G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Colorado Springs, CO

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 46 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.287 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
The amount of responsibilities is quite minimal and the sites basically take care of themselves. This leaves a lot of down time. Most of this down time is spent talking with coworkers or doing extra responsibilities to fight boredom. Overall the pay is not the best, but it leaves plenty of time for homework which is optimal for a college student. There is no fullfilment at all, it's just another job that happens to appeal to prior military or college attendees.
Pros
Free time and decent pay for the responsibilities
Contras
Poor, expensive benefits, incompetent managers, moving up in the company is a myth and only for those whom management prefers.
Cultura laboral
I was lied too when my contract was transferred. I was told I would be keeping my schedule and location... lost everything! Have to start over again. I’ve been at my post for several years with two other companies; with no problems.No 40 hours or OT for the first year. Massive pay loss during ‘holidays season’; makes it impossible to survive.The ‘uniforms’ are not respected by the public. No self protection if I get jumped. There is no COVID policy in place. No PPE. No social distancing; you have to take care of yourself and hope you don’t get in trouble. If you tell them your afraid, your ignored. I have benefits I can’t afford to use. I feel like I’m just another dollar to the company. They don’t care about the employees only their business. I have worked for other companies, that have Some compassion. One of my worst choices....
Pros
A job
Cultura laboral
The contract I am on is a utilities contract. We protect power plants, substations, treatment plants, water tanks, lift stations, service centers, and so on. We have a large area of responsibility which requires continuous checks to ensure there are no signs of trespassing, theft, damage/vandalism, signs of homelessness, etc. I do feel a sense of accomplishment every day I work here. We do have good camaraderie and comfortability working this job. The only thing I have for suggestion is to have an improved communication and expectations for the job. However, I do understand this is challenging because our leader ship is subject to the security instructions to this specific contract; and, they need to be updated. G4S is not the one that can do this.
Pros
Good comrade with co-workers and leadership
Contras
Communication, standards, and clear expectations can be better
Cultura laboral
G4S is the same as most other large security firms. If you get hired as flex officer you'll work a lot for the first few months but once everyone is done going on vacation you'll be lucky if you get twenty hours a week after that. They will expect you to be available 24/7 at first, so looking for a second job is out of the question. Most security jobs are pretty easy though. You're basically just a receptionist who also might have to do CPR and first aid. The people at the Colorado Springs office(i.e. management) are gossips. People at one site whom you barely talk to will know your business when they obviously shouldn't. It's obvious who tells them these things. Getting time off requests approved always takes multiple attempts.
Cultura laboral
Excellent training and career advancement. Supervisor and mangement take interest in the staff and are willing to work with employees. Great company to work for
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Cant think of thing to say about the company other than they are a great company to work for and the team I work with are great. These guys are good and will teach ya.
Cultura laboral
i enjoyed my time with G4S, i would love to still work for the company, but, coworkers were the cause of me quitting and not the management. Great management team, great company. I truly loved my job and encourage others to join the company.
Cultura laboral
G4S is a decent company that hires a lot of Veterans, sometimes pay doesn't match the duty, some of the Management is incompetent in leadership. they treat only certain employees well and others not so well, their good workers do not get the recognition they deserve, and they give to many chances to people that do not accomplish the mission well. All in all a good in between job for anyone that doesn't know what they want to do for work, and/or a good starting point in experience for Law enforcement or Corrections.
Pros
Pay, uniform and gear given by company, Veteran friendly
Contras
incompetent leadership, pay sometimes doesn't match job, doesn't take care of the Good workers in the company
Cultura laboral
The sites G4S has are staffed with mostly friendly and hard working people. Problem is the pay per contract tends to be very low at most locations. Also the office branch management is terrible. They don't care about promoting officers already at locations. Only getting warm bodies to fill slots. So even if a better paying position opens up at a site your contracted to and on site management for the contract may want to promote you they tend to get bypassed by the main office. Which is unfortunate. Good as a temporary job or for supplemental income if you're retired or have other income coming in. Not as a main means of income. Could vary by branch responsible for officers because most issues outside the benefits being sub par and expensive appear to be due to local branch management.
Cultura laboral
Not much chance for advancement in Colorado Springs. They did not utilize the skills I had to offer because it is a small. This place need to needs to grow.
Cultura laboral
-Your pay varies by whatever contracts need filling in the area. This could be and generally is minimum wage -Management is usually local and headed by someone who is burnt out and leans on the inevitable OT hogs
Pros
Ample opportunity for OT
Contras
Generally HAVE to take OT if you want a living wage, Pay varies by contract, If you have half a brain this is broadly an unfullfilling job with moronic coworkers
Cultura laboral
I had to leave the company in Colorado Springs to relocate to go back home and I returned all my gear to the office and a lady was there and started yelling at me and cussing at me and treating me like I was back in the military. Very rude and disrespectful people and bad customer service skills.
Cultura laboral
I was only with them for six months, alot of different attitudes depending on which contract you work, way too many chiefs. I was promised in a verbal pre-employment agreement on certain things and when it came to pass, everyone had memory loss. My equipment didn't fit me and no one seemed to care. Alot of long hours to poor pay. It's a good starter job but not a place to stay long as a guard. Your previous experience and education doesn't matter, you all get the same. Lots of back stabbing on no help from the main office, they are disconnected and well paid.
Pros
Its a job
Management and Pay
Cultura laboral
Very poor communication from management as well as supervisors if any mandatory overtime if your replacement doesn’t show up no guidance,Very little to no encouragement lots of gossip and backstabbing very unhealthy relationships highly stressful on you are psyche not recommend it
Pros
Good hours and good pay
Contras
Very stressful very on reliable no communication
Cultura laboral
The job was stressful but rewarding. Working in an ECC environment. If the client wasn't around the job site was very pleasant. I enjoyed seeing the upper Management from G4S when they arrived on-site. They treated all of the employees with respect and dignity. G4S was always quick to resolve pay discrepancies. Good Company.
Pros
Great work environment
Contras
Lots of overtime due to high turn over rates.
Cultura laboral
• Maintains safe and secure environment at St. Francis Medical Center for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Respond to sounding alarms. • Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers. • Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures. • Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls. • Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements. • Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques. • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Cultura laboral
The pay is poor considering the workload and forced overtime that people are made to do if their relief doesn't show up. There is also a good ol' boy system and they protect higher ups that have poor morals.
Cultura laboral
G4S is a good company for someone with little to moderate experience to advance in the security industry. You will not get the industry best training however you will receive adequate training and experience to continue in the field.
Pros
Good place to start in security
Contras
Can be long hours and not always the best pay
Cultura laboral
G4s is very specific in training. Over this company is great. Better than any security company I’ve worked for Training is great All higher ups are great
Cultura laboral
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Obtains help by sounding alarms. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
Cultura laboral
The hardest part about this job is not knowing if you are doing things right. At the site i am at, training is very short and they will look down on you for not knowing things
Pros
great for college students
training needs improvment