logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 798 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.389 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team

Pros

Decent Pay Rate

Healthcare, dental care

Unacceptable management

I agreed to stay on this job for approximately one year and that should have told me then that I was going to have issues, which I did. I already had extensive experience in security and a BA degree in Criminology. They paid me 11.00 an hour and said that I would get 12.00 an hour when I certify for a weapon, but they never gave me the opportunity to certify even though I asked many times. They incorrectly had me listed for benefits and when they finally notified me, they would not allow me to correct it properly even though it was their error. I honored my 1 year commitment and then I got out of there.
Cultura laboral

All depends on where you work

Been with 2 other security companies prior to here. This one is the best by a mile. The pay is significantly above average for the security industry, especially if you are an Upscale or Custom officer. The benefits are pretty sad, so I didn't waste my money signing up for any. I don't plan to make it a career, but it pays the bills for now. My job is very easy and I'm taking home $1800-2000 a month.

Decent company

The company is based on great principles and offers a lot of training opportunities. The district manager is very respectful and responsive to concerns.

Pros

Variety of work assignment and shifts

Contras

Can be replaced or reassigned without notice
Cultura laboral

Traitorous Backstabbing work culture, promotes stepping on others to get ahead.

I got fired for being transsexual and a disabled veteran. I worked a year and a half with no possible pay-raise increase and missed maybe 1 day. Had 3 rough months....out.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Na

Stay away, waist of time, poor pay, terrible company. If you don’t want to be treated terribly also being insulted in a daily basis I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Not worth working for

G4S has been a nightmare to work with. They never treat their employees with the respect and gratitude they are deserved. It is always cut throat employment

Horrible leadership

The health first contract was a joke. Ran by people who shouldn’t be in control. Didn’t work with you on time off or problems regarding shifts. You are expected to be where the schedule puts you even if you question or say you can’t work that day. If you aren’t you are fired. Save yourself the headache.

No Advancement

If you are happy with just showing up and going home this is the place for you. But if you want to advance and you're a go-getter this ain't it. No advancement opportunities regardless of how hard you work. It doesn't matter if you outwork everyone else they will promote tenure over competency every time.

Very responsible work

Duties – internal and external patrolling, access and egress control, dealing with various emergency situations, including report writing and communicating with emergency services, key control, demonstrate an understanding of excellent customer care, efficient reporting of loss, stolen and/or vandalised equipment and/or property. Respond for emergency fire alarm checks, impairment zones from fire system for maitenance, check fire equipment, and issue Hot Work Permits in factory. Search customers employee bags and ID, control vehicles in and out Vehicles checks, Perimeter fence patrols Help Occupational Health team with emerg respond
Cultura laboral

A good company for veterans

I do enjoy working for this company for the most part. Some managers can be a pain and act like they don't care at all, while others do try to help you advance forward. You get out what you put into the job mostly.

Management not organized

Was told I'll be working full time in a certain area. When it was time to work, my hours fluctuated from 16-28 hours a week. My schedule was not consistent. One day it's the morning, the next it's evening. Never know when i will work so I'm guessing on how to schedule appointments. Manager scheduled training twice early morning and cancelled both times. Not organized.

Not worth the effort.

Well known company but, not woth the headache you will endure while working for this company. Was hired for one position however was placed in a different position and at a different location. On top of nobody knew i was even supposed to be there
Cultura laboral

It had been many years since I worked for them, and have nothing to say about them.

I spent several years working for G4S, honestly; they could have treated employees with more respect and show them more appreciation for putting their lives on the line for the company
Cultura laboral

I enjoy my job because I love customer service.

Customer service is the primary element of security work. I enjoy representing my company in the best way possible, while making sure everyone's concerns are addressed professionally. I enjoy meeting new people and making sure everyone feels safe at work.
Cultura laboral

They are very goal oriented and push you to want to do more

G4S is a great company to work for they pride their selves on training their officers to be very observant and to meet the customers need with smile on their face.

They're ok

Over worked and under paid. I enjoyed the work but there was too much politics involved with the management. Not much room for growth, even if you decide to take a salary position, you'll be working 60+hr work weeks but not be getting overtime.

Custom Protection Officer

This was an armed security position and was a flex position which allowed me to see a variety of different locations. As contract security, you do have a sense of belonging at the location you are at because you are not an employee. There is also a great disparity in the conditions in which you may be working in due to the contract and expectations of the client.
Cultura laboral

Unfriendly! Favoritisms! Who you are!

Work assignment based on who you are and whom you know. Previous experience not taken in to account for assignment or promotion. Consequently, I was passed over on two occasions when I was next in line for appointment to fill open vacancy.

Pros

Temporary position until a quality assignment occurs.

Contras

Favoritisms and nationality is widespread.

Okay

Can’t keep employees, always hiring employees who shouldn’t not be trusted with security. They don’t stand up for their employees and if you are a women they will look down to you.
Cultura laboral

The truth is this is a good place to work at but they need to pay more to those of us that care about the job

This company would be able to keep people more and the revolving door wouldn’t be spinning as fast as it does if they would pay more it’s a simple as that.In all actuality it’s actually a really nice place to work at
  • Empresas