G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 792 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team
Pros
Decent Pay Rate
Healthcare, dental care
Cultura laboral
I am a former CPO with G4S. I worked in two states with G4S and have learned so much from my coworkers. The first year I had to work on sites that were not the best, my shifts were days nights evenings. After a year I was promoted and worked the day shift only and my assignments were great. I would highly recommend G4S to my friends.
Pros
Overtime and professionalism.
Contras
Longer hours that were not planned at times.
Cultura laboral
If you are offered a job with G4S at the Phillip Morris MC, you can come in either as a CPO ($15/hr) or a TSO (I think they get $13). CPOs are required to have prior military, law enforcement, or corrections experience. Frankly the prior military and LEO's tend to be the most reliable folks on the team. While the work is not very challenging, not all posts have an equal workload. (If you like to stay busy, volunteer for interior patrol or F Gate). After a couple of years on site I can say that management does try to be fair to all officers, but often falls short in that area. Better positions are offered to certain officers without being openly posted. Others call out from work on a regular basis, putting their fellow officers and supervisors in a bind but not being held accountable. Dissent and honest grievances are rewarded with a transfer off the account. The upside is that you can usually get overtime, especially if you are willing to come in at short notice for double shifts or on your days off.
Pros
Good pay for the area. Overtime usually available.
Contras
Some posts do a lot more work for the same money.
Cultura laboral
I dont want to give to much information out on a personal level but there is information that i think people should know before applying. Everyones situation or work experiences will be different. Should it be different? No. Based on the positions? Yes. I was hired in as 1 thing, but then after a couple years i was called in to the office and my title changed to another thing. Why? Because although my backround was verifiable, i needed a certificate to support that information. The managers base decisions off emotion, not reason or logic. This can be good and bad. They only appear to act professional when it comes down to telling you what to do. The benefits are expensive and are not that great. There is no 401k nor do they match. The opportunity for growth isnt worth the chase because there are no decent benefits to sustain that chase. This job is a stepping stone to a better career or perhaps a better career with a different security company. This job isnt meant for longevity and those that are on the job for many years are nearing retirement or are retired from a different job. The pay is decent depending on your backround but if your prior military you have a better opportunity elsewhere. The highest rank in G4S as a gaurd is a CPO...any qualifications and titles that are needed to become that is better utilized elsewhere. Meaning if your a prior police officer, find a different security company that will pay you more...military i would say the same. They accept correctional officers as well and i believe that is more in line with the duties of working for G4S. Everyone - más...
Pros
Okay pay
Indecisive clients.
Cultura laboral
The training at G4S. The professional uniforms. Company handgun and web gear. Opportunities with advanced training Which includes transferring to other units or special operation departments Advance financial opportunities from the daily pay.
Pros
G4S always pays on time and give you the right compensation with your experience
None So far
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
The job assignment was great However, the lack of employees following policy was the worst and lack of disciplinary actions by management. It was disappointing to see the double standard for a international company.
Pros
nice uniform
Contras
Does not abide by their company policies
Cultura laboral
A security job asking for a heavy background to get in, prior police, military or a 4 year degree, just to get mediocre pay at best, some posts have you work non stop for hours, and others are just a constant presence of security, aka standing around. Definitely nothing long term to get here.
Pros
Some clients are nice
Contras
Terrible benefits, no sick days, bad management
Cultura laboral
G4S is a wonderful company to work security with. They are one of the largest security providers in the world and because of this there are endless opportunities.
Cultura laboral
cliche managers plays favorites story. No respect for employees. You are just a body to them and nothing more. You are not regarded as human. Co workers are petty and hateful.
Contras
Unable to have a normal life as you are expected to work at any time anywhere, laughable wages, disrespectful supervisors
Cultura laboral
This is ok job. But not life long. This is job that makes you want to further your education and actually have a real career. .............................
Cultura laboral
G4S is like every other big security company out there, they don't care about you and you are just a number to them. Typically with these big security companies your experience comes down to what contract you're on and your management. I was on a decent paying contract, but had horrible management and the clients management was even worse. Prepare to be micromanaged. If you don't mind walking aimlessly in circles and scanning tags every 10 feet or standing in one place for many hours, this is the job for you! I have never heard a company use the word or phrase "fire" or "you will get fired if____" so many times in my life. They will threaten termination for just about any little action as a scare tactic from the very first day of orientation.
Pros
Pay depending on contract
Contras
Horrible benefits, You are just a number to them
Cultura laboral
If you want to get after it and put in hours, come in with the right attitude, on time and with the correct uniform and you’ll be treated like a professional. Pay is better than other companies I’ve seen and you’ll work with higher quality teammates in your guard force.
Pros
Great locations
Contras
Standing post, but that’s the job right?
Cultura laboral
As a CPO I enjoy being a part of a growing and respectful and respected company you get out what you put in I have been with the company for 3 years and I have not experience the "BIG I" and the " Little U" mentality coming from those in a supervisor position you are a team member and Is treated as such
Pros
Depending on where you are assigned
Contras
Depending on your position classification
Cultura laboral
Work-life balanceThey don’t give you a raise at all.Pay & benefitsThe pay sucks and the benefits tooOverallNo pay raise and it’s sad. The insurance sucks. Cant get over time or anything. Than get a week of pto once a year, which is crazy. Currently looking for sum else
Cultura laboral
Not organized, Management sucks do not communicate with the work sites or employees which makes it a confusing company to work, supervisor are the worst criminals and the Company protects them.
Cultura laboral
No job security, they can not sustain their accounts, poor management, no advancement, the pay is ridiculous, one minute you making $19 the next minute you're making $12. Very high turnover rate. There's somethings you can like about G4s but it doesn't like you back. If you really need a job go ahead and work but be looking for something else.
Pros
It's something better than nothing
Everything else
Cultura laboral
I enjoy working for G4S. They are very supportive and will help you advance as long as you're pro-active. I see a lot of people complaining on here but I think its because they expect something for nothing. You have to speak up if you want something.
Pros
flexible work schedule.
Cultura laboral
Little to no hope for advancement in the company paired with terrible pay and a terrible attitude from the corporate offices ("G4S doesn't pay you, the client does.") make G4S a terrible employer. Stay far, far away.
Too many to list
Cultura laboral
Worked as a flex officer. Schedule was pretty crazy, but I was able to work as much as I wanted. It's security work. Not hard. Most the people I worked with were pretty decent.
Pros
Easy
Boring
Cultura laboral
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at G4S is All work and maybe your vacation dates will be respected no matter how long ago the request.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at G4S does not match the level of work done by guards.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at G4S, I think thats a pigment of ones imagination.ManagementIn general, managers at G4S lose contracts themselves with clients due to simple lack of communication.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at G4S is nonexistent.OverallMy experience working at G4S was a nightmare no man, woman or animal should subject themselves too.
Cultura laboral
There are no opportunities for advancement. And a lot will depend on your post. I worked the Publix post and here are the pros: -Plenty of overtime available. -Bike/Outdoors uniform is pretty cool and comfortable. -You get to meet and socialize with plenty of people.Cons-No advancement opportunities. You can’t make a career out of this. -Standard regular uniform and cowboy hat are goofy and silly- looking. -Standard company- issued firearm is .38 Revolver, which is very outdated. -No brainwork involved. A lot of 'doing- nothing'. I felt like a loser. -No authority to do anything. I felt very useless. -You get in trouble easily for simply doing things out of good faith. -Management shows no appreciation. -Management always sides with client even when client is wrong.
  1. Custom Protection Officer