logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Columbia, SC

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 42 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Interesting and Productive Environment

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Aside from the innate characteristics of the contract security guard industry, my experiences were enjoyable, interesting, and productive. Most officers pleasantly performed their duties with a sense of purpose and took ownership of their actions.

Pros

Officers are allowed to positively contribute to the success of the mission.

Pay.
Cultura laboral

Bad

Worst job ever. Poor management. Poor job lie paying job sites. No respect for families. Would not recommend this company to anyone. I have a master's degree and they would not pay me more than $11 . Horrible

Pros

Free uniforms, training, gun

Contras

Low pay and poor management
Cultura laboral

Everyone has a job to do and once it is explained then we are on our way. Getting questions answer by Officers that has been there longer.

G4S is a great company to work for, but the their management teams are not on target with the Officers. They think very little of their employee and they are not paid for mileage when they are asked to go out there way to accomplish something for the company.
Cultura laboral

Horrible company all about money

Supervisor at trane is the worst he lazy and a liar! He has picks and is very aggressive towards young women and men, no one can take a break but him.

Productive Work Environment

Many G4S officers are prior military and bring that sense of family and duty to the work place. Officers are very helpful in training new comers and work efficiently together.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Large company

Professional and good place to work. Would definitely consider working for again under right circumstances and location. Did enjoy the team members at G4S but did have to relocate.

Awesome job

Great place to work 👍🏾. I love it friendly people friendly place. Great opportunities as well. Thought I wasn’t gone like it at first but turned out to be a good fit for me.

nothing great

was hired told i will do my training in columbia then told i had to go to charelston for training.was not through with training ( armed) was sent to job site.my training ran out on 21 days they still wanted me to work without my sled card had me traveling over 2 hrs to job site. told them days i had planned to do things with my family be for going to the company they still scheduled me to work.

everything

Poor Management

Day to day work is generally pretty great. Company doesn't pay for Holidays unless you work it. The site I currently work at was closed for the holiday and Management refused to give me hours to make up on what I missed out on because of the closure. I was told I couldn't get hours because he couldn't take hours away from the flex officers that normally work the weekend when he could have sent them anywhere to get hours. I've had uniforms on order for over a year and still haven't received them despite contacting management several times and re-confirming my sizes.

Pros

Good work environment.

very poor management.

Hostile management

All security jobs except high skilled/high risk ones have low pay. You accept it when you're in-between real jobs and take one of these positions. G4S is the largest security company in the world and they talk the talk but they still take low wage contracts here in this econonically depressed area. $11 per hour to stand in the sun all day outside a bank with the crime the way it is today - without them providing you with body armor? That shows *ZERO* concern for your life, with lower than too low of a wage. It is almost contempt for their employees. If you're a good worker, they will stick you out far away. Why? Because they know yo u will show up when others won't. There is no reward or promotion. Why? Because if they reward you or promote you, they lose the guy that always does the hard stuff, commuting 40 minutes for a poverty wage - all while the mediocre performing rear kissers move up. Yeah, they talk the talk of being a professional company, but they act like another incompetent fly by night local outfit.

Pros

1 week paid training.

Contras

Uncaring management that treats you with contempt when you finally start to demand fairness.
Cultura laboral

Very laid back, learned how to be more observant, manager was always ready to listen to new ideas, if you were always on time and didn't call out he would always look out for you, people attitudes was the hardest part but can look pass that, and being able to meet different people was a plus.

Pros

Free lunches on occassion

Dealing with people

Security Work

Company has different sites and levels of guards, ie, banks, custom protection... Not really any different than other companies other than pay is a bit better.

Good company

This was a good company. Easy training and job sites. They listened to their employees. Good work hours and good management. Would recomend this company .

ok

G4S is a good company the only downfall is that the job can be taken away from you because of loss of contract so you have to hopefully get relocated and you could get less money

Productive and demanding

The staff was very supportive and easy to get along with. Everyone seemed to be on the same sheet of music. I would recommend this job to all my family and friends.

Pros

Nice work environment

work hoiurs
Cultura laboral

Poor support from corporate and utter failure to recognize offices attached to this site

At the site I was attached to, we were isolated. Other than uniform support, there was no interaction between corporate, the State GM, or the area Supervisor. Combine this with a callous support system locally and you have all the makings for a team subject to errors and inconsistencies.

Pros

Clean air conditioned spaces

Contras

You quickly max out the pay scale and have very limited opportunities elsewhere with a pay raise

Work hard

Its a good site however the company has its lack in communication and growth. They dont have a proper hiring process so people tend to quit more often because the roles are different than told at the time of hiring. The pay is good but its very stressful when they lack communication.

Pros

depending on sit you may do nothing all day but answer phones for 12/hr

Contras

bad communication, lack in uniform disbursement, horrible scheduling errors.
Cultura laboral

Business as usual G4S is a great company to work for Your coworkers come to work and are not complainers mostly The hardest part of G4S is there is no hard part of the job The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing upper management listens to their employees

Dependent upon Site

G4S has many sites available and jobs that allow you to move between them. Depending on your level of Commitment and Flexibility you can do as much or as little as you choose within the Company's Guidelines.
Cultura laboral

Never saw management ,guess they trusted me to do good job.

Never saw management much after hire date . I believe they trusted me to preform job duties. Seemed as thow company had lot of turn over in management.
Cultura laboral

It was a temp job for me.

It was still a good company to work for. It was my first experience with anything along the security field. I have no complaints. Although, things could've changed since I left. And I left years ago.
  • Empresas