logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Guard en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 1,435 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,407 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

basically taking care of workers in the buildings

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
taking care of workers in the buildings , scanning safety machines making sure no weapons or other hazardous materials enter the buildings and make daily rounds on each floor checking alarms etc.
Cultura laboral

To many chiefs not enough indians

while the company is good to work for, your workplace sets the mood of how the job will be. As with any job your shift team dynamic varies as per the personalities of your coworkers but you get what you put into it. Have a bad attitude and you will find the workplace a bad place, have a good attitude and things will work smoothly.

Pros

can talk directly with management

Contras

management often slow to act
Cultura laboral

G4S is a Productive and helpful security company in Canada and Ontario.

The G4S is a famous and well- organized security company in Canada and security guards have more opportunities to work with this famous conpany in Canada.

Pros

They give enough time to have lunch and dinner at work.

Contras

The hours are fair and based on employee satisfaction

Enjoyed working for them

Manager treated me wonderfully. They are at great getting you information by way of text. Genuinely care about workers during Covid 19. Uniforms provided were all brand new and multiple sets. Worked with you to get time off, deal with family issues that come up. Only good things to say. Online pay system easy to use. Direct deposit. Can change W4 online. Easy to move to other jobs if you want.

Pros

Great manager. Treated me with respect

Overall not bad

Good job but pay was all over the place. You got paid on your location. One post i was making 17 and hr another 11 and hr. It was a chill job for the most part.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

I would rate no.1 company in my region Hamilton

I attained a lot of security experience as worked under this company. I got offered to work at different sites and management is so nice. They provided me specific training for each site and on time proper documentation. I love to work for this company.

Pros

Good Management, Well paid, Work- Life balance.

Managers are horrible.

They will change your schedule in the middle of the shift.The pay is not with industry competitors. You only get 1 uniform. You might not get a break during a 10 hour shift. If you are looking for a starter security job don’t look here. They provide no training.

Welcoming environment and Secure

I enjoyed my service offered at G4S SECURITY. I gathered must of my experience there. And there gives me the best of a quality SECURITY GUARD/CCTV OPERATOR Which am today

Pros

Free launch

Horrible place to work

I worked at the Monaca site in PA and management was very poor. There is zero communication between shift supervisors and trging to get information is like pulling teeth from them. I got approved for my PTO via scheduling manager via word of mouth a month before the week I had asked for and than when the schedule came out for that week I was on the schedule and was told that HR is currently not allowing any vacation that causes OT and than the following weeks schedule came out of and there was at least 3 or 4 personal who where approved to be off the full week. We find out new policies after the fact we have already broken them following old ones we were informed about. This is the only site I worked for them but it seems like they hire warm bodies to fill spots even if they are qualified or not. I had asked about moving to a position they needed filled and I was qualified for and was moved to somewhere else and others where hired that didn't meet the Sites Qualifications that the customer wanted. The supervisors clearly play favorites and are hard on some gaurds and go easy on others. The turn over rate is so high for this specific site that there is people pulling 12 hour shifts 4 plus days a week than others who are okay to work 1 or 2 days for a full time or if they are put on the schedule they will call off every day for a month and still be put on the schedule for those hours. If you goto HR for anything without telling the supervisor you have a chance of getting wrote up. Its long days with no ability to take breaks of if you're lucky enough to get one you have to wait -

Pros

Its a job

Supervisors arent qualified
Cultura laboral

Managment vary helpfull and professionally run company

If you have the time they have the hours to work. Best to do your time with the company and try to get a full time position or you will not be at a regular sight all the time.

Pros

Decent Medical Benefits

Alote of long hrs.
Cultura laboral

What a nice work place I have been worked with

Working with G4S security was a great achievement of my life as security Guard I learned many types of working experiences to handle the security issues and protecting the people and their regarding things

Pros

High standard accommodation with no food

Contras

Short breaks and health care provider
Cultura laboral

Decent Job good pay for doing easy work

Decent company, pay was good for the job I did. Hours were not bad 7-5 Monday through Friday. Biggest issue was asking Management for time off. They did not like you asking and got nasty. Another issue was asking them to fix something which was like pulling teeth. Overall decent job that was easy and got paid decent.

Pros

Pay and hours

Contras

Management did not like giving time off
Cultura laboral

Not a good place to work at

Not a good place to work at, the schedulers are rude they think that they are better than the security guards.........................................

Great Company

Been at G4S for a year and I have nothing bad to say. Management is great! It's always good to work for a big company. Pay is 15.50 but depends on the site your working.

Pros

Split shift gives me time to do virtual learning with the kids and I have weekends off

Contras

Early morning start monday to friday

Don’t work for them

Working there is waste of time. Not many hours. Scheduler have their favourite. They just pay you minimum. No job security. Senior staff have attitude problem, they think they own the site.

Pros

Non

Less hours
Cultura laboral

Productive environment to focus and complete task.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at G4S is averagePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at G4S are 16 an hourJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at G4S, I think it’s very secure.ManagementIn general, managers at G4S are professional.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at G4S is an easy going experience.OverallMy experience working at G4S was a stable and consistent experience.

Worst Security company I have ever worked for

The HR person is completely unqualified for the position. So, during the hiring process there is a number of issues and always loss of paperwork. Management isn't any better whatsoever. The Supervisors are under paid and unfortunately they do their best with what they have. Big turnover of employees in the year I have been here. At best this should be a temporary job until you find a better one. I will never ever apply for this company again. I gave it a try and waited a year before moving on.

Pros

Good Supervisors

Everything else

Security

ManagementManagement is a NEGATIVE 5OverallThe only thing this company is good for is a paycheck. 100% would not recommend if you’re interested in career climbing. All management and supervisors turn the left eye when something unethical is happening in a work place. There is absolutely no communication so prepare to know what you are doing. And don’t worry about getting fired, I’ve seen it all and no officer gets fired.
Cultura laboral

Worst Security company to work for

When in the interview they made promises that were all lies. I explained I lived in the south area of Sacramento and they explained they had a post in that area for me, they explained the pay would be good, great benefits and more.. after getting the position for the job I didn’t hear from them in weeks.. after getting a call they tried to place me Eldorado Hills when I explained that’s to far and they explained to me they’ll put me somewhere near they claimed that was a lie and I didn’t hear from them for a couple more weeks til I gotten this post at a hotel. I worked 3 days a week only 12 hrs.. I would request for more hrs and they would never respond! I called off a couple times due to me working outside for 12 hrs and catching a cold during the winter time.. the captain threatened to report me to HR.. smh poor company, poor communication just horrible. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone

Pros

No pros

Poor communication
Cultura laboral

Productive and no fun but critical

When I was on the training they promised alot but non of their promise where true rather than scam,even others of my colleagues complain the same thing so it was not favourable to me but they are trying their own way.it may not favour but favour others so that's it

Find another company!

The Windsor branch is one of the most toxic places I have ever worked. Management ignores complaints. Often will threaten you. Pay is garbage. Benefits are poor and the company does not offer pension plans. Office management is wildly unprofessional and non responsive. Staff are not supported and get constant promises of new safety equipment that never comes. Worst job I’ve ever had, hands down! Unfortunately due to covid, not much else out there. The second I get offered a job that pays 10 cents an hour or more, I’ll quit without giving notice

Pros

Coworkers are generally a good bunch

Contras

Office management is horrendous. Benefits suck, no pension, pay is bare minimum
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general