G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 792 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team
Pros
Decent Pay Rate
Contras
Healthcare, dental care
Cultura laboral
This place offers a wide variety of locations and pay. The Company is very professional and tries their best to go out of their way for employees. G4S is all about career advancement and they have given me the opportunity to advance my career in so many ways.
Cultura laboral
Working for g4s is the most tedious job I’ve ever had, they mentally and physically drain you. I have been on post now for months doing 40-85 hours a week and the scheduling team plays favorites. Management doesn’t listen or care about you, you are a little fish in a large body of water. You’re expendable, unimportant, and will work your life away for minimal pay. Benefits are terrible there’s nothing like what they promise you to start
Cultura laboral
My experience wasn't bad. I always could depend on this company for a great paying salary. I had military and criminal justice degree so that's what helped. The post were good and didn't have a problem getting time off.
Cultura laboral
work is good if you don't mind you hands tied with red tape. There is no planning or communication with any of the powers at be. Your supervisors are getting the run around from the site manager who is getting the run around from the client.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
The leadership and management shows no encouragement to the employees. The Director comes around and intimate the employees, instead of every once in a while, giving them positive encouragement.
Cultura laboral
poor management we went through five contract managers in 6 years and for area managers in 6 years. Would have you work post even though you were not an armed Commission and didn't have your commission card
Contras
No advancement and poor management.
Cultura laboral
When you start there generally it takes quite a bit of work on your part to get any paperwork done. The day to day work life is very repetitive, or consistent, however you see it. Supervisors are very willing to work with your schedule especially if you're in the military reserves or guard but at the same time give nearly no opportunities to change shift positions. The opportunity to progress to a supervisor position is very hard to come by, mostly due to only needing a few per shift at the various sites. The benefits are not ideal for single people or families. All of my coworkers were great for the most part. Management is very helpful in terms of any questions you have or extra training you might need. Generally G4S as well as other security jobs do not pay very well but in the Madison area you get compensated quite well due to the nature of the contract, especially considering your day to day work is not very demanding. Overall this is a great company to work for if you want to get a foot in the door into the security industry. If you're looking for part time work it's also great because a lot of times many shifts open up so you can get more hours if you'd like.
Cultura laboral
Advancement depends on being a part of a click. No consideration for personal needs when scheduled. You'll be utilized per needs of the company. I didn't receive a raise after a year and a half with the company. Seniority doesn't really apply. Brown nosing skills do. I'm a veteran with a degree who's been overlooked 15 times for supervisor positions. Do not make this a long term plan.
Cultura laboral
In every location I have worked, the Supervisor and above always advise on what you could do, and where you could go to succeed in your personal as well as work endeavors.
Cultura laboral
It is the worst poor excuse of a security company ever. No respect for their employees. Cheap pay, little benefits, and used, dirty uniforms. Bottom of the barrel. They are bottom feeders.
Cultura laboral
I learn alot going to work at different sites within the company. Advancement is a bit slow but I also feel that management needs to listen to their employees in order to keep them from leaving.
Cultura laboral
Overall good team atmosphere. Given what I need to do my job. Supervision is reasonable and fair. No complaints regarding the way I've been treated in the time I've worked here.
Cultura laboral
The job itself is very straight forward with G4S, you're hired to be a security guard. You'll be overwatching something at some point. However the biggest issue with the company is that understaffing isn't dealt with properly. If you like a lot of overtime frequently; you will get it by choice or not. It is a great place to learn the basics of security and how to manage groups of people, as well as being taught people managing skills. You will be taught how to do the job fairly well depending on who you work under as they are a contractor company but like many places you'll be thrown to the wolves and learn the hard way with some things (not necessarily bad!). Issues you will run into are customer complaints about rules that are being enforced properly (meaning the guards are doing their jobs and that makes some people unhappy to "deal with security") or the opposite being that guards aren't doing their jobs and ignoring the rules thus not doing the job they are put there for. Biggest issue i've seen is that when you have a full staffing things run fairly smoothly, only minor kinks that security is actually there to resolve. But in this field it is rare to have a full staffing and when that occurs, many people have to put in extra hours at a minutes notice so don't make plans that day if you're working. Occasionally I or others have come off of a 12-14-16 hour shift and been back at work 8 hours later because no one else can or wants to cover or you are just that short on bodies. Be it managerial or corporate level, someone does not care enough to ensure that everyone gets - más...
Cultura laboral
You get to work with great people, although some people that work in certain departments can improve. The pay is good and the benefits are good as well.
Cultura laboral
Your work experience will be baced upon which office you work from. The Sarasota office is disorganized and lacking good management. Other than the couple of weeks of training required by the State of Florida, you will be given no more training required. They give you the bare minimum to complete your job. You'll be lucky if you get two pairs of pants and one shirt. You will have to beg for uniforms.
Cultura laboral
Looked after its employees enjoyed working for them. Faced passed and professional company who 8 would not hesitate recommending to work for if anyon3 asked.
Cultura laboral
The company is terrible but not to be confused with the site you may work for. My site supervisors and project manager are great but our home office is terrible. They mismanage everything, are completely disorganized, and they lose officer’s credentials and paperwork. They also barely ever respond to our sites’ requests. Multiple officers have hd to redo all training because the office is that bad.
Cultura laboral
Your experiences with this company will differ from site to site, but this was my experience. The largest issue with the site I worked at was communication. There was zero. When I was moved to a different location, I was not explained new pay rates (A loss of $2/hr in pay) nor was provided a new contract. When I talked to HR about the issue, I was told that they weren't even aware I had been moved and asked if I was offered new paperwork to fill out, which I explained "No". I was also told that there would be a set schedule but when I showed up I was told by the supervisor that there wasn't. This was important to me for scheduling appointments through the VA. On site there were many posts without post orders, cutting corners and a lot of apathy. Supervisors seem stagnant in their ability to adapt to new posts. A lot of upward mobility seems centered around who they feel is the best fit for positions and not always the most qualified.
Cultura laboral
Great place to work. Been here years. Plenty of over time. Flexible work hours. Fun place to work.
Cultura laboral
G4S was a very good company to work for especially for gaining experience. The company is a very outgoing company and there are a lot of opportunities.
  1. Custom Protection Officer