logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Detroit, MI

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 30 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

G4S is the Best

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
This was a great company to be employed by and I would love to return to this company. The pay was the highest I ever seen in Michigan for a security company.G4S mostly secures manufacturing facilities, banks, and oil refineries.

Pros

Good Pay

Not enough vaction days

Good experience

I enjoyed my time at G4S. I gained valuable experience in the security sector. I was able to learn from great leadership. I would recommend G4S to other job seekers

Horrible company

No room for advancement. Company doesn't care about employees. No raise in 15 years. Benefits are horrible. Management doesn't care about employees health.

It’s alright

Lack of management and benefits. Good for entry level security. Lack of leadership. Would not recommend unless you desperately need a job or something to come by

Pros

Pay

Contras

Benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Wouldn’t recommend it

Worked here for a little over a year. The turn around rate here was ridiculous. Employees came and went and the longest people would stay is about 6 months. They weren’t flexible with the hours and you had no say if you needed a schedule adjustment. You got what you received. No overtime was given and no one hit 40 hours. Averaged about 38 a good week and 32 on an average week. Received no benefits. The job just generally sucked.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Poor management and benefits

management is inexperienced and too reactive not proactive for the role benefits are too expensive for what you get out of them and verse the amount of pay you receive
Cultura laboral

Corrupt and ignorant supervisors.

For a "BIG WIG" company name, I am shocked at the lack of supervision from upper management. Lower level supervisors and officers seem to operate in darkness by design, each to their own devices with minimal or no accountability, until something or someone exposes an anomaly at the right time. Looking good does not equal good. In spite of the boasts of some, this company and it's uniform is only as good as the individual wearing it. Impressive upfront training scheme, but that is about all it boils down to. Corruption, waste, ignorance and favoritism at site levels. I am no rookie and am thinking of revisiting past employers after this one. Take what good from the experience you can but maybe keep an eye on an exit. These guys can surprise anyone with pink slip for seeing, hearing or exposing evil. They only seem interested in looking good enough to keep customer on the hook. Means justifies the end. Good looking out and may the real force be with you since G4S likely isn't.
Cultura laboral

This employer is great I enjoy my time there. The supervisors were good and well prepared they taught us the job walked us through every step we knew exactly what was required of us

Pros

Great Pay

Swing shifts
Cultura laboral

Challenging and diverse environment.

The environment was challenging as there were many expectations such as securing expansion of property and maritime port of entrance along with report writing and detailed time keeping.

Pros

Radio communications

Scheduling/Training

Very sexist and chauvinistic

Women not in charge of much of anything.. Very old fashioned with all males in charge and giving direction. No confidence in a womens' ability to get things done.

Pros

Good experience

Contras

Don't expect to move up as a woman

n/a

Compensation is low for the experience they require for there supposed high paying jobs. It is a alright place to work but not have a career out of it.

Great workplace

16 years of work with no room for advancement. Benefits are offered but are very expensive, I would recommend this company. i just wish there was room for advancement
Cultura laboral

Good place to work for a short time

Its a good first job but not a place to get comfortable. Management was weak. Working environment was not inspiring for productivity. Boring place to work all together.
Cultura laboral

Good place to start, but not a career job

I enjoyed my time with G4S, The people that I worked with made it enjoyable. However, as far as a permanent career move, it is not a good fit for someone with up-ward ambitions. The job assignment I had, working in an automotive plant, was not difficult and presented moderate challenges that made some days interesting. But, the constant turn-over, comparatively lower pay, lack of benefits and no chance to move up led me to go else where.

Pros

Good starting place for EMT, Fire or Law-Enforcement

Contras

no advancement, low pay, no benefits

Advancement

They are very sexist. If you are a female you will not advance in this company. You will be required to work under all men plus they all have military background.

Not a great place

Though the pay was okay, the hours were not enough. I was told I would get 40 hours a week, they did not give that to me. They were also supposed to have me work at two different places, but they only had me at one place that gave me only seventeen hours a week which was not really enough for me to survive on. The management was poor and they communicated poorly.

Pros

Working under little supervision, no micromanagement

Contras

Not enough work, lack of communication

The pay was decent

Crazy hours but decent pay. Don't expect to have a life working there. Not stressful and slow moving days. They act too much like the military but all in all, it was ok
Cultura laboral

The company itself is good to work for, however the pay isn't in line with the work. They expect a lot from their employees, but only pay them slightly more than minimum wage. The janitors on the site were paid more an hour that the supervisors of security. I learn and experienced a multitude of different things while working with this company. With the different positions I have worked at the company, I know I have the knowledge and skill set to really prosper in my career. The company set me up with a great foundation to base my law enforcement career off of.

Armed Security

G4S Security Armed Custom Protection officer at a save a lot food store in Detroit's most dangerous street eight mile road

Guard

Security for GM patrolling my post checking ID making sure people are supposed to be in the building. making sure my area is clean

Not Favorable

The site is prejudice and racially motivated as far as advancement is concerned. Co-workers and superiors are allowed to act unruly with minimal consequence, if any. The job isn't difficult, but the people make it impossible to tolerate.

Pros

Easy job

Contras

Lack of advancement, lacks proaction, poor training, favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism
  • Empresas