logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Guard en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 1435 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

basically taking care of workers in the buildings

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
taking care of workers in the buildings , scanning safety machines making sure no weapons or other hazardous materials enter the buildings and make daily rounds on each floor checking alarms etc.

Big Company but be careful

I was working for a site manager for over five months and when covid hit I suddenly just got furloughed but thats understandable, but when i went back to work for them part time in August cause i had school and I teach on the weekends. They kicked me off my position because someone else was full time and a better schedule then mine, and so I got the boot and have to look for a different location.

Pros

Good Pay and the company will do their best to help

Contras

Everything is contracted, They can do whatever they want to you and can/will shove you into dangerous sites

interesting and not monotonous

Meet and interact with multiple personality types. Every day is different. Management varies also in personality as in some are very nice and easy to communicate with. Others not so much. Constantly learning new things as job sites vary in what is required of you. Hardest part of job can be at times when dealing with multiple angry drunk people. Most enjoyable is it is a form of work where you are not micro managed and you are a person of value.

Pros

every day is different

Contras

Get little notice for next location

I hate my job...

I was lied too when my contract was transferred. I was told I would be keeping my schedule and location... lost everything! Have to start over again. I’ve been at my post for several years with two other companies; with no problems.No 40 hours or OT for the first year. Massive pay loss during ‘holidays season’; makes it impossible to survive.The ‘uniforms’ are not respected by the public. No self protection if I get jumped. There is no COVID policy in place. No PPE. No social distancing; you have to take care of yourself and hope you don’t get in trouble. If you tell them your afraid, your ignored. I have benefits I can’t afford to use. I feel like I’m just another dollar to the company. They don’t care about the employees only their business. I have worked for other companies, that have Some compassion. One of my worst choices....

Pros

A job

Bad management

Stopped workig with g4s about 5 months now, the job was okay my problem was with the management team .i worked at a site in eexdale good job but the supiversor on tge morning shift had no people skills. She was very rude to the employees and if you vomplain nothing gets done which often leads to prople leaving the job.

bad management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Great with helping you learn your place

Though they were helpful moving me around to the best spots for me the transfer up to West Virginia they didn’t know what they were doing most of the time they are kind and helpful and saw my potential and moved me up fairly fast

Hours

The scheduling needs to be fixed I’m over worked and don’t get paid enough to not have a life. I have things to do outside of work that I can’t because I’m to exhausted to do anything after work.

Pros

Steady pay

Hours

Its not worth it

Worked as condominium security guard. No proper training given. No sick days allowed, the supervisors will threaten to get you fired if you ask for one even if you are in the hospital. Minimum wage paid at all sites. Company has no culture, don't know how they are still in business.

The Worst Company ever

I am a highly qualified candidate who applied for several G4S positions. I got a call back shortly and they sent me coditional job offers and told me I would start training the following week. The following week came and I had no phone call or emails telling me where to go. Everyone I called rang and went to voicemail. I had tried calling 6 different numbers from different phones. All voicemail. I finally got into contact with their human resources department and they told me that my application was flagged and they weren't able to hire me. Confused, I asked if I could have the reason. They sent me the background report. Needless to say, everything the background check company said was wrong. I had sent them government documents show my military records (I am currently serving in the reserves and showed them this), had responded to every one of their emails almost immediately, and picked up everyone of their calls. They had wrote down that I had left the army, I didn't give them information, and they couldn't reach my references. I reached out to my references and they told me that the background company borderline harassed them, calling and leaving voicemails everyday, and when my references called them back, they didn't pick up. Not only was almost everyone I spoke to at G4S rude on the phone (when they picked up, which was never), their background company (Sterling) accused me of stolen valor, a felony. They said I had lied about being in the service to get the job. Even though I provided the necessary documents showing I was still in the military and everything on my application -

Contras

Rude on the phone, Never pick up the phone, Accused me of stolen valor, Don't call back to tell you theres a problem

Great pay and good 9 to 5 40 hour week with weekends off

Overall great company with good benefits and pay. Was making 18 an hour 40 hours a week just weeks after getting my guard card and for an unarmed position thats pretty good. The only reason I left was because I needed part time hours and only full time was available

Pros

Pay

Not flexinle

boring

They put you in places that are easy and mindless, boring. they move you around a lot and never know what they want you to do from day to day. once you learn a job then that's it! no new tasks or challenges. Nothing to keep you excited and learning. The job is super easy and in no way presents any challenges to better your skills or teach you anything new.

Pros

nice people to work with half the time

Contras

bad hours, boring post, not knowing what your doing day to day

salary bad

they need to respect the employees who work with them and also they need stop Stop racism and treat all employees equal Some of them monopolize the positions of his nationality

Best Company

Best management at Hamilton office.It is the most professional company to work for. I learned new techniques and solutions to handle situations on professional front in dealing with different customers. The management is very professional and helpful towards their employees and help them to resolve all issues.

Would Never Recommend to Work With G4S

The job was good at the beginning, management is not great and not understanding of situations that are out of the employees control. Everyone who isn’t a part of management was great to work with.

Low pay

Low salary

It’s a good environment but the salary is not enough for the food allowance and support at home, secondly the accommodation facilities and it showed some sectarianism when it come to duty distribution

Everything is fine

Working with G4s is very reliable. No stress and also not very hard work. Everyone gets flexible hours to work. Nice supervisors on site. Respectful to each other

Pros

More sites and more hours

Not all sites are safe

Production and good place

Work was goodI get more information and experienceManagement was well done and organizedEverything was doneRespond to assembly every ThursdayPatrolling was the best to me

Pros

Transport, free lunch
Cultura laboral

Two years with a worthless company

First I just want to say that out of all my bad jobs I have never felt the need to write a review or go out of my way to warn people expect now. And for whoever reads this well just sure you don’t stay too long. I work with G4S located in the New England area of the U.S. I’ve heard this company is alright in other locations but I must have got the short end of the straw. I’m almost positive the crew here must have filled out some application behind a cereal box because they’re all useless. Two years and at first it was alright, we got a little bit of a pay increase on my site and then it started with the short paychecks week after week after week something was always wrong. Their HR department is complete trash. They don’t solve anything. And now in my time here apparently I’m classified as “under utilize“ which is hilarious considering I’m the only one who works both weekends and picked up 32 hours of OT back when we only had 5 people. That’s another thing at one point there were only 5 guards for my entire site. I work at a psych hospital in which every shift has 3 guards. There’s 3 shifts a day with 3 guards so in total you need at least 10 guards to fill all the shifts but instead they put us all in doubles and on 12 hour shifts which is fine whatever I like OT but the fact that they blamed us for all the OT and they wanted us to do the recruiting. I’m sorry but since when do we have to do managements job who can’t even pay us on time for months on end. Finally after a while they hired new guards, one of which has his kids every other weekend night and they flat out lied -

Pros

At least your co workers aren’t as useless as the management

Literally everything
Cultura laboral

About to be a former employee

Management does not care about you. Training is a joke. In my training class a guy was literally falling a sleep in the class and the trainer didn't care she just kept reading the Powerpoint. I asked for new a uniform over a week ago and I never heard anything back, but" we'll see what we can do". I was also given a used uniform. How do I know it was used? I found a CPR card in the pocket of the uniform. That is disgusting! Thank god. I only wore it twice before I noticed.

Pros

Short hours

Contras

Management just wants bodies with a pulse

Good schedule

I love working for G4s there very understanding there sites are easy To work at , coworkers are supportive friendly. The schedule is very reliable as well as the pay

Pros

Reliable schedule

Short breaks

Good Job

I am working as a Security Guard in G4S last more than 7 years at Kolkata with various Assignments(IT sector, Residence, Bank etc.). This Company gives me many more facilities.

Pros

Bright Future Prospects & Many more facilities

Contras

Due to low Salary so monthly income & savings is very limited
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general