G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Columbus, OH

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 49 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.287 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I cannot speak for other posts, but at mine, management is not great. The post is ok, no real drama for me, but others have had a rough time. Just be here on time and do your job and you’ll be ok.
Pros
Free food
Stressful
Cultura laboral
Pays bills nothing more. Security is Security. You just come to work get a paycheck and stay out of the way. Typical day is you do your job and stay away from the clients. G4S does want you to be friendly but they also want you to keep a distance from non G4S employees unless you get involved in management and have no recourse. Overall G4S is not bad.
Pros
Security
Security
Cultura laboral
Good entry level security company, offers numerous site locations and schedules. Company is global, so you can transfer if you would like. Offers uniforms and training too.
Pros
Site Variety
Pay
Cultura laboral
I got lucky that I work at a good site, if O was anywhere else with G4S I would not want to stay with the company. Coworkers are great and most supervisors are great but everybody above that level is cannot stick with decisions and breaks promises
Pros
Free Lunch
Cultura laboral
Even though pay was okay, the work does not match with the pay. The job is very stressful and very exhausting. You more than likely will work 12 hours shifts and some weekends to keep up with the work. It is a good possibility they are going to tell you it is mandatory to do job fairs on weekends every month or quarterly. They usually have at least 2 HR Generalist but they barely stay 6 months. There is a lot of finger pointing if you do not meet staffing numbers. I noticed during calls with upper management they will find ways to try to get rid of their staff of color.
Pros
Pay
Contras
No work life balance and a lot of blaming
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
G4S will take almost anyone, you would also have to commit murder to get fired. (maybe) That being said the pay is meh depending on your site. Use this as a stepping stone if you want to get with a security company.
Pros
you got a job
its g4s...
Cultura laboral
If I could give a zero star I would , I work at the construction side as a officer, but when they hired a Hood ghetto guy, things turned to Worse. I was harassed and the supervisor was very unprofessional. As well all all the supervisors at that site (holder). I could not talk to anyone there even there boss. Horrible company.
Pros
Benefits
Contras
Cultura laboral
They have me underemployed!When i was promised full time. Then easter sunday i hit a deer on my way to work, and they asked me if i could get a ride!! After totalling my car! After i told them i was in the emergency room, getting a cat scan, because if the accident!! After telling them i called everyone i could think of to le them know i wasnt able to make it!! And no one answered. They do mot xare about there employees
Cultura laboral
Not sure what all of the other reviews are about. I have been working with G4S for a few months and I have discovered something. If you work your a** off and care about your job, you will do GREAT.
Cultura laboral
Monitoring all activity by CCTV camera as required by shift assigned, lock and unlocks, Reports safety hazards& unusual condition. Investigates& doc safety and security violations, Maintains daily log of all activity and alarms that occur during the shift. Checks badges personal/visitor entering and leaving premises. Detection equipment log or by checking identification. Conduct searches of packages or persons. Uses professional courteous and customer services, techniques in all personal and telephone contacts with public. Completes necessary reports; use personal computer associated hardware and software (e.g.; uses Outlook for e-mail, studies computer based training programs. Writes shift and incident report.
Cultura laboral
It’s a job. Don’t expect much and you won’t be disappointed. Also, don’t expect fairness and you won’t be disappointed. If you are white male under 30, you’ll have a better chance at succeeding.
Pros
Pro veterans
Contras
If you’re not white male under 30, you’re screwed!
Cultura laboral
This company is a fraud and racist. I would never refer anyone to work for this company especially in the state of Ohio. This company does not follow protocol and allows violent people to work for them. They allow there officers to make false accusations against people in higher positions.
Cultura laboral
Always hiring but have several officers hired with out a site to go to once your in the I don't have a site pool your left there unless you want to go out of town to work.
Cultura laboral
Like any other security place, they don’t know who to promote or how to promote. Management doesn’t back up their guards, they simply do not care. No advancement at all, no opportunity for advancement. Some good people I met in the three years I worked there. The management and supervision was absolute garbage, half on a power trip, the other half doesn’t care. Don’t waste your time here.
Cultura laboral
This was a great job. I had to leave because of the shift conflicting with my kids daycare hours. I was with the Holder project all we did was patrol and secure property.
Cultura laboral
I didn't want to work there ever again. I was treated unfairly and lie about me, so couldn't get my unemployment. They are fake people and do not respect you for being loyal.
Cultura laboral
G4S is a great company to work for and I would recommend others who are looking to make a difference in in the community this is a good place to start
Pros
Fair compensation, Annual vacation.
Contras
Health care, room for improvement.
Cultura laboral
This is not a bad work place. They paid very well if the contract is good. Overall it is not a bad place to work at all. I also brought a lot of friends to then as well.
Cultura laboral
It was too much of a picking favorites work place. The longer you’re there, the more you can get away with. The managers never did anything and rarely would try and work with you to help you. Managers passed trainees to any guard for training. Didn’t have a set trainer and supervisors rarely helped.
Pros
Outdoors
Cultura laboral
You basically cannot choose most of your work hours. Not flexible. And when you quit your job they normally don’t take you back. And the pay rate is just not up to my lifestyle.
Cultura laboral
Easy Work, Enjoy working with most officers and clients. However, leadership is very lacking. Leadership shows favoritism and fails to grasp the need for teamwork and healthy leadership.
Pros
The work is easy
Poor leadership