logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Bloomington, IL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 57 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,407 evaluaciones

Not bad.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The job depends on the contract you are assigned. Management will either make or break the job, I’ve had good experiences in my current role but know of others who haven’t.

Pros

Steady income with overtime opportunities

Contras

Hours, depending on contract.

Its a job

I worked at g4s throughout the entire pandemic. They had me at state farm south then moved me over to corporate because one of there higher ups was sexually harassing me. (Only took 4 months of him randomly popping up to my other building for them to fire him) I got fired because I was the victim of a hit and run drunk driver while my car was parked in my apartment complex parking lot.I have had a lot of things happen in the 6 or 7 months I've worked there. A lot of the supervisors are power hungry and because they have a badge they think its okay to be horrible to those lower than them.Of all the horrible people i met there, I have also met a lot of nice people. There turnover rate is really high, the pay could be higher and we should've gotten hazard pay for working through the pandemic
Cultura laboral

Don't walk, RUN from this company.

There are better options out there if you are looking to get into the security field. At the largest account in Bloomington the pay is not on par with what is expected of you. The attendance policy is restrictive to the point of getting written up EVEN if you go to see a Dr. in regards to your absence. You are a seat filler and that's it. Management could care less about individual employees and they display that on an almost daily basis. People leave this account/company in droves. Turnover is at an all time high. I will say that there is plenty of room to move up into a supervisory position because no one internally wants to fill those positions. Coming to this job I had so many high hopes but anything good is ruined by poor management. Be prepared to have your job threatened on a daily basis for things as simple as not signing a piece of paper on time or being sick. There are Supervisors who wouldn't even qualify to be a Security Officer, yet supervise those that do. There are companies in town starting security at $2-$3 more per hour. My suggestion is to find another company and NEVER look back.

Pros

Paid Lunches

Way too many to mention
Cultura laboral

Good

Nice company. They work with you on your schedule. I enjoy being part of a company that participate in securing low income housing. Flexible schedule if we need it. They are very respectful as well.

Complete mess of a company from Top to Middle

The only positive about management is when you finally find a location where you don't have to deal with them on a regular basis. They have no idea what they are doing and will constantly "mess up" your pay its amazing how its always on the low end and not over payment. Keep record of all your work hours you will need it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fun working environment

G4S leads a fun and friendly working environment. The workers are great and you will get top notch training. The work days are great and there is plenty of room for overtime.
Cultura laboral

Barbaric and out of touch

The recent news article about G4S is clearly not just one disgruntled employee's opinion. I don't even hate it here, but it is ridiculous. The level of inappropriateness from some of the higher echelons is shocking. In addition, it is clearly a "good ole boys" club. If they like you, and being liked is not dependent on your performance, then you can escape with murder. If you don't fit into the cool guys club, then you better cross every t and dot every i, or you will be cast out regardless of actual work performance.

Pros

Scheduled breaks

disregard for employees

Great

Great job to learn into more about professionalism. Only thing that I can complain. If your part time. You have to work holidays. Supervisors are great.
Cultura laboral

compare this employer to a puppy mill

The expectations of officers compared to the field support provided to officers is highly unbalanced. minimal staffing is the norm, shuffling officers between posts on different contracts is standard.

Wonderful job

The job is very easy and i love everything about it. i left on my own terms but they are still willing to help me out and give me a position back. they work with you and it’s like a big family

Terrible

Terrible place to work. Once management changed about 5 years ago it has been nothing but unorganized management that takes several vacations frequently. Long hours with no lunch period. You are paid to work through lunch break and get in trouble if you attempt a break. Not even allowed to call in a food order.

Terrible Management

Needed a day off for a funeral, did not get it because my supervisor wanted to go fishing. My wife had surgery scheduled on my day off, I requested the time off anyways...it got approved but they called me in claiming it was mandatory. FMLA means nothing depending on your supervisor. Our recent supervisor was allowed to smoke in the restroom, be on his phone or facebook all day, not perform his duties, and corporate did very little to address it. Eventually he was removed and those of us who reported him got harassed over it, and continue to be harassed by the Operations Manager. Management is all kind and polite when others are involved, yet talk bad about you behind your back and even spread lies if they don't like you. This used to be a good company, but the last 3 years it has gone from good to outright terrible. Upper Management pretends to care but takes any chance it can to stab you in the back while they profit off your hard work.

Pros

Got a few good coworkers to share the stress with

Contras

No breaks, no trust, no respect, no personal life

poor

30 minutes for lunch and a very tight schedule. Driving a bus for state farm is a pain. Everyone is watching and just waiting to tell on you if you do anything, no matter how small, to tell on you.
Cultura laboral

Overall good way to get your feet wet

I have been with the company little over a month now I transferred from different city to closer one to me. The over all training is great period. I would say the walking if you are not used to it is the worse part. I came from Trucking and my feet are sore every day. I am not obese I am little chunky but not obese. I have former military training I am in my late 30s and this was a carreer change for me. I got tired of all the bullcrap from trucking figured I would do this. So far I am loving it love the co-workers if you cannot take jokes as being a fresh recruit this is not for you. You have to have a little bit of a thick skin to do this job. ALWAYS CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH ALWAYS BE POLITE TO CUSTOMERS PERIOD OR YOU WILL BE FIRED

Pros

Great training

Contras

The walking and some of the rules are idiotic at best

Horrible

When I worked in Springfield Illinois they had site that had bed bugs and you didn’t have room for advancement unless someone left the company. I was at three different locations for the first three months and then one until the day I left and moved. You don’t get vacation time unless you have been there over a year. You get paid 10.00 a hour, being that I was in the Army for 4 years was told I would get $12+ a hour and I only made $10.99 the whole time I was there.

Decent Work Enviroment

I would clock in around 10:45 P.M. and grab all of my safety equipment and within the first thirty minutes I was bound to hear gossip or complaining about the prior shift from supervisors or just sobbing because people did not want to work in general.

Pros

Good Pay

Non Professional
Cultura laboral

Typical low paying security job, the same as all the rest.

I was a security officer and shift supervisor at one of their largest accounts - State Farm's headquarters. Our management team was unprofessional and racist. One employee even bragged to me about his confederate flag tattoo. I saw black employees targeted by management and treated differently than white employees (and I am white). They only gave two uniforms but some of us worked 6/7 days a week. After a year a received a SIX CENT raise!

Pros

Easy job

Low pay, unprofessional

Stressful

To many changes and lacks communication between supervisors and officers also feel like I'm just a body rather than a valuable asset to the company. No sick days and get penalized for being sick.

Pros

Free lunches

Contras

Lack of pay they hire people that are immature and unqualified

Great Co-Workers, but bad Upper Management and low pay

The overall work environment was pretty lacks, but the low pay and awful upper Management made it hard for morale. Besides that most of the other officers and supervisors were great people.

Pros

Paid lunch

Low Pay

Payroll is never right.

I've been employed with G4S for roughly three months and haven't had one correct paycheck yet. Nearly 50% of the people I work with have had messed up paychecks since I've been here. Apparently this has been going on for a long time. Management will fight you tooth and nail in order to not pay you correctly. Illinois Dep of Labor requires all employers to correctly pay employees within 13 days by the way. G4S is breaking Illinois labor laws. Good luck getting your money on time.

Pros

None. Horrible company and leadership. Clean house.

Too many to list. Run.

slow

I work alone at a site where there is nothing to do, other than do extra patrols to take up more time. My site has nothing going on about 90% of the time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general