logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Colorado Springs, CO

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 48 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

A mostly good work environment

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It is contract security work and there are ups and downs. It is what you make of it. If you have a positive attitude and try, you can have a productive career.

Pros

Good co-workers, nice location

Contras

no sick time off, no vacation time, too much last minute overtime

Na

Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Obtains help by sounding alarms. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.

The Hardest Part Of The Job

The hardest part about this job is not knowing if you are doing things right. At the site i am at, training is very short and they will look down on you for not knowing things

Pros

great for college students

training needs improvment
Cultura laboral

great environment outside of management

Given the contract and what I saw throughout my time there, G4S proved time and time again that the contracts mattered more than their own officers and that just wasn't something that sat right with me so i had to leave.

Pros

pay, lots of hours

management, lots of hours
Cultura laboral

Slow and no way to advance

The management has favorites and they would advance people based on personal issues rather than their work experience. The management should advance people based on merit and work history/record.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

dont work here

No pay raises. Barely anytime off a year. Management is horrible. If you are absolutely desperate for a for coming out of the military, it is a decent stepping stone. Nothing more.

everything

Work place culture

Depending on what site you work. Depending on who supervisor you have to fully give training. Team members you work with. Things going on day to day basis.
Cultura laboral

Looks great at first, Don't be fooled.

The hours they force you to work are ridiculous. I didn't mind working overtime (and originally I welcomed it), but the schedule is unbelievably inconsistent. They will expect you work work a 16 hour shift one day, get off at some late hour, then be up for first shift the next morning, work another 12 hours, then show up that night for a 12 hour 3rd shift. Bottom line, don't EVER expect time off. I understand that some people want the overtime, but I can assure you that with the pay rates at most sites, you will be bumped into the next tax bracket and you will lose ALL of your overtime to taxes, making it not worth it whatsoever. You'll gross $2,000 and only take home $1500. I worked flex (meaning you work all the sites, and lots of overtime) for about 6 weeks, and finally they burned me out. I asked to be taken off of flex, and they agreed. Then they slowly starting asking me for favors helping out at other sites, and now I am basically a full blown flex again against my will. You may think it is worth the pay, but I can assure you it is not.

No time to yourself

Better than most Security Companies

G4S trains their employees more than your average mom and pop owned Security Company leading to a more professional work environment. They also stay update on retraining especially when it comes to firearm training and escalation of force practices, which makes it's staff more confident and knowledgeable about handling aggressive situations and communicating with each other. The pay is a little bit better than your average Security Company and they try to set up incentives and bonuses to their staff. There's also room to move up. Not sure if that's a good thing though and have seen a lot of upper management fired or quit. Overall a good company to work for. I would recommend them about other Security Companies.

Pros

International Organization

Quick turn around for Management
Cultura laboral

If you want a job that you show up and go home then this is great...no challenge

Very top heavy, no room for advancement. If you're not part of the Colorado Springs Utilities contract you're forgoten about. If there is one postive part it is Managment. Very good peole in the back office envireoment.

Pros

leadership

advancement, and raises
Cultura laboral

I have never worked for a company that displayed such utter disregard for their employees

Rampant cronyism. As far as G4S is concerned they own you. You are expected to be available at a moment's notice at all times. If they want to call you at 3am to ask you a question about a line item on a report you did 3 weeks ago you had better answer the phone and you had better have an answer for them. Utter disrespect for their employees. They'll lie to you they'll scream at you, they'll cuss you out. They think this is acceptable behavior because they make it clear from day one that you are Emminently replaceable. When I worked for them they literally could not hire people fast enough to make up for the people who were quitting

Pros

If you get on the right contract the pay is a little higher than average

Contras

They pay isn't worth the garbage you'll have to put up with to get it.

poor management

Leadership cares little for employee families and life outside of work. I would not return to this company but if you don't have much of a life I guess it would work.

NormalJob

Typical day at work Pay not sufficient for job description The hardest part of the job dealing with suicidal patients Most enjoyable is interacting with staff and clients

A Great Job

Only thing about this company is that they don't hire per job per seniority. Others can come aboard and get the higher paid jobs . A really great opportunity to learn about others .

Pros

great staff

no room for advancement

Security

The company always asked a lot of its employees but never compensated employees enough. Some locations of work were a lot of fun others not so much. Work life took most of the week just to keep enough hours to be paid enough to live.
Cultura laboral

Incompetency at its highest level

The management in this company, is similar to most security firms. They are disconnected from entry level employees, with regard to functional and solid leadership. Additionally, as with most contracted security jobs, it is a "one size fits all" mentality. An example is the hiring process where a prospective employee can have a GED or Bachelor's degree plus extensive law enforcement/military/corrections experience, only to be paid the minimum salary, same as the employee with GED and little or no previous experience. This, along with unpredictable scheduling, obsolete and ineffective training, unprofessional management, and basic disregard for its employees, I would not recommend g4s as a company or the job to anyone I considered a friend.

Pros

I saw the opportunity to leave (and took it).

Incompetent, Unprofessional, Lackadaisical management
Cultura laboral

Run Away As Fast As You Can !!!

If you want to be constantly used, abused, lied to, falsely promised, and generally treated like dirt, then go ahead and work for G4S.

Respectful and Knowledgable

Management treated everyone equally, very refreshing. Wish the pay would've been better, other than that, great company to work for...!

Pros

Management cares about it's employees

Don't have any

Na

This company is worldwide, it has many advantages that can be utilized for the future.Also this job will teatch you more about customer service.

G4S is a great company

Greatest security company I have ever worked for. Its not everyday your get the opportunity for growth with such a good company

Great learning experience

I worked with G4S Secure Solutions for close to 4 years. I enjoyed working with this company. Also, I enjoyed the luxury of being able to transfer within the company. I learned a couple new computer programs and was able to learn CCTV. I enjoyed training and learning about new policies in the company. G4S allows you to continue your education and earn certificates. I enjoyed working with each co-worker I had. We all worked well together and had fun getting the job done. I enjoyed talking with my bosses and they were all open for suggestions.
  • Empresas