logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Shift Manager en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 164 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,407 evaluaciones

Its a fun place to work

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I am a quick learner and I easily adopt to new working environment and that is what makes me enjoy working here since its a fast working pace. Also, all officers do have a clean, neat professional appearance.
Cultura laboral

Never strive to be anything more than a post watcher

Pay is ok but if you’re a supervisor you will be working a lot of overtime. You get fired for just about anything. You can be called in at anytime and if you are supervisor you are almost expected to come in. Started as a regular guard and quickly became a shift supervisor but little did I know that a target had been painted on my back. People lied and made up stories and got me fired but jokes on them it lead to a job where I make way more money. So overall not a great environment work/life balance is poor. Pay isn’t good but neither are the skill sets required to be a typical security officer. YMMV.

Pros

Easy work

Contras

Bad culture, back stabbers, always getting called in.

Depends on your site

I’ve worked with G4S for two years and at 4 different sites. Your experience really depends on the site you are assigned to. I’ve worked sites where I was paid much lower than I agreed with but the job was easy and my manager was the best. I am now at a site that pays very well but I put up with more stress and difficult situations than I can handle. My advice to a prospective officer: go in with no expectations, communicate with your supervisor and give it a chance.

Pros

Fairly paid, daily pay, yearly vacation payout

Contras

No sick days, hard to get days off, mandatory overtime
Cultura laboral

Its security so you will work overtime and probably not paid enough

My job is not that bad. Where i work its fairly easy but management make the job so much harder. They lack management skills tremendously. Overall i would tell someone to apply to get foot in door of security

Pros

easy, pay good

management

Good experience

I enjoyed my time at G4S. I gained valuable experience in the security sector. I was able to learn from great leadership. I would recommend G4S to other job seekers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

G4S/UofL Hospital A Risky Choice

From a former LEO This Dangerous and A Big Risk at timesThe work is very demanding at times and you go unappreciated easily with pay that doesn't match the work you are assigned to do.From Intoxication Unit Patients,2 Psych Units ,Vagrant Issues,Combative Patients & Others, restraining patients,constant verbal abuse and physical stressWith no support or leadership from HR or supervisors,especially the client UofL Hospital. Im not sure if things have changed but it was possibly the most dangerous job I worked everThe training for the job is very bad,you cannot prepare for this type of work unless your prior LEO OR MILITARY.

Pros

Decent Pay

Morale, Dangerous Work, Ethics
Cultura laboral

Many great co-workers. That was it.

G4S was a Safety / Security Contractor for a particular Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) facility in Gray Court, SC. They made it clear you were NOT, in any way, a part of their family. Until they needed something extra from you. On their word alone, and without cause, they can have you removed from the property without saying one word as to why. And you can be sure that G4S won't speak a word in your defense.

Pros

Most of your coworker were a pleasure to work around.

Contras

No One at G4S will give you a straight answer about PTO/Vacation Time. Not even at the State HQ.

Unorganized

It started off alright, but the people in the office are morons. You literally will not have time for yourself. The management is also horrible. Thank god my project manager was decent.

Pros

The money is good

The management sucks
Cultura laboral

Great Place to be a supervisor

Would recommend. Great place to be a supervisor. Easy to get hired into supervisory positions that pay well. Honestly after getting my police certification I decided to stay with G4S because of the current state of the world, the positive atmosphere at G4S and the excellent compensation. Healthcare could be cheaper.

Pros

Pay

Contras

District Office can be frustrating to deal with
Cultura laboral

Management only values law enforcement and armed forces for advancement.

I knew a roving supervisor worked for these guys ten plus years and he lost his position and was replaced by someone flighty whimsical and incompetent based on last enforcement back ground qualifications being a new requirement, they wouldn't grandfather him in or anything. If you've been a prison guard or cop you can succeed but that doesn't even matter. They have a position in the office called account representatives or account managers. There are like six of these folks at a time and they get none of the credit and all of the blame when ever anything goes wrong. This place constantly hires and fires account managers, it's like the teacher of the dark arts position from the harry potter movies. I worked here from when it was wackenhut and this is a job for students and retired folks. For anyone else you are wasting your time to build a career. There is no recognition, no progressive training no that a boy or pats on the back. You are a second class citizen where ever you are placed. This erodes at your self worth. What ever company they plane you in, the employees know your a contractor and they know they are valued more than a contractor. You would do better working fast food. Security as a whole is the worst.

Pros

Work at night and you can usually do home work from college

Contras

This job can cause your life to pass you by

Fun

I think it was a really great place to work and I would recommend this company to anyone I would love to work here again. I left their for family issues!
Cultura laboral

Do it but a long way to get to Supervisor

Do it but a long way to get to Supervisor, management is Ok not great, Team Security member is fun to work with. just do your job and go home kinda environment you also have to learn to think outside the box
Cultura laboral

Started off good and got worse everyday after that

You will find out within the first week that you are just a body to put in a chair. They care for you about as much as trash, if you tell them that you want a promotion they make you jump through hoops and it doesn't matter how long you have been there you can be replaced in minutes. I have wasted many years working for this company and finally got the sense to get out with the getting is good. Especially since they cant keep guards here for longer then a week. The pay doesn't equal out to what you do and you also get praises only negative comments no matter how hard you work.

Pros

Making you wish you were unemployed

Horrible management
Cultura laboral

Management sucks and plus Site supervisor and shift supervisor are hungry for power

Just be careful of what site you go to. Site Supervisor would make up and do all in her power to get you out, honestly I don’t even know how I’ve been surviving in this place.
Cultura laboral

Thieves of joy towards those in the field

I have worked with G4S for upwards of 6 years. Over my 6 years, I have seen the area home office change out employees multiple times just to receive the same poor results. Recently, in a very secretive and sneaky way, they pulled our pay after saying that they wouldn't and back-peddled when questioned about it. Your supervisors should never be paid less than officers and that is a no-brainer, but apparently not for G4S.

very unorganized company

very poor management, unorganized company who never gives raises and when they do you literally get refused with a lame excuse would not recommend working here

professional atmosphere

G4S is an satisfactory work provider. uniforms were not provided in a reasonable time. employees inquiry and complaints are meet with minimal response and resolve.

Fun working environment

G4S leads a fun and friendly working environment. The workers are great and you will get top notch training. The work days are great and there is plenty of room for overtime.
Cultura laboral

G4s RSS is a great company to advance in.

G4s RSS is a great company to advance in. They will provide you with countless opportunities you will just have to be willing to take them. Your G4s staff will help you sooner or later improve your ability to be promoted.

Over all great place

Not bad need more advanced equipment. Also people should be held more accountable for their actions. Need better pay, but its a good company over all.

My manager sucked

My account manager made the workplace a toxic environment. He would target people he did not like or questioned him. He told internal guard affairs to the client. I was actually told by him i was too nice to be a supervisor. I would often do his work while he sat in his office. I would pull 16 to 20 hour shifts and was told I had to step up while he never covered open shifts.

Pros

Vacation time, competitive pay for security

Contras

A poor account manager who made a toxic workplace of intimidation and fear.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general