logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Charlotte, NC

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 212 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Better than average security company.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
G4S is one of the better contract security companies. The pay per hour depends on the site you work at. The dental and vision benefits are ok. The medical insurance is too expensive in my opinion. The job can be tedious, boring and involves a lot of standing. Full time hours are always available and usually overtime as well especially if you work nights and weekends. It can be difficult to get time of for appointments because the schedule is done in advance.

Pros

Full time hours

Lack of flexibility

Not Great pay Easy job easy fair pay could be more pay choose BPO

Not bad BPO position don’t have Supervisor’s breathing on you all day.May see them twice a week not a bad company at all. Very easy it is low pay and the overtime pay could be better.

Pros

By yourself on post (BPO) hot women come into bank

Contras

Standing on feet boring long day
Cultura laboral

It's a steady paycheck i feel blessed to have the opportunity

We were deemed essential employees and got the opportunity to work through the pandemic a lot of people didn't get the same chance. very fortunate for that.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch. Lots of overtime available

Contras

Benefits not all that great. Management needs to do a better job with keeping employees informed

Worst Job Ever

This is from my experience at one job site. I took the job part-time while attending college full-time. I was supposed to do 4 hours a day, but that was rarely the case. They would ask me to do 3, 12 -hour shifts in a row, 12 hours on your feet is pretty painful. Then other weeks, they wouldn't call me in to work at all. Some managers I assume were good; the last manager I had was one of the worse people I have ever known. The company is not designed for someone to move up. Most people there had been working the same position for 15 years, making $16 an hour. If you touch the railing, are one minute late off your break, or anything else that is insignificant, you will be written up. They write people up so they can hold it against them. It's a gotcha job where the manager is only there to write you up, they don't care about you or anything about you. It's not a career, like me, it's a job you do while pursuing your actual career.

Contras

Short breaks, terrible managers, zero benefits, low-pay, long hours of doing nothing.

Very poor company culture

Although they're all the biggest security company in the world if I were you I'd run for the hills and avoid this company at all cost. You're just another body to them and you're easily replaceable is there behind the scenes motto. Unless you're part of the "in" crowd you will have a very unhappy career achieve for us. They lie to you live witnessed management steal from the company they'll mess up your paycheck they'll blame you for everything that is their fault. Very poorly managed company

Pros

I no longer work there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Arena

I had a great experience at the very beginning.And moved from Florida to Charlotte north Carolina and this is were management have a very poor rates they hired any body. Disgusting

Toxic work place

No overtime or raises after 3 years. It was just a job and had to deal with stuck up bank employees. Site manager's use to spy on you and would write you up for any little thing.

Pros

Weekends off

Payscale
Cultura laboral

Using the learned skills of observation, and safety procedures to protect and/or save lives.

As a security officer I've learned to think about others well being. My job is to observe and report, but there are times when you are forced to act in order to finalize a decent report. A day of security work includes perimeter patrols, securing and unsecuring areas for approved clients and/or contractors and vendors, camera surveillance, customer service, report writing, radio transmissions, and working closely with law enforcement.

Pros

Good pay, usually upbeat atmosphere, learned necessary skills

Contras

The insurance isn't so great, mandatory overtime, mandatory under-time, unprofessionalism within management.
Cultura laboral

Absolutely not unless you HAVE to

Just as the title says... this place should be a last resort OR if you have nothing else better to do with your time... I’ve been there long enough and understand how the business is run more than most.. just don’t do it

Pros

Not much to list here

Contras

No state retirement, not much incentive, people without the required experience are still promoted to command positions.. etc., etc.
Cultura laboral

The job becomes your life. Time consuming.

Life is over. They do not care about you or anything else. just be there sick or dead. Long hours without breaks. You can not leave post until you are relieved. You are forced to stay after your shift is over no questions asked whether you want to or not ,or get fired . If 8 hours per shift is not enough standing on your feet or walking around in a circle , you can get forced to do it 12 hours or 16 hours with no food or thank you for your help..hours hours without

Pros

I have a job closer to my house.

N/a

Poorly run local office

I have heard from others around the USA that this company is good to work for. Unfortunately the are I work in can't get their stuff together. Poor communication, training, uniforms, management....

Security

I'm good worker and team player and always on time for work. Im single father just moved back to Greensboro I had get full custody of my son I can work third shift r first shift

unstable

I worked for G4S security a couple of years ago. They had multiple contracts within Mecklenburg county. once they lost the entire county contract, it was difficult for the company to find places for their officers to work. many officers were forced to go to the company who won the contracts that G4S lost. this company is a "gateway" company if you are looking beyond security.

Very good

A good experience and had a lot of fun meeting new people Very relaxed environment, people very easy going and very good hours Manager was very flexible with the hours
Cultura laboral

I worked there for 41/2 Years.

G4S was my first security job and I learned so much working there. I work at Bank of America for two years and then I worked at TIAA for 3 years until the contract ended this was the best company ever.

Site supervisors are incompetent

Overall I think the organization tries to provide adequate training to be a security officer; given the fact that the job is boring and does not require any education to accomplish. However, the site supervisors are incompetent in training, scheduling, and overall employee morale. For example, it is not uncommon to work an 8-hour shift on 1st shift; and then get a call @ 11 pm stating that they need you to come in @ midnight to work 3rd shift; and work half of the 1st shift following. Very unorganized @ the site level(s).

Overall great company

Overall great company but management ruins that for everyone needs a serious re-evaluation. If you like a job where you don’t advance and are constantly telling you to keep working with hopes of promotion this is the place for you

Very bad management

I am a workaholic. Perfect attendance on all my jobs since 1990. I have never been late. I have never met a stranger. I Love talking to people and meeting new people. My job has always been my first priority.
Cultura laboral

Best security company in the business.

Best security company in the business, in all aspects. Always opportunities for advancement. Management is helpful. G4s has provided me with a second career chance since my retirement. If you're a professional, then this security company is for you!

Worst place to work

This is not a place for females I was sexually harassed almost every day. The upper brass has no clue about the laws will have you arrest people and it will violate their constitutional rights!!

Low pay

When I worked in another state the pay rate was better. Management was great and advancement was available. However when I worked for G4S in Charlotte it was totally different. Management was not helpful. They never offered advancement to everyone. Jobs were not posted.
  • Empresas