logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Boston, MA

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 28 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.383 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good place to work to further your career in security

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The amount of flexibility we have for the schedule. work life is pretty balanced. I DONT LIKE HOW WE DONT GET PAID FOR HOLIDAYS, and I don’t like the wait time for my equipment I have been wearing a used vest since I started working with the company and it’s been over a year and I still haven’t received my fitted vest yet.
Cultura laboral

Great Team to work with; Learned a lot at client site (Boston Public Library, Copley Square).

G4S at the Boston Public Library (aka the "BPL") , Central Branch, Copley Square, is a great Company/Client to work for...I gained in my people skills, as the Client (the BPL) served a wide variety of Patrons from all walks of life. There were Patrons/Customers of many different backgrounds, cultures, and even countries.I am very satisfied with the 2 1/2 years I worked for G4S for this special Client.

Good pay for a reason

The job is easy and hard at the same time. Mostly consists of standing on your feet most of the day until you take your break. Have to stand outside which is the main reason the job becomes unbearable. From winter to summer with the sun on you all day.

Pros

Good pay

Contras

On your feet outside all day in all weather

The Worst Company ever

I am a highly qualified candidate who applied for several G4S positions. I got a call back shortly and they sent me coditional job offers and told me I would start training the following week. The following week came and I had no phone call or emails telling me where to go. Everyone I called rang and went to voicemail. I had tried calling 6 different numbers from different phones. All voicemail. I finally got into contact with their human resources department and they told me that my application was flagged and they weren't able to hire me. Confused, I asked if I could have the reason. They sent me the background report. Needless to say, everything the background check company said was wrong. I had sent them government documents show my military records (I am currently serving in the reserves and showed them this), had responded to every one of their emails almost immediately, and picked up everyone of their calls. They had wrote down that I had left the army, I didn't give them information, and they couldn't reach my references. I reached out to my references and they told me that the background company borderline harassed them, calling and leaving voicemails everyday, and when my references called them back, they didn't pick up. Not only was almost everyone I spoke to at G4S rude on the phone (when they picked up, which was never), their background company (Sterling) accused me of stolen valor, a felony. They said I had lied about being in the service to get the job. Even though I provided the necessary documents showing I was still in the military and everything on my application -

Contras

Rude on the phone, Never pick up the phone, Accused me of stolen valor, Don't call back to tell you theres a problem
Cultura laboral

Typical day working in the loading dock

A typical day for me working in the loading dock would be signing in guests by asking for their ID, taking their picture and printing them out a guest badge for access into the bilding. I also call K9 to check for packages entering the building.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

A Great Company to work for

working as a patrol officer for G4S , I learn how to deal with different type of race and how i should handle certain situation. it helps with patient because with I deal with different individuals everyday working.

ok work place

they are very unprofessional and they dont take care of their employees..i have been out of work for a month and they can't seem to find me work just details that only last 2 weeks..i need stability

Good Workplace environment and Bad management

So far I have been working at the site for 2 months now and so far I haven't met my supervisor we have only talk through email. some of my co-workers lie to me about switching shifts and my hours are terrible.
Cultura laboral

Enjoy the site and staff i work with

Good company to work for . I like diversity throughout company. Pay could be better. For what is asked of you . Can be rewarding far as advance movement to for other opportunities in the company
Cultura laboral

It’s great pay and steady job

If you have high energy they can use you and give great hours. I have 3 years experience in the security field and 4 years of Med Assistant and phlebotomists it’s very relaxed ;there are unprofessional things occur but rewarded for persistence which lead to management the pay is great for starter in my position as upscale security after management I can make up to 25-28 an hour and still expanding

Pros

Peaceful setting great pay

Contras

Unprofessional people but you have to be the difference

Loading Dock

i lean thing from the jobs that i work. Fun doing the loading dock area and garage area. monitored building to access and identified all official and employees before entering the building.

Pros

pay lunch

Arriving to Assingment

Meeting with management as well as clients,some should provide a brief on whats to be expected. Training is a must as well as certification and promotion do not forget your employees.

Pros

paid lunches full time sites

short breaks
Cultura laboral

Just like every other security company

Don't be a flex officer unless you want to get sent all around the state(even out). Schedule makers should reach out before placing officers, even with all the updates. Poor inter office communication

Pros

You're employed

Contras

Over nights in abandoned buildings
Cultura laboral

Great Company, Great HR managers also.

Great place to work if you're in college and want a stable income. I have a great supervisor who treats me with respect. I do get random calls someways to fill some shifts. I accept them only when I can. Overall I have been blessed to work for this company.

Pros

Shifts always available plus OT

Contras

Some random calls or text if you want to fill a shift last minute
Cultura laboral

Good job to start off with.

Good job to work at when your in school or to get something on your resume. Some sites have ridiculous requirements based on the client requests. The reality of the job is you basically need a High School Diploma, show up for your shift and care about your job.

Pros

A lot of overtime when you need it

Contras

You have to sign up for a union to get a raise. You get about a dollar more, but then it stops. The union takes a lot of money from your paycheck too.

Tiring

Was A Great Job Until Encoutering A Problem With A Managerial Staff At One Site Where I Was Constantly Being Harassed. G4S Did Nothing About It.
Cultura laboral

Fun working place and nice people

I Dispatched local and outside calls. I Walked around premises checking doors and stair ways for any suspicious activities. I Organized paper work for manager and assistant manager Maintained an environment that was safe and secure.

Pros

Nice lunch break

Great Place

love working there, people's job and made me feel welcome. Would love to work with them again in the future. The help me grow as a person.

Decent Company

G4S is a great company to work for. They treat you right and have decent benefits. Pay could be better and not all positions are available everywhere.

Pros

Benefits, Variety of work, Personnel

Pay is not great

The Best Job

Good place to work, I have been her for quite some time and i like it. This month makes it 7 months that i have been working for g4s
Cultura laboral

Team work, meet new people, interact with people. I make badges for employees. watch the entire property on Camera for safety.
  • Empresas