logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 4555 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Satisfactoria

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Necesitan Mejorar sus Operaciones Con Empleados Vacaciones Sueldos Uniformes

Pros

Buena Industria

Empleados Necesitan mejores Beneficios
Cultura laboral

Racist, lying and manipulative boss - do not work here

The supervisor is a small man with insecurity issues. He is a passive and unprofessional. He lies to get employees fired when confronted. You will be written up over nothing here. Do NOT WORK HERE. Upper management will get rid of employees instead of replacing supervisors. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Contras

Boss has little man syndrome, thinks he's a cop.

Wasn't A Bad Place

I worked at G4S for a few months. It was alright compared to other security companies I worked for in the past. I had a competent site supervisor and office manager, my coworkers were awesome and the client treated all of us as part of their team. The pay was alright for the job you do. Like any security company, though, the other benefits weren't there. If you were sick and couldn't come to work, you didn't get sick pay.

Pros

Coworkers, clients, steady hours

No real benefits

Security officer

Wouldn’t recommend. Very unprofessional, hard to stay positive when management are incompetent and negative 24/7. Pay is low but field employees are a delight.
Cultura laboral

Extremely horrible company to work for!

After 2 years of employment with G4S, I cannot wait to find alternate employment. I know that individual experiences can vary, depending on where you are stationed, but my experience has been absolutely horrible. Just this morning I was called a 'p***y' by my supervisor for refusing to work additional overtime this week. I cannot stress enough, to any and all job seekers, this is not the type of company for long term employment.

Contras

No breaks, poor healthcare options, low pay, ridiculous uniforms, unprofessional supervisors
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Worst company I have ever worked for

The whole system of the company was a waste of time and effort. The company left you high and dry to fail. When they are more worried about the company than it's employees then it's designed to fail

Contras

The whole system was a con
Cultura laboral

Very excited and fun workplace

It was good to know more about different types of security procedures having known during the induction week. We have had enough skills on how to attend to incidents as soon as possible with care and reliability.

Pros

Free drop offs and pick ups

Long house of work
Cultura laboral

This place is a good one to work at, the only thing keeping it from amazing is the pay, and we make a good bit more than surrounding companies but it still isn’t much for the things we do, however the culture and management at my site is great and I would definitely recommend it.

Security

typical security officer job low pay, busy schedule little to no organization with schedule. favoritism was rampant (manager gave preferred site to his favorite officer)

Pros

lots of hours

low pay
Cultura laboral

Good people to work with but bad management

I love the posts but they keep on changing the supervisor often. Some of the supervisors didn't know what they was doing. Healthcare insurance is no good.

Pros

Coworker and overtime

Healthcare insurance and management

Gaining experience

Good company, Britain based company, professional management, pre job training provided, salary on time,job security,after experience chances of promotion
Cultura laboral

Good work Place if you conform to them.

Has it's good points. Buts its inner office drama kills all of the good points. The account managers will not look out for their employees focusing only on the happiness of the client.

Lack of training

Not enough training. You really have to learn on the job here as you get one week of training for a place that really needs at least a month of training.

It was overall on a 1-10 scale a 10!☺

These Are Great People! So many different ethnicities and everybody has the same thing in common! We all want to protect people. Definitely one of the best jobs I've every had!!! Great pay.

Pros

You meet new people everyday. From all different backgrounds and lifestyles.

Non
Cultura laboral

Good job depending on job site

Low pay for constant stress, depending in the job site it can be good but avoid healthcare at all cost. I was placed at a psych hospital and was bot paid nearly enough. I have a great supervisor but other than that the management is terrible. They have a good d license class but training is mostly on the job learning. You get two days with a partner and then your on your own.

Boring

If you aren’t part of the management you get treated poorly. Always calling you in on your days off. Writing you up for petty things . I was sent home for flu like symptoms and when I came back they tried to write me up for not calling off on time...

Pros

Pay

Contras

The insurance is outrageous the job is boring. Scheduler is unprofessional
Cultura laboral

Horrible company don't work for G4S. Trust me you can do better.

G4S tells you what you want to hear to hire you and once you start they quickly switch to what works for them. I was hired to work 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday but all my shifts were 12 hours long and I was working 6 days a week. G4S paid me 2 weeks late on my first payday and they paid me late again on my second payday. No room for advancement, benefits are terrible, employees that wanted to take vacations had to request time off with no pay, this company is a joke. During training the instructor and other people that worked for the company joked about how horrible this company is, I wish I would have walked out on the first day of training because everything they said is true. People sick with Covid couldn't use PTO or sick leave all their time off was unpaid.

everything

A great place to work

Over all a great place to work. Good advancement for those that put in the effort. Managers expect you to work which shouldn't be surprising since its a job and there is nothing about a "Free Paycheck" when you sign on. A lot of my co-workers seem to think that is the case and do as little as possible, however managers and supervisors stay on top of it. I get annual performance reviews and the pay while it isn't great, isn't bad either.

It is what you make it

Security is renowned for sometimes being boring. However, as with any job, it is what you make it. There is always something to do if you look for it. On the whole the officers you will work with are great, as with all jobs some are way above their true role and let you know if you are not within their belief of what a S/O should be. Management make some head scratching decisions at times, but to be fair, if you do what you are paid to do, it only affects you if you allow it to. At the end of the day their instructions are what the clients require, so if you just do what is reasonably required, it isn't a bad job. Great 4 on 4 off shifts.

Pros

Free lunches. Uniform. Great teams. 4 on 4 off shifts.

Contras

Long hours. Not allowed off-site during lunch.

Great for a rookie

You can start here, but don't stay. There is no advancement. Management is unqualified to work anywhere else, so they pretty much retire from their posts

Pros

Fun co workers

Idiot management

A joke

The G4S staff / management where I worked was a joke .Unprofessional and incompetent spring to mind .G4S management had no idea what was going on and the staff where in cahoots with the management of the site rather than G4S.Wouldn't work for them again if they paid me a fortune .

Pros

Easy life / no management

Long hours / poor wages