G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Boca Raton, FL

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 92 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.287 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
It was ok. The work isn’t terribly demanding. The pay is not enough to support an employee and their family. The corporate culture is pretty awful. All the employees are constantly complaining about the job because they do not feel valued by their employer. G4S will side with a client over an employee almost every time.
Pros
Working independently
Health care, ridiculous clients
Cultura laboral
I worked out of the Boca Raton office for a little over a year. I loved it at first. Then I got a new area manager (former cop that thought he was still a cop). He was a complete pita. Then we got a new general manager (an even bigger pita). Both of them made my work life with that company unbearable. My old area manager was in the process of making me a supervisor at my site but this new area manager gave my schedule to a new employee which cut my hours and then he removed me from that site. I left the company and have been so much happier ever since.
Upper management
Cultura laboral
You will never get a raise, they'll work you to death and never be consistent with a location. You don't know if you'll have a job at the end of the week. It's actually disappointing that this job is so draining. I did not have a nice experience at all. Don't waste any time here, get the free license class and then quit.
Pros
overtime
Contras
rude asf, no raises, looked down on
Cultura laboral
Site supervisors are horrible. They don't seem to care about workers and takes forever to get in touch with someone in the office. I'd much rather work for another company or not work security at all.
Cultura laboral
If you value yourself as a person, continue on with your job search. Though the pay is above national average. It doesn't make up for no PTO, no sick days, favoritism, no promotions, get written up for calling out, the heavy criticism you receive from upper management, can never get a hold of HR. Most importantly, this company will always have their clients back over their employees. I was constantly reminded of how we are all just another number.
Pros
Not working for this company
Working for this company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
we r nothing but a number to them They pay u very little and do NOT give raises nor any promotions College graduate in criminal justice and worked with g4s at the same post 4 years and not 1 raise The community I protect they r thankful and nice but the company g4s does very little for you.Pay sucks, benefits out of each pay period which is every 2 weeks they take over a hundred bucks for medical which u have no control over on how u pay ur medical benefitsBeen complaining over a year and now on the verge of getting an attorney but my pay is shorten on pay day then paid the rest the following week but more money is taken out when it should not bVERY POOR COMPANY AND I AM WAITING TO FIND OUT FROM MY ATTORNEY TO TELL ME WHAT WILL HAPPEN REGARDING MY MISSING MONEY WHICH HAS BEEN GOING ON OVER A YEAR. MANAGEMENT DOESNT HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH U NO THEY BARK AND YELL AT U CANNOT MAKE COMPLAINTS EVEN THROUGH THEIR HOTLINE BCAUSE NO ONE ANSWERS AND OR CONTACTS U BACK; NO ONE SECURING OTHERS TO B ROBBED AND TREATED SO POORLY IS PATHETIC DOWNRIGHT PATHETIC AND WE R SPEAKING OF A GLOBAL COMPANY AND SOUTH FLORIDA DOESNT HAVE THEIR SHyT TOGETHER I have so many friends that work in g4s and they too feel like they r treated unfairly Not getting paid your worth especially being a criminal justice major and to still getting beginners salary. Which YES U CAN STILL GET FOODSTAMPS welcome to securing them and they take from uGood luck but do not trust them they have failed many of us
Pros
I work by myself
Contras
Cheated, treated poorly, yelled and barked at, not being recognize in the company for having an associate degree, which to them means nothing unless u r military, being robbed for almst 2 years, and so much more
Cultura laboral
The Management is horrible. Its a private company but is run like a bad functioning government agency. They will throw you under the bus with one mistake. Many people that carried guns were wannabe police officers but shouldn't have been given weapons. Here in Houston the receptionists don't even bother picking up the phone. The onetime she did she didn't realize that she had me on the line and I could hear her fighting with her boyfriend on the other line. It was hilarious.
Too many
Cultura laboral
I have been with this company for 11 years I have learned a lot from being employed here. This is growth in the company with hard work and dedication
Pros
Work at your own pace
No raise
Cultura laboral
This was easily the worst employer I could have had. It's 100% a "good ol boys club". If you're not tight with higher, or do anything to praise the ground the walk on, you will go absolutely nowhere with the company. There is little to zero understanding or respect for work life balance and they don't care for the individuals they place at their sites. To them it's a numbers game. The pay is God awful, especially considering they boast about being the global leaders in security. Additionally, if you are lucky to receive a bonus, or a raise expect pay discrepancies for several months before it's handled. Overall terrible experience and I wouldn't wish this employer as a prison sentence.
Cultura laboral
We as Security officers did not get any supplies at all like gloves and masks and not even a call to check on the guards well being... At my post we r not provide drinking water... When I was first hired they told us all in our classes that we will get raises; well I've been working at the same post and company WITHOUT ANY RAISES AT ALL for over 3 yrs...
Cultura laboral
Being a security officer is not and easy task like people think it is but it is one of the best job a person can have. You have to be alert at all time and be knowledgeable about your post order. Know your position.
Cultura laboral
I’ve been working with the company for about two years now and I love it. The pay could be better and the company could match my 401(k) but besides that I like the job
Cultura laboral
Great people, good management, I like working for this company. I started in 2017 and have been promoted several times in the short three years I have been with them.
Cultura laboral
Worked for the company for over 12 years, and as I was promised a position in writing to a new location I gave numerous months notice of my move. Sold a home and bought home and once I settled in found out the place I moved to did not have a position for me.
Pros
Not to many
To many ti list
Cultura laboral
10- 12 hour work day with 3 breaks in between. Schedule is usually always the same unless you take overtime and make more money. People work very hard in this company.
Cultura laboral
Great company, I have not had any issues at all. Maybe it’s all about we’re you are placed. In that case G4S has nothing to do with how a manager manages poorly, when they are only looking at what is on paper. Every company has a hotline you can call if you feel like you are being mistreated, so maybe it should be put to use. This way they can improve on poorly ran sites.
Cultura laboral
I am in a transition of job career, in health field, therefore had to continue education, fulfill my goal. G4S overall, is a good company to work for.
Cultura laboral
Mgmt is absolutely HORRIFIC. Local office is disorganized, manipulative, dishonest and lie. Mgrs onsite are worse: favor certain people and give others random day off in the middle of your workweek & 8hr turnarounds btwn shifts, discrimination, favortism and harassment. No respect for empl that work hard, if your not a favorite they will mistreat you one day its just a matter of time.
Cultura laboral
Depending on which branch you work of you’ll either love it or hate it ! They make you pay for uniforms and classes they say it’s free but it comes out your pay check
Cultura laboral
I enjoyed almost every shift protecting not only the students at various schools while keeping an open observance for order and safety. Valuable service.
Pros
Protecting many people
Contras
Oh my aching feet from the foot patrols
Cultura laboral
There is no long jevity. Nobody knows each other like they used to ,used to have people that backed up their employees to The Chronic complainers amongst the clientele. The starting pay rates overall average is the same as it was over 20 years ago
Pros
Stepping stone into retirement or into a new career field
Contras
High turnover rate, not career-oriented, just a job with very few basic benefits