G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 793 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.287 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team
Pros
Decent Pay Rate
Healthcare, dental care
Cultura laboral
There are no opportunities for advancement. And a lot will depend on your post. I worked the Publix post and here are the pros: -Plenty of overtime available. -Bike/Outdoors uniform is pretty cool and comfortable. -You get to meet and socialize with plenty of people.Cons-No advancement opportunities. You can’t make a career out of this. -Standard regular uniform and cowboy hat are goofy and silly- looking. -Standard company- issued firearm is .38 Revolver, which is very outdated. -No brainwork involved. A lot of 'doing- nothing'. I felt like a loser. -No authority to do anything. I felt very useless. -You get in trouble easily for simply doing things out of good faith. -Management shows no appreciation. -Management always sides with client even when client is wrong.
Cultura laboral
I've worked for G4S for about two years and I think I'm going to work here for 20 more. The Operation Manager and other staff are professional and courteous. My schedule is flexible according to my needs, which is outstanding. They've earned my loyalty. Any bad reviews about this company is from bad and disgruntled employees. I highly recommend G4S if you're looking for full or part-time employment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work location, and hours
Contras
Some work locations require standing for long periods 😂
Cultura laboral
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at G4S is excellentPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at G4S are excellentJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at G4S, I think excellentManagementIn general, managers at G4S excellentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at G4S is excellentOverallMy experience working at G4S excellent
Cultura laboral
This us the worst job I've ever had in my life. Warning don't work here! So many cons not enough pros. The management is inconsistent and lies. No professionals
Pros
I have a job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
I've worked with the company for 1.5 years and have dealt with 4 different home offices for different assignments. The running theme is poorly trained office staff due to high turnover, which ends up translating to lack of support for officers. Office staff play hot potato with responsibility because so few know what's going on. The only upside is plenty of OT, which is merely a symptom of it being a poorly run company.
Pros
OT always available
Contras
No benefits, meager wage, have to deal with incompetent office staff
Cultura laboral
like watching paint peeling. Just sit or stand for hours with almost nothing to do, especially the places were you just stand there and enforce masks. They hire anyone with a pulse that can get a guard card. Cause you know what this is a job to no where. If you love doing nothing all day this is for you. If you work down town pay your own parking yeah you get to work your first hour for free so you can pay for parking. Get a break..... no way. Wear your depends. Eat at your chair no real lunch breaks. They just need warm bodies to fill a post. Got college..who cares, watch the paint peel. What a joke, get a real job, this is a joke not a job. For this you went to college.
Pros
you get to do nothing all day
you get to do nothing all day
Cultura laboral
As for the interaction between site supervisors and guards, Its OK. They usually work a shift same as you do. As for upper management in office, oh heck no. They care little for the guard that has to put up with clients the are borderline or outright racist. The will do everything the can to appease the client at the expense of experienced and will guards. They will lie to your face and expect you to smile and nod. When it comes to advancement in the company, if you haven't scratched the back of nearly the entire office staff you can kiss any decent site goodbye. As for pay and requirements per site, you are expected to make the client happy, even if it means doing tasks that are outside the scope and function as security and SOP of the site. You are expected do these tasks as "Best assisting the overall contribution to the client workplace."
Pros
Decent pay, lower management is ok, most sites simple enough
Contras
Almost nonexistent advancement in company, stagnant pay despite industry advancement, favortism in upper management
Cultura laboral
Lack of management and benefits. Good for entry level security. Lack of leadership. Would not recommend unless you desperately need a job or something to come by
Pros
Pay
Contras
Benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Cultura laboral
I am appreciative of my work environment and the level of shift flexibility. Paid vacation is a form of motivation. Matching or partial contribution of 401K benefits by the company should be implemented also similar concept for Health Insurance. This will boost staff morale and the desire for job stability.
Pros
Paid vacations
Healthcare, 401K
Cultura laboral
Training pay is minimum wage. Ask about training pay & when you get that and how often you get that instead of your correct hourly pay. VERY SHADY company. Always understaffed. If your an armed officer and you have to stay to fill an unarmed post they drop your pay to the unarmed rate, even tho you are still working armed. The company does not give you holiday pay, they charge the client for it, but keep the money for themselves. If you work multiple sites, they cheat you out of overtime pay because it is "multiple sites".
Cultura laboral
The hiring process was a month long, training was valuable, staff at the office were very nice and informative. My assigned location is great to work in, my coworkers are great, the captain is friendly and helpful. I have heard stories about other locations not being great due to supervisors and such, but I do not have this problem.
Pros
Friendly staff, good hours
Contras
Depends on the location you’re assigned
Cultura laboral
G4S employees will have different workplace experiences based on which site they work(ed) at, as will pay, hours, work schedule, and customer relationships as well. Some sites require long hours meanwhile others are typical 8-hour shifts.First of all, the management is atrocious. You're just a number they can write off in their books. The main office where regional managers are located is disorganized and lack communication skills with employees in the field. Numerous times I have tried to reach out to regional management with no success. I've left voicemails and messages with the front desk and still get put off. Security Management on site rather depends who exactly is in charge, but you'll more than likely be met with action of just being another number. Hardly even a good morning or a wave from management in passing. These folks also have discretion upon holiday and performance/incentive bonuses too and if you have a poor manager you'll never see the money. Supervisors are excellent, (from my experience) they are the ones who have spent the most time in your shoes, they're incredibly relatable, super laid back and just fun to laugh and joke with for the most part as long as you can still maintain that distinction between work and "play." I cannot speak on account of workplace benefits, for I opted out of mine. There is almost no room for advancement. Unless someone higher quits or essentially dies, and even then they'll more than likely bring someone from outside of your site before promoting within. The job/workplace culture is mostly sad in nature. Most employees don't - más...
Pros
Relatable Supervisors, Coworkers who make the workplace more fun, Good schedule/hours
Contras
Poor Management, Less than desirable pay (site specific), Sometimes hard to enjoy a day off when you're paranoid about a phone call
Cultura laboral
They only care about the bottom line. Little to no advancement. When they do promote someone its usually not base on experience or knowledge of the job. The local office doesnt care about you.
Benefits, morale advancement
Cultura laboral
Never could advance cause of management, management picks friends for upcoming jobs and placement. So knowledge and training account for nothing. Even if it goes to district management. Still don’t help if that person came from the same office and put the management in charge before they left.
Pros
Big corporation, many choices
Favoritisms
Cultura laboral
The Management is horrible. Its a private company but is run like a bad functioning government agency. They will throw you under the bus with one mistake. Many people that carried guns were wannabe police officers but shouldn't have been given weapons. Here in Houston the receptionists don't even bother picking up the phone. The onetime she did she didn't realize that she had me on the line and I could hear her fighting with her boyfriend on the other line. It was hilarious.
Too many
Cultura laboral
The work was easy and not much to it. You'd think stress wouldn't be a factor. The co workers and supervisors are disrespectful to each other. They live to see someone else fail. They are backstabbing and will tell you they will watch post while you go on break and then leave the post uncovered and blame you for it. Ive never worked with a more unprofessional group of people. However, this was at the post in Talladega, Al I don't think it represents the entire company.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Contras
The people you have to work with
Cultura laboral
Company doesn’t care about security officers, and will pay lower than offered amount. The company has people that steal money from within as well!!!!!
Cultura laboral
My experience with G4S has been positive. I guess it depends on what site you are assigned to, but my team and Management is outstanding! Most of the team are retired law enforcement and things run smoothly. Management is always asking if I'm looking for advancement so they believe in promoting from within. anything, you get out what you out in.
Pros
Teamwork, flexibility, good working environment
Contras
Pay increases though I know it depends on what site.
Cultura laboral
This was easily the worst employer I could have had. It's 100% a "good ol boys club". If you're not tight with higher, or do anything to praise the ground the walk on, you will go absolutely nowhere with the company. There is little to zero understanding or respect for work life balance and they don't care for the individuals they place at their sites. To them it's a numbers game. The pay is God awful, especially considering they boast about being the global leaders in security. Additionally, if you are lucky to receive a bonus, or a raise expect pay discrepancies for several months before it's handled. Overall terrible experience and I wouldn't wish this employer as a prison sentence.
Cultura laboral
I enjoyed working for G4S , I work for 9 year but I move to Tenn but was unable to get a job I want to come back I have a app on file now and would love to return back to work for the company.
Pros
You get to travel slot
Contras
You have to work holidays
  1. Custom Protection Officer