G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Liverpool

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 38 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Wasn't really the job I applied for was sent to lock and unlock different sites with someone, you were then on call waiting for alarms to go off you would be sent on your own in the middle of the night which I think is wrong should be going in pairs. Your given a car its tracked an you have a camera watching you at all times. Management were really friendly just wasn't the job for me.
Pros
Bit of down time of a night
Contras
Long hours can get boring when the is no job to go to
Cultura laboral
Look for a job elsewhere UnderappreciatedOverworkedHighly stressful No work life balanceUnderpaidHorrendous shift patterns13 hr shiftsNo leave availabilityNo duty of care
Cultura laboral
The people who I worked with while there were mainly good people but the management are a different story they are only happy if they are giving you a bad time . And then you have have people who you can’t trust because they going running to the management team hoping that one day they will get a chair in the office but it will never happen because the management team think they are above everyone else. If you ever need union help over a issue you have with your work you are told you will make it worse for yourself if you take it out of the building and let people know what is going on and don’t ever try and ask for time off without giving at least 12 months notice then your lucky if you get it
Contras
Going home at the end of your trip
Cultura laboral
Didn't have much of a life when I worked here, early start late finish sometimes 6 days a week and long hard days of constant work not much driving at all. Equipment way often faulty but they still expected highest standards of work. Sometimes the van would be that old the air con was next to non existent and cant even put the windows down, was torture on a summer day, Still they expect 100%
Pros
Cant think of any
Long days. Bad management. Equipment. Always get sick
Cultura laboral
Company is ok to work for over work and constantly arguing with management about courses and transferring between contracts as the clients and contracts are always putting complaints in about the guards
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Hard work, stressful, new day everyday no day is the same. You have to be thick skinned and used to verbal abuse from inmates and always be aware how manipulating inmates can be and always know your audiences.
Cultura laboral
Staff are not supported in their roles. The supervisor/managers make the rules as they go along. Staff are not appreciated for what they do and certainly not paid for the responsibility they have .
Cultura laboral
Terrible company to work for. Job can be easy at times, but highly stressful at other times. Pay is always a problem. Every month having to chase up missing shifts. Can get holidays ok, but getting paid for them is another matter. Earning pennies for what we are expected to do. Company seem to rather spend its money on spying on you, than keeping you happy. Always hiring idiots that aren't interested in the job. Management is a joke. All yes men to save the company money, but not look after the workforce. Constantly dumped on. Nothing works, no phones , torches, and wreck of vehicles. Essentiall parts of the job. Rules always changing, can do something right one day, then getting disciplined the next. Always promising and never delivering. Avoid.
Pros
Plenty of time to kill.
Mostly everything else
Cultura laboral
This company is the most good to me because I have been working so long for them and they are great thanks. They are trustworthy and the treating people whit respect.
Cultura laboral
Very poor security procedures. Management only concerned about ''getting the jobs done'' rather than the safety, happiness and staff concerns. Always mentioned problems on the road and with my training however was NEVER helped. Routes for progression are good if you like to earn money however management team are shocking.
Pros
Money
Cultura laboral
Promotes bullying. Lack of staff support. Does not believe following the legislation with pregnant women. When I reported a member of staff for bullying, they said they would sort it - instead they promoted them! If you want to destroy your life - apply for G4S. Biggest regret I've ever made. The company should be ashamed with themselves.
Cultura laboral
I am part of a great team and find management very approachable. My workday is varied and can be very rewarding, However I would like to reduce my working week from 40 hours. I have learned many skills in the years I have worked here as I have had different job roles. I am looking for a new challenge with a better work/life balance.
Pros
Free Parking and some flexibility
40 hours is too long a working week
Cultura laboral
Great place to work, career prospects, developed my organisational and time management skills. I worked as part of a team and as on an individual basis.
Pros
salary flexibility
Cultura laboral
G4S was a company that very much fitted around my lifestyle. It was a as of when contract, so I would only work on the days that I myself chose which was extremely helpful for me whilst studying at University.
Cultura laboral
I signed up for G4S in March of 2107, and to their credit, the recruitment process was actually very rapid and convenient. Work life was as expected and was challenging but mostly fun. Problems lie within the management, standards deviate depending on where you work and you will find that there are times when you are left alone for long periods of time with no further instruction or without breaks. And often many managers treat stewards like second class citizens and will punish the smallest mistakes with sometimes unreasonable severity. Despite this however, it remains a decent paying job, however, actually finding shifts becomes a challenge, especially in the latter months of the year when little is going on.
Pros
Decent pay, challenging enough that every shift is unique, there is a chance to meet many different types of people
Contras
management is not ideal, not a job for people who don't like lots of standing
Cultura laboral
long hours but good fun and social side to work!!. met some ok people when working meet people up and down the country, overall quite good money isnt great though
Pros
social side
Cultura laboral
Whilst working for this company for a total of 14yrs the management structure is poor as well as personal skills towards staff ill treated constantly, always looking to put the blame on you before any correct procedures have been adhered to
Pros
paid lunch and breaks
Contras
poor managers with no experience
Cultura laboral
been here for nine years shifts and politics of the prison have changed not for the better.so i would like to try a change of career.great staff i work with learned a lot about security ,shifts being all over the place .having a laugh with workmates has always been good .typical day escorting contractors around the prison.
Pros
not much
terrible shifts
Cultura laboral
the company wackenhut was pooly managed and badly run and i felt risk were being taked due to inexperienced managment airport security is a big responsabilty and management back up was not avialable
Cultura laboral
Enjoyed working in the airport , due to going back to collage i had to leave this job to study my business administration level 2.
Cultura laboral
anxiety,sleepless nights due to the pressue, rage induced stomach ulcers some, some of what you can expect working for this god awful corperation. if they can do you over and blame you they will find a way
Pros
non
everthing