logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Cincinnati, OH

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 59 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Great pay, simple but boring work, poor schedule accomodation

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
To start with the good, the contract I'm currently on pays one of the highest rates of any other security guard job in the Greater Cincinnati area. If pay is your only motivation, this is a great place to work. The work is simple and you will be trained on what you need to do, so you don't have to worry about figuring it out yourself. A lot of the positions are stationary with the exception of patrol guards and require little input.For the bad, the worst thing is scheduling. Hours are given as they are available and there usually isn't much help from management to make the schedules better. If you want or need days off, you need to figure out how it will be covered on your own usually. They will often call you on your off days when people call in sick to cover shifts and it can get annoying if you become known as someone who will cover shifts.For the ugly, the job is pretty boring. Most of it is standing or sitting for hours around with few moments of doing anything.

Pros

Really good pay, simple work

Contras

Bad scheduling, work is usually boring, hard to get time off

Cpo

Good place to work flexible plenty of overtime opportunity. Plenty of opportunities for extra duty off your site. All in all a swell place to work the good definitely out weighs the bad.

Pros

Pay

Cultura laboral

easy work good money but that is it.

worked for g4s for about 6 months now i still have not earned vacation days you have to wait a year for those along with you have 1 sick day for 3 months they don't pay you covid leave there are literally ZERO benefits besides making good money and even to get to this site the back office gives you the run around 10 times we cannot get the equipment we want or need. back office is very poorly ran.

Pros

high hourly wage (at one site)

Contras

no benefits, no PTO till after a year

Reasonable employer

Worked with the company for a few years, they do have very long hours which impact on seeing your family so bear that in mind when applying, it can also be a dangerous job.

Not a good company

You are basically just a number. They do not care about the staff. They only care about income. You are constantly being overworked and you are most def underpaid. G4S pays $0 out of pocket. Everything is driven based on the site that you work for.

Pros

You basically come in and sit down and do nothing

Contras

Under paid and not respected by management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Good money not a career though

It’s good for doing something till you find a career job. Work environment is alright, you do a lot of standing and not talking to people. Overall if don’t mind your feet hurting it’s fine.

Fifth Third Bank site

I wouldn't recommend the Cincinnati office to anyone. The district manager is very unprofessional in many ways. The company would do much better without him. Other employees agree with my opinion about him.

Too many Chiefs not enough Indians

work is good if you don't mind you hands tied with red tape. There is no planning or communication with any of the powers at be. Your supervisors are getting the run around from the site manager who is getting the run around from the client.
Cultura laboral

Not the worst job ive ever had.

G4S is different. The highest paying job ive had by over 10$ a hour. HR and payroll sucks I was promised 24$ a hour at my interview but right now im stuck at 18.50$ because they didn't tell me when I got hired before I get my company gun then I will get the raise. Lot of skechey stuff goin on. Supervisors are for the most part friendly and chill tho
Cultura laboral

Stay away from this company

The account managers are inconsiderate of people’s situations it’s a bunch of favoritism and the pay is a joke and the console operator does more than the supervisors
Cultura laboral

Not a fun place to work.

There is nothing fun about my job, We as in all the Officers run our guts out. With no appreciation what so ever. We have not had a pay raise in over 5 yrs.

Great for me

I am a retired sales executive and need to keep mind and body active...G4S keeps me engaged with our customers and my coworkers. My basic rules is show up on time and do the job you are being paid to do.
Cultura laboral

Easy-going work, and great coworkers.

You can either be an armed or unarmed guard. I'm an unarmed guard who patrols a building with the person I'm on shift with. 30+ minute rounds each. We secure the building and monitor traffic in and out of the building. Monitor cameras that cover the whole site and report things to the chain of command. Most people are older and/or current/prior military. I think that makes them very relatable.
Cultura laboral

work well with others. willing to complete jobs

always willing to help coworkers and employees. step up and do what is necessary to complete any job. learn every aspect of normal duties and any extra duties with in reason.
Cultura laboral

G4S doesn't seem to care about their employees.

Some sites have a very limited amount of hours, if you want to get switched to a site that has 40 hr/week availability you have to wait for them to backfill your position. Once you get switched to a site that has a 40 hr/week availability, that typically means that they don't have enough people at that site and once you get there you have to work over time. At the sites it seems like there is always unnecessary workplace drama. G4S doesn't seem to reprimand employees that are questionable at best. Most employees in the company are older men, who tend to make inappropriate and sexist comments. Overall G4S doesn't care about their employees and just needs a warm body to hire.

Pros

Nice place to work if you're in school, you can do homework at work.

Contras

No one in the company cares about your work/home life balance.
Cultura laboral

Dead end job. No rm for advancement

Much favoritism, low pay. No advancement. Very low communication between main office and clients or contract site. No employee recognized.............

Pros

Not sure if there are any

Everything about this company

There or no pay advancement in 3th shift

The Supervisor where I'm is not accurate. You receive not interested filling of you job. He just do the schedule an let you look at it. In other words he don't seem too responsible or caring about what the workers do as long as they there and do a job never say thank you do a good job or try to encourage you to fulfill more goals that you won't sit at this job.
Cultura laboral

Do not take the job unless you are desperate for money.

Coworkers are decent and friendly. Management staff is terrible. Does not give you all the gear you need. Lies to your face and when called out on lies, makes you the bad one. Perhaps other locations are better or even worse than the one in Cincinnati. OH. Highest paying positions within "armed security" however, it is for you to discover and decide what it is worth to you.

Pros

A LOT of over time, since no one wants to work for them.

Contras

You have to establish if working there worth your values, standards, and morals.
Cultura laboral

Dont work for this company, its a joke.

I recommend asking questions about health plans, cost parking where going to be, if you'll have breaks they suppose to get by law, and how can I advance. Because I had horrible experience since I've been hired by this company. Toss you around like potatoes than doesnt work you after training because dont tell location your going to that location so they'll know your trained. Provide you right equipment to your job. I asked for uniforms since January and still ordering it they keep telling me. This job is a joke. They work you 12 hrs plus on your feet

Pros

Health, dental and vision

Contras

Breaks to none, pay for parking that is worth hr of your pay or more, no advancement
Cultura laboral

Good job not lot of money

Great place to work I learn a lot from this company seen lots of people work with some nice people had fun there for the time I was there I wood go back but pay not good for me
Cultura laboral

Sites are good, region management is awful

The supervisors ate the sites were squared away, the management at the office didn't care about their employees. The job is usually laid back with brief periods of work. The company provides all uniforms other than shoes.
  • Empresas