logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Independence, OH

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 21 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones

busy at times

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
perform 5 vehicle inspections, as they leave plant, collect numerous temporary day passes, numerous deliveries and notify main gate, count numerous vehicles entering plant.

Unacceptable management

I agreed to stay on this job for approximately one year and that should have told me then that I was going to have issues, which I did. I already had extensive experience in security and a BA degree in Criminology. They paid me 11.00 an hour and said that I would get 12.00 an hour when I certify for a weapon, but they never gave me the opportunity to certify even though I asked many times. They incorrectly had me listed for benefits and when they finally notified me, they would not allow me to correct it properly even though it was their error. I honored my 1 year commitment and then I got out of there.

Joke

The Office in OH is a joke!! Do not!!! I repeat do not work for those incompetent so called human beings. They love to not do there job and point fingers!

Very good company

I would recommend this company to anyone that's in the security field. They are very reasonable and give you a chance to work for them very great company

Fake Jobs all the time !

Cleveland likes to post fake jobs. A complete waste of time. The manager there lires right to your face on hours, pay scale. openings. You interview at one spot and then its up to the office to hire you with someone you didn't meet. Total joke!

Pros

zero

Management, hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Excellent Place to Work

The was never a better place to work in my honest opinion. Management was not only friendly, but very understanding of other people's situations. I was very happy to work for such an esteemed security service. I would definitely go back in search of a strong career choice.

Interesting

I tremendously enjoy working for G4S. The only issue is different accounts bring different problems. One may not provide career advancement unless you're a minority and the site manager is a minority. I'm happy with the starting rate in pay for what I do, but it's frustrating for numerous supervisors to say one thing and the manager contradict everything. I wouldn't trade this job for anything, but I also wouldn't have accepted it if I would have known there was so much disarray where I was assigned. Way too much clashing between contract and house.

Pros

Simple job, easy to understand.

Contras

Should be a slightly higher pay rate considering the emotional stress one endures

Relaxed work place

Great company and great people to work for... Enjoyed working with them for almost 7 years... There were no hard part's about my job, it was and easy going well managed facility...
Cultura laboral

It takes the individual guard, G4S, and the client to succeed.

I learned that things are not always what they seem. There is a lot of client hand-holding vs allowing guards the time to explain. Management needs to work on guard morale vs workplace placement. Sometimes the guard is correct and the client needs to look at their management team to make things work for both companies.

Solid company

If there was a chance for a advancement, I would have stayed. I liked the company and the paid vacation after a year. My bosses were there when I needed them.

Wonderful Company Family Environment

I like working with this company its gives me stability and co workers I love working with a lot of team players and wonderful supervisors. I love my job.

Pros

hours and pay

shifts

it was a job

It was a job that provided me something to after retiring. I really don't have anything to say about working there. I worked there what more do you want me to say?

inviteing work place

it is a intresting workplace that teach you new things everyday the co-workers are great helpful and inviting good work environment
Cultura laboral

It's a nice company for entry level positions

I started as an entry level position and it's quite interesting. I have been with the company for 6 months now and I really enjoy being a Security Officer

G4S Secure Solution

The job hours varies and the sites all have different rules. My last experience with them was not so pleasant. The manager at my last site didn't like me and found any excuse to have me removed. When asked why I was removed the manager reasons were not clear. G4S managers didn't look farther into just agreed and let me go. I have never been let go before and have never had problems performing my job duties until now. My co-workers would agree that I am a hard working person and that I get along with everyone. The hard part about this job is following directions from someone who doesn't know what they are doing. The Best part is you meet a lot of great people.

work availabilty

The client served provided a good work environment. I learned about the companies product and particular risk concerns. Working with the Plant Manager was a good enriching experience because they trusted my input. The Security staff was made up of good people that were looking for strong leadership. The hardest part of the job was trying to implement so much in a short period, but it got done. Watching the morale change positively of the staff and client management.

Pros

multiple accounts

Contras

no nuturing environment or chance to move up
Cultura laboral

Retired, dont want to stay home all day this is your type of job

This is a retirement job. This is not for everyone but if you are good with people and like to be run down this is your type of job. No promotions for peon employee's. Good if you have a degree for job. Good for experience. Very boring, very hard to pass time with all the restrictions.

Pros

easy money, 40 hrs, easy when going to school and quick to move around.

Contras

No breaks, no Personal time off, have to wait a full year for just one year of vacation and "no future plans (non-degree) ."

Nice Company

Have been to many locations to do security and have to stay alert and pay close attention to details. Have to help people any way I can.

From my point of view.

A typical day at Marcs that I was posted at would be: -clock in -check in at post -observe all activity I can see from the area I am to be in at all times -greet all customers that walk in and out of the store -minimal conversations with customers and employees -clock out The most valuable lesson that I have learned is one that I also learned in the military and that would be "hurry up and wait." I was not there to chase thieves, the point of my position was to deter any criminal activity. The management team were pretty great. If anything happened and I needed time off they were more lenient that most management teams that I hear about. They are more family orientated and that was a plus for me because my family comes first. I did not have to work with my own co-workers as a security guard. The post I was assigned was fitted for one officer. On occasion I did get to work with other officers in emergency situations and I have not had any bad experiences with those. The hardest part of my job was being away from my fiance and kids during mandatory holidays and during sports as my children learn to play. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting all of the different type of folk from all over the world. Russia, Mexico, Scotland, and many more places. Most customers that shopped in the store were visiting their family that had lived here in the states.

Pros

Clothing allowance, CPR/AED/First Aid Training, Paid Lunch, Paid Breaks, Meeting New People

Contras

Hours depending on post, Pay depending on post, No notice changes in scheduals

not bad

ok place to workthats all.went to work,came home,went to work.

Pros

get breaks

Cultura laboral

G4S Has Internet Exploring on some of it's sites.

You will patrol. Sign in Associate's that forgot their badge's-call Management for verification. Give lunch breaks, as well as 15 minute breaks. Sign in Contractor's(vms) as well as issue them contractor badge's. you will sign in visitors in the(vms)visitor management system. Respond to any Medical Emergencies, as well as documenting all information. The job was an overall learning experience for myself...and I enjoyed it for the most part.

Pros

Free Uniforms

Contras

horrible benefits and not much room for growth.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general