G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 4475 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.204 evaluaciones
Necesitan Mejorar sus Operaciones Con Empleados Vacaciones Sueldos Uniformes
Pros
Buena Industria
Empleados Necesitan mejores Beneficios
Cultura laboral
I spent 4 years with G4S and it was honestly one of the worst companies I ever worked for. Poor management, poor negotiation of client contracts, employees at small accounts are forgotten/neglected. I have a relative who also has been a loyal G4S employee for 20 years. She fell sick on the job and was in the hospital 2 weeks. Not so much as a fruit basket was sent. All she got was a phone call asking when she would be returning to work. I'm surprised the Memphi branch lasted as long as it did.
Pros
Employment
Pay, Benefits, Management, Morale, Structure
Cultura laboral
Like most of those companies that are in this industry, they promise all sorts of benefits. When you start they become more interested in how much of you time you can give. There is no career advancement structure in place to make you feel that you are an asset to the company.
Long hours indeed.
Cultura laboral
Depends on the customer where you're assigned. Working at HCA in Hopewell, Virginia was a great experience, but in Richmond it was terrible due to "favorites" and lack of management and supervision. Upper-level "leaders" (corporate) do not lead, they dictate. The HR department does not understand that employee advocacy is a function of HR. No room for advancement in most of the locations. On the plus side, if you work for a customer like hospitals, you're almost guaranteed job security. Pay is better than most private security companies as well.
Cultura laboral
Love it here. Prod. ,Professionalism, good bosses. Close to home posts. Good pay, decent hours. I love it here. Well the test at the end you get 2 chances if you dont pass them. Then they will tell you they cant go any further
Pros
Good pay. Good hours, sites for the pist you work are close to your home
Long interview process
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Your just a number. Will change your shift whilst your in bed resting for your next shift. Management are promoted because of there family. No career. Poor company
Management lies
Cultura laboral
Honestly, I don't think we can ever expect too much out of a security firm anyways so comparatively speaking, I'm probably being too harsh on them. They'll hire anyone which is good for inclusion but not so great for a dedicated employee who has to come in a fix everyone else's mess ups. Whether it be lack of dedication, only showing up for the paycheck, people who just blatantly don't care or respect any aspect of the position, or those who you teach 500+ times and they still never grasp it, fear not because you have a job with G4S AND you'll probably earn a higher status before the better candidate does! The company themselves doesn't care about its employees and the clients don't really either. Pay is okay at my location but I'd be making more at Walmart if I applied. Communication is a struggle between job sites and management. I guess overall, if you're just looking for a side hustle, this is a good option. Don't apply if you struggle with accepting underachievement though, it seems to be a trend with G4S's employees.
Contras
Low pay, high turnover, bad employees, bad/no benefits
Cultura laboral
If you have dignity for yourself, at least apply to a reputable organization in the San Diego area. Supervisors do not care about you, site supervisors have no backbones, account managers will see turnover rate as an accomplishment, SD's office is lazy and never gets back to you, at all. The level of micromanagement to justify having the supervisors at these sites is unfathomable. It's like an extension of high school; no real maturity, basic understanding of professionalism when it comes to dealing with other humans is non-existent, conflict management is perceived as how to further deteriorate relationships as quickly as possible. The tasks at these sites will leave you absolutely bored out of your mind, meanwhile being lambasted you're doing all things wrong.Bottomline: Waste of time, they want you to quit before they finish the mountains of paperwork they wish to build on you to expedite the process. You're on your own with SD sites.
Pros
Pay is ok
Contras
Unpaid lunches, micromanagement, toxic supervisors, no chance of advancement, turnover extreme
Cultura laboral
I worked for the company for almost two years and the only reason I left was because I moved to another state and couldn’t find any job opportunities with the company.
Cultura laboral
Excellent job site supervision and training. Hands-on training on fire supression systems. Quick updates on client expectations and communications. Site supervisor always patient and professional on reviewing any operational issues to ensure that all site officers fully understand our electronic tools function and operation.
Pros
Professional world class organization.
Insufficient healthcare benefits.
Cultura laboral
This is merely a job. Nothing more nothing less. The management might as well be one person that's diagnosed with alzheimer's because they are slow to respond and when they do they never seem to remember us talking to them about company things.
Cultura laboral
Supervisor is great. Employees judge co-workers before getting to know them. There’s always overtime. Some nurses are nice but others give you attitudes without knowing you. Some people take advantage. Some think they are above others because of experience. Not given fair chances by other co workers
Cultura laboral
Its easy to make lots of money working with G4S overtime is always available; Job security is guaranteed you would have to do something extremely stupid to get fired if removed from one site you are guaranteed to be places at another
Cultura laboral
Never transfer. If, unsatisfied or the post that they choose for you doesn't work and is not flexible it's your fault . You turned down your assignment.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of people mostly G4S is hospital related
Contras
no lunch. keep your HCA credentials up-to-date you won't be able to work
Cultura laboral
Very poor management. You'll get written up for missing 2 days with a reasonable reason.No holidays, no paid time off. Definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you want to o work forever and not get any gratitude.
Low pay
Cultura laboral
An enormous amount of responsibility at far lower than normal security hourly rates. The Walmart of the Security World. Sam Walton would be proud.
Cultura laboral
Don't bother working for them. They can remove you and won't tell you if you're fired. Even if they accuse you of making a tweet about poor working conditions. Even when they don't tell if the tweet violated anything secretive in company policy. You're literally expendables working for cheap pay. Lots of dirty things occurring behind the job.The whole management office is a joke. Favoritism is everywhere in this company. No loyalty, quality or professionalism. No wonder people are quitting left and right. No accountability, no management, no service.
Cultura laboral
I’ve enjoyed working with G4S sadly this was a temporary position. The Bank Captains were very helpful as wellI would have stayed longer if it was a permanent position.
Pros
Not at a desk, on your own through the day
Cultura laboral
Pay is good for the area but the job is a little mind numbing. During Covid last year I had too little time off because co workers were out on quarantine and no support from home office to cover shifts.
Pros
Good pay for this position
Long shifts
Cultura laboral
Worked here for 2 years. Was told they don't pick and choose from seniority. If you do good work and have the skills they'll promote you. That's a big lie. I change shifts often because they need coverage on other shifts. I work as much overtime as they ask me and I am one of the very few guards on my site that knows how to do everything. But I remain unappreciated, overworked, and used.
Cultura laboral
If you like coming to work and don't know if you're going to have a full staff then apply now. Terrible company to work for. They don't care about your life outside of the company