logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Birmingham, AL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 39 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.287 evaluaciones

Decent

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
A regular day at work is pretty easy. Your just securing the faculty you are appointed and the people on the inside and outside of the faculty as well. I learned to always keep my eyes open and aware of your surroundings at all times. There wasnt really a hard part about this particular job besides just hand cuffing individuals that didn't belong on the campus of the facility and were causing problems. An individual who didn't comply with guildlines of the faculty. But that was also the most enjoyable part of the job as well.

Dead end Job

G4S like any typical Security company are changing hands, Try something that will offer benefits and a pension plan. Hospital Security has a high turnover rate due to the poor equipment, Micromanaging, and ill treatment to those who they want to pick on and harass through the day. Upper management is unsupportive and condones abuse so there is no support group to make complaints to matter that will be of any useful documentation that would make a difference because it’s a buddy system and also a good ol boy environment.

Pros

Easy to get hired

No pension plan
Cultura laboral

Extremely horrible company to work for!

After 2 years of employment with G4S, I cannot wait to find alternate employment. I know that individual experiences can vary, depending on where you are stationed, but my experience has been absolutely horrible. Just this morning I was called a 'p***y' by my supervisor for refusing to work additional overtime this week. I cannot stress enough, to any and all job seekers, this is not the type of company for long term employment.

Contras

No breaks, poor healthcare options, low pay, ridiculous uniforms, unprofessional supervisors
Cultura laboral

Having the ability to see the world

I enjoyed working for G4S , I work for 9 year but I move to Tenn but was unable to get a job I want to come back I have a app on file now and would love to return back to work for the company.

Pros

You get to travel slot

Contras

You have to work holidays
Cultura laboral

I wouldn’t if other opportunities are on the table

The people here only promote with their race and the pay is pretty low. When dealing with corporate they can do as they please towards employees with no one to answer to.

Pros

It’s a job

No room for advancement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Over all great place

Not bad need more advanced equipment. Also people should be held more accountable for their actions. Need better pay, but its a good company over all.

Great Experience!

I felt truly trained and ready for the selected position. We had a really great honest trainer who did not leave us in the dark about the type of work we would be doing. This company made you feel like you were part of something great. I wore my uniform with pride and honestly I had the best-contracted sites to work at and the experience was very memorable! I would say I was a bit spoiled almost with all the benefits but that's because I worked with an amazing team and great supervisors.

Give what is owed

They seem unable to correctly pay their employees. Time & time again I hear or I personally have had something wrong with my paycheck. Then they have this annoying policy where you have to go figure just how they messed up you pay check & properly spell it out to them or they will not fix it. They don't even try to help you in making any pay corrections.
Cultura laboral

Great company to work for.

Great company to work for. Good benefits. Responsive management. Above average pay. I have been with G4S for over a year and really enjoy my job. Every day is different, but always interesting.

N/a

They laid me off an never found me any other work that's not good when I would call they never had anything full just something one day here and there or maybe a week here and there I can't live on that .

Job and expectations

No work life balance. I was accused of locking people in the building in which I was assigned to work in and I wasn’t even at work that day! They never investigated they just assumed based on what a maintenance man who didn’t care for me told them! My previous supervisor was amazing, when he left for a new job the new lady assigned was awful and she didn’t even attempt to help me when I tried to explain. The situation
Cultura laboral

Good company to work for.

Would still be working for G4S had I not relocated. Training was good , benefits were ok for contract security. My management was willing to work we me.

Management Issues

great company just bad Local Management, local management unable to build good working relationship with staff or employees, local management planted seed of distrust and failed to look out for employees. Management was bias on who would get promoted and tended to promote there friends.

Pros

Great Corporate Leadership

Bad Local Management

Wonderful company

G4S is a great company to work for. G4s has least supervision not on your back about how to do your job. The Supervisors are always available if you need help with anything. You can be promoted quickly. It's also great working with professionals that have a wealth of knowledge in this field. G4s is a great company to work for and they are organized.

no comment

A typical day working with G4S is knowing you will be at your appointed destination to ensure safety within the company you are contracted with. Everything has to go by you, before anyone else. Meet different people.

Na

I had a very challenging experience working for this company and dealing with selfish co- workers and other thing of that nature but over all it is a great company just not enough for pay.

Worse place to work

Management is horrible! No room for for uso to move up. Raciest company. Only move up military officers. All of them have ptsd . Civilian people are just regular people.No women in any high title

Very friendly

I love working for G4S. Everyone I have come in contact with has been very respectful. Only thing is I need more hours. I will keep striving and improving myself to reach my goal of being hired on full time.
Cultura laboral

This job lies to you and picks and chooses

There is no room for advancement unless you have military correction or law enforcement experience which I think sucks cause it alot of quality to people without that experience but has security experience. The people in Birmingham do not really care about their workers or their contracts. The people in the office talk to you crazy they have attitudes the black people.

Pros

Non

Non
Cultura laboral

You will find good, but not great

Compensation and management could be better. Overtime is offer or mandated. Don't ask for a raise, you won't get it! Fairness across the board....no! I've seen 20 officers get a higher raise than supervisors.
Cultura laboral

Not the best place to work if yoou want to advance or work your butt off and bever get a raise

started out as a great place to work but there is no room for growth. the insurance sucks, they don't like to give raises, management gives you the run around, and they are very insensitive to death in family, immediate family member ill, etc..