logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Southampton

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 14 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Great job. Great team. No sick pay

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I worked with some great people who normally go above and beyond. Good culture. While you do your very best. Never go sick. Always turn up. Help with overtime and holiday cover and more. If you go sick. You don't get paid. One way street really.

Pros

Money OK. Shift pattern OK. People OK.

No sick pay. No awards.

Productive and accomplishments

I have gained all the relevant experience from G4S and I am very previlage to be the part of the team. I have learned so much while I was on the training and support.

Pros

Help and support

Long distance

Lovely Company

I had a great experience with G4S Southampton Region UK I work with various places NHS Ford motor plant DWP all government places . Very professional Managment and easy system to check your schedule on iPad online
Cultura laboral

Not very good place to work management incompetent with doing there jobs

Managers never care about there staff or help them every man to them selves venerable jobs are given to people that can’t even do it you don’t have back up if a situation starts at work employing people that can barely stand old age or can’t even speak English
Cultura laboral

An enjoyable environment in which you are kept busy.

Follow the plan as given by the team manager. Learnt, customer service and looking after wheelchair users. Management, they are there when needed. Work place culture, fast paced with a deadline. Hardest part, nothing comes to mind. Most enjoyable part, a busy day with hardly any complaints.

Pros

Close to home, Tips

0 hour contract
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Flexible,great colleagues..

Sometimes long hours, the flexibility of this Zero hours contract is it's greatest advantage, plus the chance to work only later shifts.uniform supplied. A typical day could involve an early start, helping Guests to find their luggage, manning esculaters,manning level crossings and directing guests to their transport.. Afternoon duties include, Booking Guests on to their cruises using computers to record passport details etc. Handling queues, directing guests to the appropriate areas. Often you are working several hours on the computer without a break. The most enjoyable thing is working as a team, the comaraderie is second to none.

Pros

Uniform and Flexibility.

Contras

Time spent on your feet of sitting at a computer.

Very poor

There was no management directly working out of the office I worked at, and the other drivers were not very respectful of their colleagues or managers

Pros

independently run

no line management

Great Company

I loved my time with G4S, and sad I had to leave the company, I had many experience within the company which I feel I will be able to take with me into different companies.

Pros

Qualifications

Not a good atmosphere.

Poor management at the top they dont know what goes on in the work place dont care about personel you are just a enother body they dont visit the place you work at to see if everthing is ok.

Contras

Long hours for minium wages
Cultura laboral

overall a good company to work for

On the main points this company is very good to work for. I've spent 10 years with them and in all that time my wages were always paid correctly and on time with help and support for their staff

Pros

company benefits and discounts

Contras

not the highest paid but certainly not the lowest

enjoyable workplace

Work from 0600 to 1800 Mondays to Fridays son the main gate. Control access of all persons and vehicles to site. Do vehicle searches and random personnel searches when required. Patrol premises and maintain radio communications. CCTV monitoring and administration duties also performed here. Have a good relationship with co workers and management of both G4S and Ford.

Pros

good pay rate and number of hours per month

Contras

I live in Lymington, so distance to work is a bit too far.

Good company

Enjoyed working for G4S as it was very interesting work and right up my street with figure work. The company do go into great detail of ten years previous history on you before getting into the company. The office is good team work and friendly environment.

Pros

Really interesting job

Great concentration needed
Cultura laboral

I want to work and do not want to be on benefits.

I am experienced in guarding, both static and mobile. CCTV coverage at different sites when on Relief staff as an ARO. Patrolling experience both on foot and in a vehicle at high profile sites. ie Marchwood Power Station, Siemens and O2. I have considerable management experience from my Zimbabwe days and I am a Fellow of the Zimbabwe Institute off Management. I have worked with people from different ethnic groups including Gurkha's and have always got on well with all my collegues. The hardest part of the job was having to confront shop lifters when in Retail, but as this was part of my joh I did not shy away from the task. I used to enjoy contact with people and was happy dealing with clients, customers and members of staff alike.

Pros

Free parking.

Long unsociable hours.
Cultura laboral

Exciting opportunity to work in a pleasant environment amongst passengers and fellow staff.

Because of my passion regarding travel along with my passion for shipping the position gives me the ability to combine both. A typical day would start anywhere between 6 am and 8 am, once I have arrived at work it more or less starts straight away with the disembarkation of the passengers, there may be questions that need answering or advice given to those who require it and generally making sure as part of a team that the whole process runs smoothly and quickly. Check in opens about 10.30 so arriving passengers have to be handled and there needs taken care off. Embarkation starts about 12 pm midday and this is also the start of the main check in time where an endless stream of passengers are taken care of and dealt with accordingly prior to boarding the ship. The whole check in procedure runs up to approximately an hour before the ship sails which is usually between 4.30 and 5.00 pm. The management are very pro active and any circumstances that may need there assistance are always dealt with in a very professional manner. My co workers are some of the best I have ever worked with and are totally professional not only at there job but are also very experienced and show a great attitude towards the company. My hardest part of the job is when there is a late check in for what ever reason and passengers arrive wanting to know what the situation is, tempers sometimes fly and I have to be totally professional at all times without causing any situation that may arise because of it. My most enjoyable part of the job is working in a busy passenger terminal environment -

Pros

Working in an environment I feel totally comfortable in

Lack of career progression