logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Cranford, NJ

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 55 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Nice company

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I enjoy working at G4S, I’ve been here since May 2020 with the pandemic. The pay is okay, my only issue is having managers answer the phone. I’ve had times where i was about to get off one site and was told to go to another site. There were also times where i had a to call for my schedule

Contras

Managers don’t answer phone, last minute changes, having to call for your schedule
Cultura laboral

One of the worst companies to work for

The office management in Cranford, NJ which was relocated Newark, NJ would never ever answer their phones whether it was office or cells. Being at a site location where there was no official command structure of G4S (no supervisors, just simply a few guards) relying on communication with the office was crucial and yet 9/10 times you’d never be able to each someone. They constantly blame you for their OWN errors and lie to save their own reputations. Completely contradicting one another I.e. (Scheduling person tells you to go to one site and district manager tells you to go to a completely different site) There’s no organization or structure within the management. Claims amazing opportunity for advancement but none actually exists. You get told you can work overtime but what they don’t tell you is they have to approve the overtime (so say you’re working a night shift and there is no G4S supervisor but the client asks you to stay and work overtime, you won’t get paid for it seeing as there is no one in the office to actually call and verify if you can work it)If you’re a multiple site officer, or if the contract gets canceled at your current site, your shifts will get changed last second and you’ll get called in the middle of the night to be at a new site by 5/6am. The management structure completely lacks organization and professionalism. As someone who has obtained a BA & a MS with background in organizational management and leadership, unless major change is brought to how this office is run any employee will be driven to the ground.

Pros

Nothing about the company, however the clients you work for are great

Contras

Almost everything (Unprofessional, unorganized, cheap, lying, etc
Cultura laboral

Has a stabled working schedule

Depending on the location it's mostly clean , has fairly good management team , very friendly and decent guards . You can certainly learn a lot if you are interested there is opportunities to do that.

Not good

Avoid like the plague. No raises, management is terrible. Never work for a contracted security company, as they will take most of your pay, and not even give you a reference.

Pros

very few

plenty

Horrible management

G4S, as with my experience with them, does not care much for you an as employee, beyond you being able to give them hours. I was forced into 19 hour shifts and the like, as part of "Mandatory Overtime" that they never mentioned to me during my application or training. Before I left, my old supervisor left the company, and my new supervisor simply did not like me for some reason. Soon enough, the new supervisor asked that I be transferred to another location. I did not find out about this for several days. On Friday, my supervisor told me not to report to work, and refused to tell me why. On Monday, and no sooner, regardless of how many calls I made, I received instructions to go to Headquarters. I refused and demanded that I be told what was going on. She refused to tell me, so I called Headquarters, where they explained that I was being transferred to a smaller location with less pay, further away from my home. I quit on the phone. They then demanded I come into HQ anyway, and sign some "papers" that they would not describe to me over the phone. Incredibly shady. I refused. They haven't contacted me since. Stay away from this company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great people

Good working environment people, It's was a very challenging and wonderful experience! Meeting new people and working with them was an exceptional experience! Also working at different sites, made for an exciting work place and gaining of valuable knowledge! Not to mention more experience to take with me in my travels!
Cultura laboral

Local corporate management office doese not care about their workers.

No pay raises and no advancement. If you are looking for a pay check you will be fine. But if you are looking for advancement in the company, good luck. The organization is more political than any company that I know of.

Not a fun Place Mangement is Terrible

No room for advancement. They do not promote from within and they never have enough guards. They lie all the time and also on purpose don't pay you if you go over 40 hours a week so there numbers won't look bad to corporate. So they will not pay you the money until payroll and been proceeded. And then you'll receive your money on Tuesday.

Pros

There are none!!

Positive workplace.

A healthy workplace environment is ideal when it comes to maintaining a positive outcome in a stressful atmosphere. Motivation and happiness, Makes for this positive work environment.
Cultura laboral

There management is week .. no manners when talking to employees .. all ways listen to one side of a story and lie to clients a lot ..

They push u around as they feel .. used u as they feel like .. if u told them u can’t make it to that date they say oh we have to terminated u not gd

Good Experience

Corporate office was located far away but fortunately my assigned post was close to home. Management was very pleasant and extremely helpful in accomplishing goals.

Do not work here.

After working for the company for 3 months, they said they were moving me to a different site. They did not call me for a month & I did not receive pay. MANNY IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL SUPERVISOR. They are not consistent and will push you so that you quit. I trained a girl who told me the job site was boring & sat in her car the whole shift, management did not even take the matter serious. Manny will forget to log your hours if you worked overtime at a different site. Please do not ever get involved with this company. You have to constantly be on top of them to pay you. Save yourself the stress.

Manny

Fun place to work

They went above and beyond to help me get everything squared away so i could be hired and start working immediately. Management was wonderful to work with. My job site was really nice, the employees were very welcoming.

Great opportunities

This is my first security job. They are a very large company with many contracts.There are great opportunities to learn and grow in the companies you will work at.

Awful company

I was never properly trained for any site i was sent to. I had to either call my supervisor constantly or figure out what to do. Awful management, lack of communication and low pay. They don’t care about your personal life outside of work. If you need to leave early they won’t let you or they’ll threaten to fire you, even if it’s an emergency. Favoritism place a huge roll with managers here and it’s obvious if you’re not one of them, they don’t care about you.

Contras

Low pay, no proper training, terrible management, no honesty, they don’t care about you.

Horrible company

The company is horrible, supervisors at the office are lazy and inconsiderate. If you don’t report to a shift they will threaten to fire you. Very unprofessional company.

Pros

Paid lunch
Cultura laboral

you come to work and enforce safety to the best of your nature.

a lot of people call out often. often issues with scheduling. when you are ready to call out they give you a problem about finding someone to cover your shift regardless of how you respect the grace period .
Cultura laboral

Managment and Instructor racist and improper

Office manager and instructor play favoritism and racial jokes should not be tolerated. Corporate is a joke to them. It's unpleasant at this point to be an employee. Hotline does nothing to correct these individuals. They should be terminated just passing ppl through class.

Pros

None now

Contras

Racist, favoritism inappropriate comments from teaching instructor and supervisor

Wonderful work place

Working for G4S as a supervisor granted me the opportunity to work with superior guards in a professional environment. The management work closely with the guards to ensure the job is preformed in a professional manner.

Pros

Professional co workers

Health benefits

Great Experience

It is a nice place to work. The staff is friendly and knowledgable and the client is a joy to work with. I would recommend them to prospective employees.

nice place to work

it was a nice place to work at, i interacted with a lot of different people, management was okay, i learn a lot from working at the site i was at, the most enjoyable part was the food we received.
  • Empresas