logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 798 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team

Pros

Decent Pay Rate

Healthcare, dental care
Cultura laboral

Exciting, because watching people interact on a daily basis was something else to see.

My typical day at G4S was somewhat quiet. Other times It was hard. The workplace was kinda hard, you have to put your life on the line, you have to make decisions you thought was for the good of the company.

Pros

Good work environment

Contras

Being able to laugh and talk to other employees, working together

Horrible Benefits

Horrible benefits and low pay. Your just a body for them. High turnover rate. Management doesn't care if you work there or not. Chain of command is a mess.

Security

I observe who goes in and out of the residence Working for more than a year you have the opportunity to teach new colleagues. Sometimes, if you work there long enough there's a certain type of communication that colleagues and even the people who live where I work. Tough part is you have to be always vigilant because a minor mistake and the people who live there will make a hassle that it could be a risk of getting fired even if it isn't a big deal

Pros

eat lunch while work, holiday tips, really relaxing

different shift, overtime

Low stress job

G4S was a low-stress job that placed more importance on the job than it had to be. We did not get any support from our office when it came to days off or leave. The position should have required the officers to be armed, but due to unknown reasons, we were not. The good news is we were left alone and were not micromanaged at all.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

I was a dependable employee.

I was good at my job. I was proud to bevapart of the team. I worked when needed. I paid attention to detail. I was attending school to learn more and move up in the company. Things change when I told to work at the gun warehouse. If I could I would work gorvthe company again.

Good Experience

Corporate office was located far away but fortunately my assigned post was close to home. Management was very pleasant and extremely helpful in accomplishing goals.
Cultura laboral

Always looking for new security guards.

Always looking for new security guards. The turnover rate was very high. The work was not particularly challenging. Worked various sites around the Austin area.

G4/s paid on time!

My overall experience was good. No growth opportunities. 1 pay increase in 10years. Initially G4/S was great about Background checks, most of my Colleagues were prior military So They were discipline and Understood procedure.especially Those who had more time under there Belt. My 10 years paid the bills.
Cultura laboral

Friendly working environment and an excellent place to work

It is very productive working environment and an excellent place to work. People are very Friendly. Open Communication is one of keys sucess to effective team and excellent leadership in the corporate insttitution.

Horrible Management and Work Environment

Working a Law Enforcement Support Account, I expected there to be a great deal of professionalism and a higher caliber type of employee/manager pool. After almost a year here, I have never worked for a company that has absolutely zero morals, zero integrity and zero accountability. We have had employees steal equipment, lie, steal time, forge paperwork, submit false documents and reports and flat out refuse to work and be openly insubordinate to not only G4S management, but the client management as well. Absolutely NOTHING has happened to any of those people. Managements response? "They're a nice guy, I like them". I will never recommend G4S for a service provider or as a place to work. They are just as crooked and corrupt as every other Security Company out there and will hang their employees out to dry in a heartbeat and replace you with someone who can't even speak English, let alone read it or write it. The screening process is a joke and so is the Branch Management. I came into this company and job with a very high expectation and have been nothing but let down and disheartened since day 1. They don't even follow their own policies and procedures, but harp on it and intimidate all employees into getting what they want. Training? Complete joke and waste of time. Supervision? There is none. Accountability? None of that either. The most dishonest and dishonorable companies I have ever worked for. Would not recommend to anyone looking for a career. As a pit stop along the way, sure, it'll do. Benefits? Yea, if that's what you want to call them. SUPER -

Pros

Decent Pay

Management, Hostile Work Environment, No Accountability

Custom Protection phone

Really depends on what branch you are working out of but all sites will work you to the bone. Lots of OT available. If you don't have a social life or don't want one this is the job for you.

Productive place to work

Depending on the location you work at will depend on the level of skills and attentiveness you will have to apply to the job. Since you are contracted out and depends on what the client wants
Cultura laboral

Not one of the better choices.

Company requirements at last minute take priority (in their eyes) so you threatened with your job if your flexibility isn't what they expect. Compensation for required experience and skills as an Armed Officer is way below fair when you consider that they NEED your experience and skills. Training program didn't teach me anything that I didn't already know from previous experience and job skills. Area management had no clue how Security really works and it was apparent that they had never been on a post or in uniform before. Contract/site leads/supervisors look out for themselves first when scheduling or assigning additional responsibilities to officers on site. Only positive side was the relationships that could be developed with some of the clients that were far better than with own employer.
Cultura laboral

Wouldn't be my first choice...

Management had me driving over an hour away, and refused to change my site for over a year. If you let them, they will have you working insane hours at faraway sites with no compensation for gas or food. Even as a custom Protection Officer, I still only ever earned minimum wage.
Cultura laboral

Lower level management stretched too thin by middle level management

Honestly this was the best job I've had until they decided to gut the lower- and middle-level management staff. Once they did that, everything fell apart. Be prepared to completely rearrange your life around fluctuating shifts and be prepared for a lot of phone calls from the scheduling office (which is in another state) telling you that the shift you're working just got extended by 8 hours.

Good place

Needs better commiuications handed Down to employee adding weekly schedules in advance would be great also knowing where u r working would be nice if u r doing a floater job with mileage given

A Nightmare I will never forget

I have never worked in such a dysfunctional company in my entire life. Between the work ethic, the poor benefits, and the constant stress of being forced to work 12-hour shifts on any given day; It is truly a nightmare to work here. The work ethic of Officers and management is appalling. Sometimes there are full-on fistfights and no one is reprimanded. There are call-outs daily and there are employees who simply have no care for anyone but themselves. Sometimes, assistant supervisors will use their position to intimidate you. We've had officers fall asleep during a break, for an assistant supervisor to walk in and reprimand them. Only to find the same assistant supervisor sleeping in their no more than 10 minutes later. Officers at the Corporate center have no body armor protection what so ever. You would think to work at one of the topmost likely places for a terrorist attack that they would give you some form of body armor protection. But no, they fight with the bank as to who has to pay for it and no one gets it in the end. The trigger on the Glocks are manipulated to make it harder to fire the weapon accurately in case of a life or death situation. Makes sense right? If you're reading this please go somewhere else.

Good job

G4S is a good company to work for but the only thing is you can’t get overtime. I started working for the company in April and I haven’t had a bad experience yet. The officers are nice and Site Manager are willing to listen to any problems or concerns you have.

Pros

Great company very professional

Contras

No overtime, because I love overtime. The scheduling could be better.

Career advancement

I really do like my position and supervisors. The only problem I have is not being able to advance. I’m 73 yoa with a boat load of experience. Over 20 years experience in security as a supervisor, and former business owner. Vietnam Veteran and retired law enforcement with a 26 year career.

Low wage, no progress

I'm currently employed, there is no job security. They are losing contracts. I'm a CPO (custom Protection Officer) and certified armed guard. I have military and previous LEO experience and even previous armed guard experience but they stick me in low wage multi site positions. I have one site that pays 9, another 10. So I average 9.50 an hour. I could be making more at Walmart. And I'm armed security for this company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general