logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de CPO en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 89 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Depends who you get good with

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Get in good with the managers you will definitely be okay try to stay cool with just your co workers you’ll hear complaining all day like your in high school

security officer

this was an amazing place to start a career as a security officer lots of advancement opportunities and the staff is very helpful in attending to your needs

Pros

flexible positions, and help you with any problem you may run into

you have to commit to a position for at least 3 months before you can change it

Fun Group of Staff

I enjoyed working with the company. The Supervsior I worked with took care of her people. I am thinking about going back to the company Part-time. Advancment was difficult because you had to know someone to get promoted

Pros

Good Group of Co-Workers

Contras

No chance for advancement unless you knew someone.
Cultura laboral

great jog love every minute of it

Love work for G4S, learn a lot of job skill and be your best. Help people is the best thing in life. Dress good look your best and smell good be a role model.

Pros

good people working here

The pay was decent

Crazy hours but decent pay. Don't expect to have a life working there. Not stressful and slow moving days. They act too much like the military but all in all, it was ok
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Great name in the security industry... however didn't convinced me.

Management (although not all) is unprofessional, lack of communication creates problems with scheduling too often and most seem to enjoy to issue threats on termination. There is no advancement within the company and noticed that promotions are hand picked. Pay depends on the site even if hired as a CPO... a joke. People with social issues are often named site leaders, and If a part time officer, most say you will be used extensively at first then left with meager hours later. My biggest mistake to consider for a job so far.... one advice, look into other companies first. If you are onboard already, well...Good luck.

Pros

Is somewhat a job, simply changing time for some money

Contras

Job security, pay is a joke, schedule issues, people in charge with personality issues
Cultura laboral

It's a fair company but needs to take care of its employees better

They are not completely accurate when they speak about employee benefits. They also need some work on s=communications.

Opportunists

G4S claims to hire only prior Law Enforcement and/ or Military as "CPO's" Custom Protection Officers, yet they hire and promote young, inexpensived and unqualified individuals to carry weapons, handcuffs and ranks of Sergeants to Majors to supervise their subordinates with egos and disrespectfulness. They are not all unprofessional but the few that are will lie to Management to save face and are quick to put "write ups" in others files as scare tactics. When higher paying, overtime positions become available, those above said mentioned individuals are the first ones to sign up rather then to pass the emails forward to all employees who make lower wages. Management will return phone call messages unless it is to their advantage.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

"SOME" Unprofessional, Inexperienced Individuals in Supervisory Positions with huge Egos
Cultura laboral

Good company if you can find the right job

I have noticed that certain jobs aren't mentioned to all the workers just a select few that are close to your supervisors. You can get into this job and just fall victim of not moving up the chain for a better position and more money. You need to research all the opportunities that this company has to offer, its global.

Pros

Nothing that i can think of

Healthcare, and breaks

Great Starter Experience job

Management has increased a tremendous amount, great people to work around and with. Make sure you have a very reliable vehicle for travel. Great place to gain experience.
Cultura laboral

Its a great company that care about its employees .

great company that really cares about its employees and provides them with all the required tools and equipment to get the job done . great supervisors .

this is about G4s

i think G4S is a great company they just have bad management, i am a floater and you have no life outside of the company they do not give you money for the gas or the tolls that you use. they don't pay you enough to keep up with car issues and they do not give you room for improvement.

Pros

Great job security, the company will bend over backwards to back you up

Contras

no life, no room for improvement.
Cultura laboral

Productive workplace, steady to high paced days

-logged activity, maintained accessibility to jobsite, patrolled jobsite, maintained a knowledge of safety and activity objectives daily, provided a friendly service with the ability to stay alert and fulfill job duties in an appropriate manner. -I learned how to follow operational procedures and still maintain a safe workplace. I also learned how to handle situations in an appropriate manner. I was able to be precise and decisive with the encouragement to contact my supervisor when necessary. - The hardest aspect of the job was to be able to communicate properly with people and still be stern with guidelines set by the company. In some instances, it was difficult not to panic and act within guidelines and handle potential accidents or hazardous situations with a clear thought and action process. -The most enjoyable aspect of the job was experiencing and handling people on a daily basis while still managing job duties.

Dont work here

PAY is bad. ADMIN is terrible. No sick days. You get vacation on anniversary day only so if you dont work NO PAY. Waste of time.

Cultura laboral

Poor leadership and very poor management.

The "company" keeps you on the hook and does not keep you updated on anything. I visited the HQ several times with poor information. After being hired, 5 weeks and still no contact, guard card or any work. The business is in over their head with no ability to adapt and run a "global" business. Not professional at all!

Contras

Lazy, hire anyone with a pulse, not professional at all.

Stable job

I enjoy working security for my current company. It is stable and my supervisor is always willing to help.

Pros

Benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a job

Bad pay, horrible uniforms... coworkers that have been with the company for 5+ years have not seen any pay increase. I can't understand how some people actually live and have this as they're only job. This is not a career, let me say that again this is not a career! this is a job if you cannot find any other job. Some posts are extremely boring. Hours are long. Home life is sleeping until your next shift. if you see an ad and they say they pay $12 an hour they don't pay $12 an hour not even armed so be careful

Pros

It's a job, it pays some of the bills

Contras

no raises, no chance for advancement, long hours, substandard pay, no home life, basically work and sleep.
Cultura laboral

enjoy working security at umb bank

stand and greet customers coming into the bank, walk around and let myself be seen to customers and bank employees.
Cultura laboral

The G4S Branch Located in Fort Lauderdale on Powerline Rd.

I didn't have a permanent post; so it’s hard to describe what a typical day working for G4S would be like. I was moved around A LOT. I worked at the courthouses, hospitals, AT&T, and a few other places contracted out to G4S. I miss the other officers I worked with while at G4S – that is, there were people from all different walks of life working there. There were retired corrections officers, police officers, and military personnel working alongside with you. There were also students, and parents working for the company – many of them decent. Many of the CPOs working there, myself including know that the job market is hard, therefore we have no choice but to work for a lousy security company like G4S/Wackenhut. Some of us just took the job just to get by. That was the common theme when you spoke to some G4S employees – it’s just a job, not a career. There is nothing good about this company with the exception of the people you work with. My major/supervisor had me drive miles away to cover a post for four hours! In addition to being given lousy hours and pay, I showed up to a couple of post, and was told to go home. Management incorrectly assigned me a post that was already covered by another security guard/CPO, so therefore I wasn’t needed. I remember getting a call from my major/supervisor. He wanted to know if I received a letter in the mail explaining that my G4S security instructor was being investigated for fraud. I told him no. And he quickly got off the phone with me. The administration at G4S is also a joke. The HR rep at G4S messed up my direct deposit slip, -

Pros

You were paid a wage although you didn't get your full 40 hours.

Contras

Constantly having to call your Major/Supervisor to get hours.
Cultura laboral

Bank of america with g4s was a great place to work.

My review about g4s at the bank of america is a good one. My co-workers and supervisor were all hard working people. A typical at the bank wasn't stressful, easy going and hard to maintain.The hardest part of my job was just getting there,and that wasn't hard at all.

Pros

The pros was that it was a great health inviroment.

None that I could list.

Stay away !!

This company is sucks . I never got what I was promised 40 hours per week ,and an steady post near the area where I reside. My major had me floating every day and the commute was extremely away from my zone .I had a disagreement with my supervisor couples of weeks ago about my schedule and he cut my hours now I'm working one day a week unbelievable !! Who the h... can survive with 8 hours a week.

Pros

you won't get 40 hrs

Contras

advancement only if you get along with captains and majors
  • Empresas