logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Fort Lauderdale, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 79 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.391 evaluaciones

Need to pay more

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It was me carrying a gun and protecting people and property for a little of nothing. Working in an area where your most likely to meet ignorant people

A good to work

Our everyday priority is to make sure the job comes first. I have learned that always making sure safety is first. Being able to make hours become money for others, working on schedules and making sure every security officer have their 40 hours.

Pros

Everyday is a good day.

Not enough benifits.

uncaring company

yes they pay more then the adverage security company but they only care about themselves

Pros

no pros

nothing good to say

good benefits

great company the number government contract company people were much overtime. 401 k plenty of overtime during 2005

Pros

excellent benefits

no raises only $10 per hour

Productive adults workplace

Good place to work if it's a full time job, if it's part time is always in different places or companies, 3 shifts schedule, good benefits but not a good scheduling organization. different management depending who is your daily supervisor even if it's the same workplace.

Pros

they gives you uniforfms depending conserned area

Contras

they moved you to cover a lot of different places, never stay to long in same workplace
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

A great stepping stone into the competitive security world

Fun job to hold after graduating from college, pay was decent, it varies by states, regions and such so that caused a bit of disruption on my part, however, all in all it is not a bad company. Good benefits, job security.

N/a

A nice place to work. Good source for experience in the Security world.
Cultura laboral

The G4S Branch Located in Fort Lauderdale on Powerline Rd.

I didn't have a permanent post; so it’s hard to describe what a typical day working for G4S would be like. I was moved around A LOT. I worked at the courthouses, hospitals, AT&T, and a few other places contracted out to G4S. I miss the other officers I worked with while at G4S – that is, there were people from all different walks of life working there. There were retired corrections officers, police officers, and military personnel working alongside with you. There were also students, and parents working for the company – many of them decent. Many of the CPOs working there, myself including know that the job market is hard, therefore we have no choice but to work for a lousy security company like G4S/Wackenhut. Some of us just took the job just to get by. That was the common theme when you spoke to some G4S employees – it’s just a job, not a career. There is nothing good about this company with the exception of the people you work with. My major/supervisor had me drive miles away to cover a post for four hours! In addition to being given lousy hours and pay, I showed up to a couple of post, and was told to go home. Management incorrectly assigned me a post that was already covered by another security guard/CPO, so therefore I wasn’t needed. I remember getting a call from my major/supervisor. He wanted to know if I received a letter in the mail explaining that my G4S security instructor was being investigated for fraud. I told him no. And he quickly got off the phone with me. The administration at G4S is also a joke. The HR rep at G4S messed up my direct deposit slip, -

Pros

You were paid a wage although you didn't get your full 40 hours.

Contras

Constantly having to call your Major/Supervisor to get hours.

productive and fun

I was indeed fun and a great experience working with G4S Secure Solution

security

permanent guarding service, security officers, manned security, disaster response, emergency services, control room monitoring, armed security, unarmed security, special event security, security patrols, reception/concierge service, access control, emergency medical technicians (EMT) service, ambassador service

Pros

overtime

low pay
Cultura laboral

Every day productive and interesting.

A typical day at work would be standing for 8 hours straight and loving every second

Security with G4S

good teamwork, give updates to supervisor, at the moment not getting 40 hours.

Pros

reduced lunch

less than 40 hrs
Cultura laboral

Poor Management and even worse staffing

A typical day starts out waiting employees to show up on time. This job does nothing to further your opportunities unless your lucky enough to work directly with the client and are able to build a good relationship with them. Management is poor, they hire anyone with a pulse and drop them on your site with little to no instruction. They worry more about the bottom line and their next bonuses rather than improving the employees working environment. Most of the people they stick you with would have a hard time getting a job any where else and are rarely fired for misconduct. Instead of firing them when they screw up, management simply puts them at another site. The hardest part of the job is dealing with employees with no work ethic whatsoever, this includes management. There really are no enjoyable parts to this job unless your a wanna be cop, with a napoleon complex. Pay is extremely low and their are no benefits. They offer what they call a supplemented health insurance plan, that ends up being more expensive than if you shopped for yourself.

Pros

Stability as it's hard to be fired

Contras

low wages, no benefits and poor hiring standards

Good coworkers

Coworkers are nice, supervisor is more like a friend then a boss. Typical day depends on the post you are at but there is no notice if they decide to move you from one post to another.

Contras

No notice on changes of shifts or coworkers
Cultura laboral

Very relaxed and warm place to work for

Your days at this job depending on where you are placed at can be relaxed or stressful. But overall you will love what you are doing for your client as a Security Officer

Fun competative Work.

Getting to learn more about helping customers and to support the community for safety.

Pros

n/a

n/a
Cultura laboral

This company is one of the best company to work for. it fun and enjoyable.

I will recomend anyone who is self decipline, honest , and respect to this company.

Pros

flexibility

Contras

two breaks and one lunch plus 5 minute extra break.

career advancement

AT the time in 2005 it was good working for wackenhut it was good but not great.

Pros

d=not abusive

no salary increases

Challenging

This company provides different work areas. I found certain employees have their own opinion about female security officers. The benifints caould have been a lil more affordable.
  • Empresas