G4S
3.3 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Edinburgh

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 39 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,523 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good firm, well established.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Started with this company a few months ago. Have found them fair, and they have gotten me some decent shifts. I have not liked every shift the same, especially queue management, but it has all worked out alright.

Pros

Good company, good shifts.

Good company

Very good company to work for management are down to earth and straight to the point will guide your through problems, staff are encouraged to help each other promotion is few and far between due to the management staying.

Pros

MondayMonday-Friday

Cultura laboral

Flexible student job otherwise dead end and boring.

In my role as a crowd steward I often had to stand outdoor for long periods of time with minimal and sometimes no break. There was little or no facilities for staff when I did get a break. Not knowing exactly what job I would be doing meant it was hard to prepare in terms of appropriate clothing or food. It's often quite solitary so hard to make friends. There was opportunity to work at some quite exciting events however most were relatively mundane.

Pros

the opportunity to work at interesting events.

Contras

Long hours, few breaks, outdoors in all weather, not much contact with other humans, unpredictability

Event Work

I've had as much work as I wanted until the corona virus struck. Since the Pandemic I have still been able to pick up work through the business ops side of G4S and hopefully things will pick up again. I was getting work at football, rugby, theatre and music venues. G4S have given me excellent training and support and payed for my licence course. I

Pros

In Events you register your availability and so work at the times and places that suit you

Contras

It's not a full time job.

Rubbish

All those weeks you do training are useless as soon as you walk through those prison gates...or court gates! Opening cells ALONE with 15 prisoners waiting to rush you! all the training goes to the trash soon as you start
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Poor employee attitude

No interest in their employees. Basic wage,12 hour shifts. Not signed up to real living wage. You would think they would. Interview easy. But you just like a robot. Manager was not great would walk past staff say nothing. No morning or usual passing comment. Normal between people. Wage was depressing when you look into their finances. Don't do events

Working with G4S

Busy day's, most day's were and work would continue into the night via your phone. The hardest part of the job is being on call 24 / 7, or it seemed that way, the best part was on event days when you were "on the ground" working closely with your staff.

Bank security

I use to work in the bank security it took a long time to process my start to finish my job application took a long time even when I wanted to start back with G4S I had to go through all the process again from the beginning which was a pain as I should still be on file

great place to work

productive and very busy place to work colleagues very supportive and helpfull, overall a good place to work with oppertunities to learn other roles within the company.

Not great

Rubbish pay for a job like this considering the responsibility. You're more or less ignored by management when you are given your duties, If you decide to work for G4S prepare for abuse.

Fun Workplace

G4S was a good company to work for. I worked at a cash handling centre on nightshift. Even though your locked in a secure room for 8 hours, the staff always made me feel welcome and where always friendly. The shifts always passed fast due to the amount of work processed every shift.

Flexible work

* Perform pre-event safety checks, manage evacuation procedures and monitor potential safety incidents to ensure the public are kept safe at major sporting and music events. * Ensure a high standard of customer care is provided to solve problems and answer any questions and queries. Flexible working hours are perfect for students, as it allows them to decide when and where they want to work

Pros

felxible

not dependable long-term

Great experience.

• Accurately counting the contents of containers received balancing cash against customer documentation. • Consolidating and balancing cash as appropriate throughout the process. • Accurately completing the necessary paperwork and entries into appropriate cash management systems. • Identifying discrepancies in cash received and escalating this to Senior Cashier. • Meeting and exceeding personal and team productivity targets.

Zero Work Life Balance

The job it’s self is straight forward, drive to different customer locations and deliver/collect cash whilst wearing body armour and helmet. Either on a 1 man trip doing CIT work or a 2 man crew replenishing ATMs. This would be a straight forward job if it wasn’t for incompetent management however. Drivers constantly over worked and vans overloaded with coin weight. Extra work being added to your already busy day and you’re just meant to accept it, as if you don’t have family or arrangements already made after your work. Once you’ve gotten round to accepting the farce of a day that lies ahead, you’re then presented with absolute heaps of a vans that constantly breakdown before you’ve even left the branch. The negatives are endless, but it all stems from the penny pinching from the top of the hierarchy where essentially it’s the drivers who are punished most. You’re just a number at the end of the day to management who just want to make sure their back is covered.

Pros

Good wage

G4S Cash Driver

Company it's self is okay, could be better with the way they run. delivery and collect Cash through out Central Belt. Vans are a nightmare always breakdown. Overall not the worst company out there and the wages are good compaired to other jobs.

Pros

Wages per Hour

Hours
Cultura laboral

Great fun enviroment to work in, many opportunities to work at exciting events.

What a class place to work. You pick your own shifts and have the chance to work at some excellent events. The opportunity is given to become a registered SIA security however just being a steward is fun enough. The work is enjoyable and fulfilling.

Pros

good pay, flexible

Cultura laboral

Fun place to start off your security experience

I was excited when I was working with g4s as it helped me succeed my goals in knowing how to be a security steward n experience a variety off skills. It was also good to experience different stadiums n different kind off skills to take on to a future job.

Fun and good experience

I learnt a lot of skills working for G4S as it was my first official job, working for them really boosted my confidence in talking to different people but also ask for help if I need it.

Zero hours contract

It's a good company to work for if you want a zero hours contract , you can pick and choose what hours suit you. There is quite a large turnover of staff. There are lots of opportunities to work full or part-time. Work the hours that suit you .

Pros

Zero hours contract

Contras

Most hours required are at night

Nice Experience

Lovely people very friendly and funny, make the day go by very quick, flexible work for safety stewards, well paid and enjoyable. Good for part time work on the side.

Great job as a student

Fantastic job. I got to meet some great people and had some brilliant experiences. I gained lots of exposure of working in a busy environment. The management were very helpful and friendly.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general