

Toxic

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
In between the constantly losing job sites over expiring contracts and the losing employees to head hunters, it was a nightmare. The supervisors I worked with were lazy and never lifted a finger unless top brass was near by but coworkers were decent and hard working. Pay was ok but you could be making more for a lot less work.

Pros

Nothing really

Lazy Mangement, Bad Pay, Morale Killing
Cultura laboral

they pick favorites and must be in a click to advance

The job itself was not bad it was the upper management who never had your back or offered to help. If you weren't a butt kisser you did not get anywhere. Benefits are very expensive. PTO was a good amount.

Pros

generous PTO

Contras

no support, no advancement with out kissing butt

Fun

I just got hired on today so I can’t really give an accurate description or review. But from the interview process and how quick they offered me the job was really nice. This will be my first security job and they seemed pretty excited when they found out I was in the Army for five years. I really hope I like it cause this is my first step to getting some experience other than the military to become a police officer. The only bad thing is I live on the south side of Bloomington and I think they are gonna send me to Indy. I really hope they give me a company car or put me closer to home.
Cultura laboral

This job is alright...not great.

I dont want to give to much information out on a personal level but there is information that i think people should know before applying. Everyones situation or work experiences will be different. Should it be different? No. Based on the positions? Yes. I was hired in as 1 thing, but then after a couple years i was called in to the office and my title changed to another thing. Why? Because although my backround was verifiable, i needed a certificate to support that information. The managers base decisions off emotion, not reason or logic. This can be good and bad. They only appear to act professional when it comes down to telling you what to do. The benefits are expensive and are not that great. There is no 401k nor do they match. The opportunity for growth isnt worth the chase because there are no decent benefits to sustain that chase. This job is a stepping stone to a better career or perhaps a better career with a different security company. This job isnt meant for longevity and those that are on the job for many years are nearing retirement or are retired from a different job. The pay is decent depending on your backround but if your prior military you have a better opportunity elsewhere. The highest rank in G4S as a gaurd is a CPO...any qualifications and titles that are needed to become that is better utilized elsewhere. Meaning if your a prior police officer, find a different security company that will pay you more...military i would say the same. They accept correctional officers as well and i believe that is more in line with the duties of working for G4S. Everyone -

Pros

Okay pay

Indecisive clients.
Cultura laboral

The uniforms and clocking in

No not a good company to work for they will take your job and give it to someone else and won’t have another location for you to work at and they don’t give pay raises. no compensation for Covid-19. I was off with my Husband for Covid-19 and didn’t receive pay .

Pros

No bring your own

Short breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

A very unique and amazing work environment with incredible team players.

Everyday I feel so excited,fortunate and honored to server and protect a long side some of the most amazing men and women who has became like family to me. I couldn't had chosen a more rewarding work assignment.

Pros

fitness center, peaceful and challenging and rewarding all at the same time.

have none
Cultura laboral

Productive, intuitive and safe place of work due to local law enforcement presence

Horrible people, discriminating employees and a sense of them not needing you at all. Was told I'll lose security clearance all over me wearing a jacket that's issued by law enforcement pro and not specifically the company. 1 that's a breach of my rights and liberty 2 I see multiple other employees not wearing regulated attire.

Contras

Discriminating, breach of employee and human rights

Don’t do it.

Working for g4s is the most tedious job I’ve ever had, they mentally and physically drain you. I have been on post now for months doing 40-85 hours a week and the scheduling team plays favorites. Management doesn’t listen or care about you, you are a little fish in a large body of water. You’re expendable, unimportant, and will work your life away for minimal pay. Benefits are terrible there’s nothing like what they promise you to start
Cultura laboral

Overall G4S was a good job to have.

I enjoyed working for G4S at the time I had my job and it was a great job. It was long shifts but not hard to do at all. The people were easy to get along with and staff was pretty much ok to work for.

Poor Management

Needs a Major facelift in management as there are too many Supervisors and Managers Clearly NOT doing their jobs and employees are losing time money and their jobs because of it.

Workplace over all.

All round G4S Secure Solutions is a reasonably desent company to work for. Team members are always professional and others work ethics seem to match my own.

Constant duties Environment

With g4s, your A game has to be on at all times because with being a security guard comes an amount of responsibilities. Especially since your are protecting and abiding by laws. A typical day at work for me is being stationed at the site I'm at checking in and out cars of the main gate and making sure associates on lot are in good hands. For the most part, the environment is very well natured and caring.

Diversity

This company provide safety and security for all culture. It is a safe place to work and plenty of room to grow. There are so many contracts throughout this company. So there are position with a lot of overtime.If you want to learn in the Security this will be the place to learn. They also provide alot of training if you need it.

Productive work place

I enjoyed working for G4S, but my value wasn't appreciated over the men so everyone received a raise but me & the excuse the supervisor gave was mind blowing.

Not worth the effort.

Well known company but, not woth the headache you will endure while working for this company. Was hired for one position however was placed in a different position and at a different location. On top of nobody knew i was even supposed to be there

Get everything in writing

I was promised AT LEAST 32 hours a week. I was given 18 hours a week. When I asked about 32 hours, I was informed they would get on it. That response changed to, "if you want more hours, let us know your availability" and then "Just talk to home office and they will get you more hours at other sites" I was a dedicated flex officer; I was not supposed to drink on my time off or travel long distances due to needing to be ready whenever I was called in. I should have been getting paid to be on call.

"Duped"

They lied to me to get the contract Duped me out of $300.00 For a security company = their ethics stink I would not recommend this company to my Worst enemy :(

No good

Good job

G4S is a good company to work for but the only thing is you can’t get overtime. I started working for the company in April and I haven’t had a bad experience yet. The officers are nice and Site Manager are willing to listen to any problems or concerns you have.

Pros

Great company very professional

Contras

No overtime, because I love overtime. The scheduling could be better.

G4s

All management is difficult to get in contact with their communication is terrible! They don't value good employees. They are a friendly staff and eager to get you hired in.

Pros

The paycheck

Contras

Lack of communication and don't value good employees

Company is ran like a Temporary Job service

They have no commitment to their employees, No matching 401K plan, mediocre insurance benefits, it is all about them, no appreciation for the employee. 1 year 15 years = 40hours of vacation time. No annual cost of living. Bottom Line this is a here and now job designed to get you through until you find a real job!!

Pros

All the Overtime you want/need

Contras

No support from Office staff poor communication. See above Review.
Cultura laboral

For your own sake do not work for G4S.

Lies about pay. Jerks you around. Management and supervisors won’t pay you for months. Unprofessional and disorganized. They make excuses for everything

Contras

Lies, disorganized, unprofessional, wont pay you until months, excuses beyond excuses