logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Columbus, OH

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 50 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Not bad, but not great.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I cannot speak for other posts, but at mine, management is not great. The post is ok, no real drama for me, but others have had a rough time. Just be here on time and do your job and you’ll be ok.

Pros

Free food

Stressful

Mixed Thoughts

Easy Work, Enjoy working with most officers and clients. However, leadership is very lacking. Leadership shows favoritism and fails to grasp the need for teamwork and healthy leadership.

Pros

The work is easy

Poor leadership

Security Officer

Management is a joke the head office doesn't communicate with the different job sites. Was hired as part time and because i was attending school without notice they dropped my hours from 28ish a week to "on call status" because they were hiring new guards who would only stay around for a week and always calling me to pick up the extra off shifts from my availability because they knew i needed the hours to pay my bills

Poor Management

At both sites I had poor leadership. The supervisor was more interested in being friends with everyone instead of being a leader. The employees who were less than professional were treated better than the employees who show up for every shift on time without complaint.
Cultura laboral

It was okay to work at the site I was working.

The schedule used to change weekly and we worked a lot of hours that we didn’t sign up for but that was only the site I was working at other sites had consistent schedule.

Pros

Healthcare

Short breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good Depending

There is a lot of different sites that are vastly different. The site that i was the manager of was laid back, but there was no real support from the client like was stated in the contract. G4S management was more focused on making the client happy even if it meant turning their back on the issues their officers pointed out that the client were obligated to fix or help with. i was transferred to another site that is more fast-paced and i haven't seen the same issue appear. each site is different, but the first site definitely left a sour taste in my mouth for G4S as a whole.

Good location

The place you out at great environment around the people to where you can monitor and secure the area secure. Monitoring cameras live feeds walking the perimeter and checking visitors in at the desk was all in a days task. In addition, I had to supervise a team of five security guards, so I had to also assign tasks to those as well as make sure that the parameters were checked, cameras were always viewed, and someone was always at the desk to check someone in

Pros

I had a great team so the days were easy

Contras

Had to stop and question everyone with a bag, along with search it

G4S Upper Management

The site I am working at is great !! Easy to get there. The officers on the shift I work do their job. The supervisor is fantastic & organized. Unfortunately the Upper Management at the Reynoldsberg Ohio Office are all young inexperienced and don't know how to manage a security department. They just seem goof off and send people who don't know the first thing about security to a site. This office should be looked at carefully .... They don't help out the supervisor at all. They need to clean house. The only ones who know what they are doing at the office is the HR rep and training officer.

Contras

poor management at the main office

good work place enviroment

Good Compay to work for with good Managment and good superviors. They are very helpful with anything you need. Pay is great best pay i had at any other security companys

Really good job.

I enjoy working there. There is a team environment to work in. Good management. Good working conditions. Benefits okay, but not the best. other employees okay but not great at their job.

Contras

outside all the time. not good in winter

n/a

i a great place to work ,and to get some exerparince and to get your feet wet real quick.you have some bed days and you have some good day s it depand upon how you went to work

pleasant place to work

Provide protection to the property, buildings, grounds and personnel of a client. Conduct routine patrols via foot, vehicle, security checks, and report any violations to security. To review, write and submit various reports.

Wackenhut

there's a reason they are going out of business. Not paying people for weeks on end, and canceling vacations was a frequent practice within the company while I was there.
Cultura laboral

What ever you do don't transfer

I tryed to transfer from one G4S to another and that turned out great not. I got to the new location and had to do my paperwork then after I did the training for the new state I never got placed they don't return your calls. Don't seem to care weather or not your working.

Pros

The people I used to work with

Contras

No communication, no leadership, no one cares, turn over rate is. Crazy.
Cultura laboral

Not bad for security work

Pays more than most contract security companys. Good job security. Do your job, show up for work on time and you wont have any problems. .......

Pros

not much

Contras

no benefits for part time officers. no sick days for any officers.
Cultura laboral

More responsibility than you are paid for.

As a security officer, there are many things required of you and you run the risk of trespassing, theft, or assault. The pay is totally insufficient for the minimum training and expectation involved.
Cultura laboral

Its a Job to pay the bills

decent place to work at. some sites are more work intensive than other. pay usually depends on site. benefits are based on site. some sites are worst than others.

G4s

Overall good work and good location, only problem there is there was a lot of crackheads and drug addicts that got away with murder. Not a job for everyone
Cultura laboral

Enjoyable experience in Security and Investigations.

Worked during the late afternoon shifts. In charge of five personnel during each shift and trained newly hired personnel on conducting rounds, fire safety and crime prevention . In cases of theft and injuries, each incident is documented and investigated. I worked at various contracted facilities in Central Ohio (government and private facilities). It was pleasant to work with the public. Management was always open to suggestions on how to increase the productivity of the individual.

Pros

Working with others. Good working environment.

Contras

Health care benefits needed vast improvement. Company went out of business.
Cultura laboral

I liked working for the company. The pay wasn't that great, but the people and clients made it worth it. It's a great starting point for someone looking to go into law enforcement.
Cultura laboral

Great place to work to gain skills.

My typical work day consist of greeting AEP employees and visitors and making sure everyone who enters the building has proper identification. I did periodic floor sweeps and perimeter checks and some dock work(shipping & receiving). Management and supervisors were great, they gave a family oriented environment and had an open door policy. Most coworkers had been working for 20+ years so i gained great knowledge about the security field.
  • Empresas