logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Baltimore, MD

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 44 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Good stepping stone

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
If getting into security is what you want. This place is a good start. Management is something to be desired, not a lot of well rounded management.

Pros

Good start

Cultura laboral

Its was a nice place for or to qork because of the motivated people that work there.

I the people I work with was so great because they where like brothers and sisters working together. But as it's go's there always some that are there to create problems for some people they don't want to associate with and it everywhere. I had a lots of fun working they for 12 years .

Ups and Downs

If working with this company as an officer, best to get an insight about the status of the contract you’re assigned to if you’re able. They obtain contracts with great comp but they’re never permanent. I personally wound up becoming underemployed and had to make up for lost hours with another employer to make ends meet working for G4S because it appears they’re clients are able to request changes under short notice whenever they deem fit.

Pros

Great co-workers. Good comp.

Lack of job security.
Cultura laboral

Productive and always had work

My review of this project was spot on. Very productive and my team of employees were a pleasure to work with. There was always training and learning of a new position. I cross trained all of my employees so that everyone would know every position.

Pros

Working

Short breaks
Cultura laboral

Great hours, stability and consistency

Solid company to work for if you are in the armed Security field. Great professional work environment. Reasonable hours. Proper management. This job is literally what you make it. If Armed Security is what you do, this job is one of the premier companies to work for.

Pros

Scheduling, flexibility and reasonable pay

Contras

Limited growth potential, limited benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fair

G4S is better than most of the big name Security Companies, however I received little or no support from branch office in Baltimore. As a supervisor, I fulfilled my duties to the best of my training and experience for client with NO POST ORDERS. Yet when someone complained about me informing them they couldn't block cubicle aisleways due to OSHA and Fire Codes, I was removed from my post

Not a great company

This location I am at sucks really bad. Not what I expected when I got hired into this company. I am definitely looking for more. No pay raises at all.

Observe and Report

In this position I was responsible for securing the premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. I obtain help by sounding alarms. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.

Great job

The opportunity was great )learn how to teaxh others and protecting others lives and property.was lience throught the state of maryland. The job helps me maintan the carrear in my field which is criminal justices and administrate.

Pros

Grate pay

Laxk of communication

G4s

G4S is a good company if your going to use it as a stepping stool to get certifications. But they don’t value their employees(administration) and don’t give raises and would rather hire someone off the streets then promote officers. Just recently found out I should be getting paid more at the site I’m at but I’m getting paid a lower hourly rate.
Cultura laboral

While it suits some, one may experience issues with different postings.

Overall I had a positive experience. The company will try to keep an officer at a specific location as long as possible. You will likely have to work more than 8 hours a day due to the amount of officers calling out. The pay is good and your experience may be different depending on the post you are at.

I'm Just a body

There is no actual "training". as long as you have a CCW permit, they just give you a dirty rusty S&W .38 and tell you to have a good day. No matter the weather, they want you to stand outside. If you go inside the bank too many times to either warm up during the cold, go inside to cool off during the hot summer, or even go inside during a heavy rain, you will get written up. During the interview, I wasn't told about any of this until after I resigned from my last job and started working here.

G4s

G4S was a good job experience overall. it gave me the chance to gain experience and progress to gain my armed guard card. Scheduling was difficult at times.

Pros

chance to progress

scheduling coflicts

Productive workplace

Like any job, G4S has its pros and cons. You have to work there to decide for yourself. Ultimately, I loved the pay and the people I worked with. Thats the best part of the job, to me.

Pros

the pay

managment

Temporary job

I was only employed here because the company before them was bought out and they took over. It was a good job to have on my way to something more geared towards something better.

Pros

Work stability

No career job

Work Environment

Depending on the contract an employee worked, some assignments were great, others were bad. Good work contracts for those that have prior Law Enforcement experience.

Pros

Large management turn around.

Contras

Company is good for a go getter type of employee.

Its ok

Daily work is pretty cool not bad. My PM is the best he will take care of you no matter what, all he wants is for you to be on time and do your job, too easy.
Cultura laboral

good company to work for

Good productive work place but lack pay increase and advancement. Bank Protection Officers have to work outside year around which can take a toll on you physically over a period of time. The biggest hardship is working outside during the winter in the rain.

Pros

Good consistent job security

working outside year around

No skills required

This might be a decent place to work, if you have no experience or other skills. For someone, like myself, who is retired and has vast law enforcement experience, there is no room to advance, in this area. the pay is terrible and the work environment is undisciplined. I was promised a better paying position, when the initial assignment ended. (it was a seasonal position. Though they asked me to stay on permanently13.00. For the same low pay and no benefits.) Turns out that position never existed. The company sends out surveys to ask for honest input, but then they never respond. If you are looking for a career or good pay and benefits, this company is a waste of your time.

Pros

decent starting point if you have no skills

Contras

not for anyone with any experience

worse place to work

They are the worse company to work for. They always messing up your pay. If you work a holiday and overtime in the same week you will not receive your holiday pay. If you only work 40 hours in a week that there is a holiday you do receive the holiday pay.

Contras

no lunch break, always messing up you pay check, pay doesnt match experince they want

Get your start here

Access control is important and when the tried and true practice is implemented, it can make for an easy day. Repetition is the way things get done quickly and easily, but can also be exceedingly boring. The upside to the boring piece is that when something is out of place of new, you notice it more easily. This can make you an effective guard because you memorized every face and brick that you are around everyday. The culture is one of fun but the hardest part is staving off the boredom. You must keep your mind occupied yet sharp, and stay vigilant through out. This is a great place to get started with your security training, but upward mobility is extremely limited. Management is poor when it comes to the upper levels attempting to help but other guards you work with help you as best they can because it is an environment of teamwork.

Pros

Get your credentials and training

No upward mobility