logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Liverpool

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 38 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Poor work place

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Wasn't really the job I applied for was sent to lock and unlock different sites with someone, you were then on call waiting for alarms to go off you would be sent on your own in the middle of the night which I think is wrong should be going in pairs. Your given a car its tracked an you have a camera watching you at all times. Management were really friendly just wasn't the job for me.

Pros

Bit of down time of a night

Contras

Long hours can get boring when the is no job to go to

good place to work

i worked on many sites lots off work long hours but lots off good sites to work on and gain loads off experience meet lots off people as you move around the north west

Pros

easy going

Just Bums On Seats

Can start from 0500 to 1530 and finish at any hour the management dont really care as long as the work is finished. Dont expect to find out what time you are in the next day as nobody in the office can tell you as they dont know or just dont care. I have learned that if i could go back in time i would never have applied to work for G4s or believe their training robots in Coventry who spout from the G4s training bible like it is Gods own law, it is utter bile and does not prepare you at all for the many challenges that lay ahead. There really is not enough space on here to describe the management or complete lack of it, all apart from one Mc are complete bluffers who lie and deceive their way through everyday bullying staff who they wouldnt give a second glance too unless wanting something from them or to make themselves feel powerful in their little shallow lives. My co-workers were mostly ex forces and great lads who were just suffering the same nightmare as myself trundling from one day to the next not knowing what time they were in. There is also others who love the bones of the place and obviously escaped from some mental institute and were taken in. The hardest part of the job is containing the pure frustration you feel everyday walking through that soulless pit of an office and god help you if you need to take a holiday without giving them 18 months notice and a slip from God himself. Contracted 39 hours but on rosta for 60+ without any thought to staffs families or leisure time. The most enjoyable part of the day is walking through that same soulless empty office -

Pros

Going Home, Ladies in Chester and Liverpool

Contras

Management, hours, lack of information, faulty equipment, old vehicles, warning letters for breathing too much

Security Officer

Worked for this company for five years, but really it's a mixture of all different companies and they have "business units" which are essentially different businesses working under the G4S umbrella, having moved between some of these, they were all totally different. You could tell the difference between Group 4 and Securicor managers, those were the two companies that merged to create G4S and the Group 4 managers were good while Securicor managers just didn't really care. As well as gaining contracts mostly through acquisitions, they haemorrhage a lot of big contracts at the same time, Morrisons supermarkets was lost, their contract with RBS was scaled down a lot, small contracts were lost that they had with housing associations, and they get a lot of temporary contracts. I mention that their contract gains are usually from buying out small companies because it's important to stress that it's not organic growth, it's not positive because they are growing because of their deep pockets and not because they are any good. When I started I was given a 42.5 hours per week contract but they attempted more than once to get that off me, first by offering me a nice new job but if I'd taken it then I'd have to sign a new contract and throw away all previous service, and start all over again. (they thought I was stupid) Then I got a redundancy notice, and had to telephone and email different business units to save myself. I did find something but it was terrible and I didn't last much longer. Some departments were OK to work in and others were horrible, such as the retail department -

Pros

You have a job which is sometimes tolarable.

Contras

The famous name and the size is decieving, they don't behave better than smaller security companies at all.

Busy, and friendly

A good company to work for, unfortunately made redundant through national restructure - otherwise a good safe company to work for with possibilities for advancement.

Pros

Variation of work.

Contras

Shifts whch would not suit everyone.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

A typical long day, highs and lows of working to tight guidelines. Working as a team regardless of who you are.

I started work every day at 07.00 am usually till 16:30 pm . Checking data uploads to be correct and FI schedules matched.Weighed, counted and balanced money. Delegated all work required for the day. I learnt to get organised early on to maximise productivity and effective work balances. The management where usually approachable and listened to opinions and ideas.Helping when necessary. A good relationship between workers and management was needed because of the volume of work and delicate nature of the business. Security was very high. I had a mixture of personalities and ages in the department and most people worked together happily. There was some friction as we were in a smallish room for 8/9 hours locked in. I used this to get several jobs completed at the same time with minimal conflict. The hardest part of the job was at busy times of the year. Motivating tired staff to go that extra mile. Christmas and bank holidays, keeping the smile on everyones face. The most enjoyable part was seeing the work completed and knowing we had balanced our ledgers correctly every day in the hours allocated. Knowing we could go home a job well done.

Pros

Good team work and happy staff

Contras

Long hours and some unsociable hours

Challenging

I have worked there for nine years firstly working on the wings and enjoyed this as I came into contact with people from all walks of life. However the outstanding thing would be the group of people I worked with on a daily basis. I have learned how to difuse situations with my verbal skills and gained great respect from the prisoners who I had dealings with. I like to be spoken to the way I speak to people. I moved to the reception dept three years ago as I wanted a new challenge. This involves the processing of prisoners for production at court,release,transfer to other establishments and the intake of new inmates. I have covered on and off as manager over the last six months and this brought different challenges. Having to deal with outside agencies chasing up warrants and other relevant paperwork. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability of the prison..not knowing whether you would be dealing with a self harm incident or fight or assault on staff. I can say the most enjoyable part would be the group of staff I worked with. The dept has a group of sixteen who I grew very close to.I can work as part of a team but also work on my own initiative. I am able and willing to learn new things and can take instuctions and follow them when required.

The Whole prison

This is a great place to work. The work is hard but very rewarding. If you want a career in custodial work, this is the place to be. Staff at all levels work together to deliver a great service.

G4S security

I am currently employed on a zero hour contract, so I am able to choose jobs around my children. I am constantly busy and the shifts go pretty quick, I would will a variety of people from different walks of life and enjoy each shift I register for as never one shift is the same. I enjoy working within a team as well as on my own

Pros

Paid Travel to events

Contras

Can be long travel to and from events

Productive and Customer friendly

Punctuality, sincerity, and selfless customer service are highly valued at G4S

Pros

Access to high profile events

Spend long hours standing

no fun

No good company for any body who looking to have some future and good life xperience

all

Enjoy working at events

Enjoy working at the events and gives you training and opportunity meeting people.

Pros

free lunches

unpaid travelling hours

enjoyed my time there

i would of still been working with this company today by choice but unfortunatley because of the G4S SECURITY olympic fiasco there were massive financial cutbacks which affected my services

its to quite for me

i need change from job center plus will always give 100per cent have worked in football grounds in and round merseyside looking after saftey of the publici need change from job centers whould like to work for events in or out doorsworking in job centers is good but building im in has no air con got to wear shirt tie should be given t shirt or have choice to wear them in summer

Pros

first aid

money

Not a happy company

I work for g4s has a security gaurd and I am happy but time for me to have a change in job has there is no more I can give to them

Pros

No prospect in tthe company

Hours dont suit

no 2 days the same

I enjoy my role with G4S but dont want to work in a prison for the rest of my work life.
Cultura laboral

Other staff are great, management not so much

The management are unorganised and unforgiving, when they dont get enough SIA licensed people the standard stewards are forced to cover their positions.
Cultura laboral

strict enviroment to work in

typical day at work was general security dutues including gates house duties.reception duties.

Pros

job security

lack of managerial skill