logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 4502 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.287 evaluaciones

Satisfactoria

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Necesitan Mejorar sus Operaciones Con Empleados Vacaciones Sueldos Uniformes

Pros

Buena Industria

Empleados Necesitan mejores Beneficios

It was overall on a 1-10 scale a 10!☺

These Are Great People! So many different ethnicities and everybody has the same thing in common! We all want to protect people. Definitely one of the best jobs I've every had!!! Great pay.

Pros

You meet new people everyday. From all different backgrounds and lifestyles.

Non
Cultura laboral

Good job depending on job site

Low pay for constant stress, depending in the job site it can be good but avoid healthcare at all cost. I was placed at a psych hospital and was bot paid nearly enough. I have a great supervisor but other than that the management is terrible. They have a good d license class but training is mostly on the job learning. You get two days with a partner and then your on your own.

Boring

If you aren’t part of the management you get treated poorly. Always calling you in on your days off. Writing you up for petty things . I was sent home for flu like symptoms and when I came back they tried to write me up for not calling off on time...

Pros

Pay

Contras

The insurance is outrageous the job is boring. Scheduler is unprofessional
Cultura laboral

Horrible company don't work for G4S. Trust me you can do better.

G4S tells you what you want to hear to hire you and once you start they quickly switch to what works for them. I was hired to work 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday but all my shifts were 12 hours long and I was working 6 days a week. G4S paid me 2 weeks late on my first payday and they paid me late again on my second payday. No room for advancement, benefits are terrible, employees that wanted to take vacations had to request time off with no pay, this company is a joke. During training the instructor and other people that worked for the company joked about how horrible this company is, I wish I would have walked out on the first day of training because everything they said is true. People sick with Covid couldn't use PTO or sick leave all their time off was unpaid.

everything
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

A great place to work

Over all a great place to work. Good advancement for those that put in the effort. Managers expect you to work which shouldn't be surprising since its a job and there is nothing about a "Free Paycheck" when you sign on. A lot of my co-workers seem to think that is the case and do as little as possible, however managers and supervisors stay on top of it. I get annual performance reviews and the pay while it isn't great, isn't bad either.

Moral low

Overall not a great company seems to be from Supervisor needs a root and branch approach, leaving Guards b**ching at one another very low moral. Uniform or should I say lack of is a major issue

Pros

Local only consolation

Uniform/Supervisors/B**ching

It is what you make it

Security is renowned for sometimes being boring. However, as with any job, it is what you make it. There is always something to do if you look for it. On the whole the officers you will work with are great, as with all jobs some are way above their true role and let you know if you are not within their belief of what a S/O should be. Management make some head scratching decisions at times, but to be fair, if you do what you are paid to do, it only affects you if you allow it to. At the end of the day their instructions are what the clients require, so if you just do what is reasonably required, it isn't a bad job. Great 4 on 4 off shifts.

Pros

Free lunches. Uniform. Great teams. 4 on 4 off shifts.

Contras

Long hours. Not allowed off-site during lunch.

Great for a rookie

You can start here, but don't stay. There is no advancement. Management is unqualified to work anywhere else, so they pretty much retire from their posts

Pros

Fun co workers

Idiot management

A joke

The G4S staff / management where I worked was a joke .Unprofessional and incompetent spring to mind .G4S management had no idea what was going on and the staff where in cahoots with the management of the site rather than G4S.Wouldn't work for them again if they paid me a fortune .

Pros

Easy life / no management

Long hours / poor wages

Run

The Project managers and captains here are evil. They will throw you under the bus to cover their tale and make up things to suspend you. It’s a quick job to get if you’re in a bind but don’t stay long.

Great job. Great team. No sick pay

I worked with some great people who normally go above and beyond. Good culture. While you do your very best. Never go sick. Always turn up. Help with overtime and holiday cover and more. If you go sick. You don't get paid. One way street really.

Pros

Money OK. Shift pattern OK. People OK.

No sick pay. No awards.

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Management is awesome.I feel needed. They are willing to work with you on the shift hours. I have served at several different post. So, it never gets monotonous

Pros

Management are great people to work for.

Bad place

G4S do not take care of their employees at all when you need something there is no one to help you and there is no communication along coworkers and supervisor

Terrible management

If it wasn’t being clear with info on the job tasks, it was being completely ignorant to where I could use the restroom. No matter how much extra I did it felt like I was not taken care of by anyone above me. I worked with a dislocated pinky, that I got on the job, and I was treated like a burden even tho they wanted me to work. On top of all that I have listed, they took my site transfer with out letting me know I would be paid less at the new site, and expected me to work at this new site for the lower pay until they found a spot for me at a site that paid as much as I was making at another site. Most management talk down to or full on degrade their employees.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Mandatory overtime

Good company

Good company to work for. I work on the TD bank contract and the pay is good better then most security companies. You get benfits better then most other companies. The work is easy, the managers do not bother you. All you got to do is show up on time, do your work and you will have no issues. Ones you do that you will have no issues. If you have your security license, it is one of the best places to work(again speaking from working for them on thier TD bank contract)

Pros

Good pay, good benfits

None so far

Great Experience

Decent employer until you find a path of your own the hours are long and chill but also busy at times. There is plenty opportunities for overtime. 401K options!!!

Pros

Employment

Demanding Schedule

It's a stepping stone

While I am thankful for my time spent working with G4S, they have their issues like any other company. I do not believe that they value their employees or their contracts as they should. This is my only from my viewpoint. It allowed to to cover my basic bills for the time that was needed. If you love overtime, they have it.

Pros

Overtime

Contras

does not value the individual
Cultura laboral

Job satisfaction depends on attitude

Personally speaking, I enjoy working at G4S; however, I understand that some assignments have restrictions that may impact employee attitude. Due to staffing issues, it may sometimes be difficult to provide employees with scheduled breaks.

Pros

I have a great work assignment and work schedule

Contras

Benefits can always be better.
Cultura laboral

Don't stay true to their word.

Working conditions leave much to be desired. Guard shack a health issue, customer promises better conditions but finds a way to ignore them. We have no real authority, better description is red headed step child, everything is our fault.

Contras

Poor, working conditions, lack of support from upper management.
Cultura laboral

Productive And Safe Working Environment, As Well As Growing Opportunities Within The Company

Hands Down G4s Operates On A Military Strict Platform But Overall I Love It Because It Sets Structure.. They Are Truly The Best Security Company That I Have Worked For While Being Employed In The Security Field