G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 4475 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.204 evaluaciones
Necesitan Mejorar sus Operaciones Con Empleados Vacaciones Sueldos Uniformes
Pros
Buena Industria
Empleados Necesitan mejores Beneficios
Cultura laboral
I love working at the airport for G4S. Great people and a lot of fun. I advise anyone to work for this professional company. Can be early hours but everyone is in a good mood. The job is very satisfying. Great team atmosphere. Very high quality training inhouse and at the main training airport depending on your region.
Pros
Good wages and a fun job.
Early hours.
Cultura laboral
It’s great experience to work with g4s. Always pay on time. No complains at all. Staff is very friendly. Management is good as well. It is highly recommended.
Cultura laboral
just horrible. the supervisors to the managers all the way up to corporate! nobody knew what they were doing! they all were very unorganized and nobody ever showed up to work because they quite never approve time off. tried to get you to do something you weren't trained to do and threatened to fire you you didn't do it.
NO BREAKS. no lunch.
Cultura laboral
Pretty good security company, great flexibility such as if you need a day off for something. Pay is above average so thats great! Really dont have any major complaints.
Pros
Flexibility for emergencies, pay, staff.
Contras
Medical benifits are really expensive and good or cheap but really bad.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Worked for g4s for a while. Only positive is my site has been contracted for many years and there is always overtime. Raises are very scarce. Hoping with the merger with Allied Universal raises coke easier. G4s never seemed to fight for us.
Cultura laboral
Work is quite boring depending on your site. There is a major shortage of employees, so expect a lot of expected overtime. Management in Okay, but they have a had time getting new employees.
Cultura laboral
Poor management at the Greensboro branch, they expected me to do 12-16hrs shifts 6 days a week. The branch im Charlotte is much better. The management needs to be redone.
Pros
Good Pay
Poor Management
Cultura laboral
Started 2+ years and always getting enough hours, schedule staff are very cooperative and understands your availability. Managers are their when u need them. I am just comfortable working different sites as not boring and stuck on one place. Money is not great but stress level is low too. Be honest with your work & availability level open for any shift will keep your job safe.
Pay
Cultura laboral
The other guards are backstabbing liars and snakes. Would sell out their grandmothers !! No loyalty or comradery!! Management is weak amd worthless. May as well be run by a child . Coworkers all act like teenagers in high school . Highly disappointed!!!!
Pros
Overtime
Everything else
Cultura laboral
Acceptable pay, overtime was available, the people are very nice for the most part. A f ew bad apples did not spoil the bunch, so to speak. It is a good work/life balance as G4S. Uncertainty looms as new company taking over G4S. We want to be sure that we have not been provided misinformation, which may result in decrease in pay and benefits. With Covid, this is not a good time for uncertainty. I am thankful for the good that has come from working for this employer. The staffing coordinators are awesome and do all they can to help when asked. Management is better than most places.
Pros
Good staffing coordinators. Promotions available to most people.
Contras
Not the best healthcare pricing options.
Cultura laboral
Always getting called in on your days off because someone didn’t show. If your relief doesn’t show up, you can’t go home. Manager is constantly tinkering with the schedule, sometimes changing your shift on your day off, then not letting you know that your next at-work shift has changed. No advancement opportunities. High turnover because of low pay, low morale, and ever-increasing work responsibilities. You have to sign away your rights to breaks and lunches in order to get hired, because providing you with breaks would “create a hardship” for the company. So you work 8-12 (sometimes 16) hours with no breaks. You get vacation time, but you can never use it because your site is always under-staffed.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want the extra money
Contras
No breaks, expensive healthcare, low pay, no opportunity for advancement
Cultura laboral
Wasn't really the job I applied for was sent to lock and unlock different sites with someone, you were then on call waiting for alarms to go off you would be sent on your own in the middle of the night which I think is wrong should be going in pairs. Your given a car its tracked an you have a camera watching you at all times. Management were really friendly just wasn't the job for me.
Pros
Bit of down time of a night
Contras
Long hours can get boring when the is no job to go to
Cultura laboral
Doing the same old thingsI have learned a lot, to be precise I learned to love and care for peoplewonderful management .Be smart always.working with who don't understandWe look after each other as brothers, I would forget that.
Pros
we buy take away or make provisions
an hour
Cultura laboral
I was on the dundalk site. I had a family emergency and had to take off 2 days. I was meant to be in Wednesday and Friday with a day off in the middle. Got a call from management saying I took 3 days off without notifying them (which is the first thing I done.) lucky my old company had no issues with me coming back. Only this is I regret leaving the company I'm with now. And I'm still owed my holiday hours and a weeks wages that I worked for and never got after repetitive emails to try get it
Pros
The lads I worked with where really fun great guys (except Trevor), Lunch provided on site in canteen really cheap
Contras
Long hours, bad management, working out in all weather, not enough equipment (eg. Radio's, torches, hi vi's, etc.)
Cultura laboral
over all good experience, learned a lot about running a facility. working with good people helps you improve your character and knowledge. you also see the bad side low pay and no advancements, playing favorites. how corrupts it is.
Cultura laboral
There isn’t room for advancement really. You are stuck working long hours and days off if people call in and you can’t be replaced. High turn over rate.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Contras
Too many consecutive days working back to back. 2+ months is 12-16hr days 7 days a week.
Cultura laboral
I cannot speak for other posts, but at mine, management is not great. The post is ok, no real drama for me, but others have had a rough time. Just be here on time and do your job and you’ll be ok.
Pros
Free food
Stressful
Cultura laboral
If you are on the right site it's not bad but if you are going from site to site they will send you everywhere in the Greater Manchester area and sometimes out of Greater Manchester at the last minute and don't believe them when they say you will be based in one area because they don't stick to that and you could be told to get to a site at the last minute which could be on hours drive away or even longer g4s don't care about the guards as far as they are concerned you are just another guard on site and that is all they care about
Pros
If you are on the right site and working for the right manager then you will be fine
Contras
Can be long hours and tieing
Cultura laboral
Pays bills nothing more. Security is Security. You just come to work get a paycheck and stay out of the way. Typical day is you do your job and stay away from the clients. G4S does want you to be friendly but they also want you to keep a distance from non G4S employees unless you get involved in management and have no recourse. Overall G4S is not bad.
Pros
Security
Security
Cultura laboral
Nice place to work if you have a good supervisor who works with you. HR is really nice but tend to forget things from time to time so you have to remind them pretty often as they do have a lot of people to remember things about.
Pros
Easy job and pays the bills until you get on somewhere better
Healthcare