logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de CPO en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 89 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Depends who you get good with

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Get in good with the managers you will definitely be okay try to stay cool with just your co workers you’ll hear complaining all day like your in high school

High turnover rate

You are not paid your worth as a security officer with this company. If you are not part of the "good 'ol boy" club, expect to get treated poorly. I have seen too many good officers leave the company because of poor treatment. They don't listen to their employees, or their clients. They promote inexperienced cpo's to captains first few weeks of hire. If you develop a good repertoire with the client, as per post duties, you are accused of becoming too close to the client. If you are on the no overtime list, they still call you. Also, I found out the hard way that G4S does not offer sick time or sick leave. So if you get sick, expect to lose a day/s worth of pay. Office managers often have no clue what they are doing. Vacation is an anniversary buy out, another words, you get your vacation pay the day of your hire anniversary. So, unless you take vacation the week/s of your hire anniversary, don't expect to take vacations. Some posts you get holidays off, most posts you don't (with the exception of Christmas). You don't get holiday pay and or overtime for working a holiday. Any time you report to the office for training or requalification you don't get paid for it. This is just a small sample of how horrible this company is. If you are retired and have other means of income, this job may be perfect for you. If this would be a full time income dependent job, don't waste your time.

Everything listed above plus

Good Entry Level Job.

My position with G4S is very laid back and not stressful. Perfect for people who have other sources of income outside of G4S. My typical day involves monitoring cameras, greeting employees as they enter for the day, and issuing security visitor passes and employee temporary badges.
Cultura laboral

Good and fair management.

It’s a good place to work.The leaders are very helpful in training you in the post your assigned. As a employee if you take their courses you can move up in this company.

Pros

Good place to work, employees are very helpful.

Contras

Pay could a little higher.

Great Working Enviornment

Management was very easy to work with. Always more then happy to help out. anything needed to advance or move locations they gave you all information up front. All peers and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Horrible company

Leadership is a joke, favoritism we wont even go there they got police on board that think they can throw people around and and then they push it under the rug but the USOs are fired for wearing wrong socks pay ain't nothing they about to lose huge contract and they give u 40 hrs one week then 16 hrs the next. STAY AWAY FROM COMPANY

Last option

This company rewards lazy bosses and punishes those who are comfortable in their position by allowing said managers to threaten employees with taking away schedules and hours. One even going as far to say that nothing was guaranteed even though he was grossly misinformed being that if you are hired under a contract that states full time that requires by state law 30 hours a week... ya this is why I left. They just decided to throw me down to 8 hours a week (at a max). Also vacation was a joke. One week off had to be taken all at one time and you didn’t even get that until the completion of your first year and only if you were a full time employee. Zero paid sick leave (which the new wa state law should change) and oh wait even when one wants to take that leave the management gives you the time off then denies your paid time off. They had to cash mine out after the fact which was a joke being I left right after my vacation. Moral of the story if you want to get sh** on as an employee never advance and fall asleep on the job then this is the place for you. (Richland wa area) this post is subjective as I worked in one area and not all over the global which this company operates.

Pros

Benefits weren’t terrible

Contras

Managers, lack of scheduling, poor supervision, threatens employees with hours
Cultura laboral

Jobs positions are as good as any other company.management is horrible

Well working for G4s it was ok in some aspects . Pay was not the best but my co-workers were great. Then came a change in my schedule where i went from day time regular hours to working all 3 shifts and every weekend. Employees in the winston salem NC area are suppose to have one weekend per month off, however this is not true for everyone. I regularly had schedule changes without notice of other then an email sent to my work email that could only be checked if i was at work. Those changes were often dailey. At times with a six hour turn around which is against policy btw. It was normal to work 3 or more weeks without a day off. Management does not communicate well and is very unorganized. It was common to have 10 or more schedule changes in one week for me and when i refused to work on a day i was scheduled to be off after working over a month straight, i was forced to resign. I can not stress enough how bad the work to home balance is with this company, in this area. If your left alone on a post its not so bad favoritism is the norm in the supervisor culture and advancement happens only from people getting burned out,resigning or being back stabbed until terminated. Work Morale is very poor.

Pros

Avrage low pay vs cost of living

Management, communication, work /home ballance

Low Pay Poor Management

There are two main reasons why the turnover at this location and company are so high, and they are the poor management and the poor pay. The managers and leads refuse to see their flaws or face self evaluation. Coming in to work in a bad mood is the norm, taking frustration out on customers because you can't understand simple things or refuse to work with them is also normal. Definitely some what of a toxic environment.

Pros

Always hours to work

Contras

Terrible management, lack of communication/cooperation, short breaks, boring.

Na

I had a very challenging experience working for this company and dealing with selfish co- workers and other thing of that nature but over all it is a great company just not enough for pay.

Bad Management

Be wary and going knowing that it's a bad place. People going behind your back and stabbing you is a common practice. Area Supervisors talk about the officers in the office. Management doesn't care about you, miss a few shifts and all of a sudden you're a horrible worker. No effort is put forth to see why you missed a shift or called off.

Pros

Theres always work

Horrible Management
Cultura laboral

Depending on the job site, this job can go from boring to fast paced in an instant.

G4S does not stand behind their employees. Post orders are changed at the request of the client and if the client's employees don't like the new orders, they will complain about the guards, resulting in the guard's termination. Also, pay is based on the client contract and there are NO pay raises. Site leads and supervisors make an average of .25-.50 more per hour than their staff. There is a lot of favoritism within this company. Best advise is to stay away.

Pros

Generally a set schedule

Contras

Overpriced insurance, no advancement. Stagnant pay, very poor management

it is a place to work

everyone is viewed as entry level employees no action plans no reliability wanting every warm body to fill slots training nonexistent management very arrogant

Horrible Company, Horrible Managment

I would not suggest working for this company, They will have you driving over and hour away to make 9.50 when you were hired to work four miles away from home. i have yet to go to the post I was hired for. Horrible management,just in my short time there I have been under three different Area Supervisors, two different Operations managers and a new general manager. This company is all about what they can save to put in thier pocket, You have to fight to get your pay, overall would not suggest this to anyone.

Pros

nothing

everything
Cultura laboral

Work is great but management is incompetent

I came up through the ranks and worked for Wackenhut many years ago until it turned into G4S. I moved to another area and My transfer was denied so I lost over 25+ years of seniority (Great for them as I was a beginning employee again so they could get My Veteran bonus for hiring Me again) I have found some management to be completely uncaring of its employees and incompetent in management of resources which I am sure the main office doesn't care about especially if it makes the "buck", Making themselves look good at the lower echelon of powers expense is "Goal one" Referring people to them that were hired got a $200 bonus which never gets to the employee with excuses which are only excuses, nothing more. Vacations were a joke and a hassle to get. Management does NOT like questions because they have better things to do than answer questions and are down right rude/disreputable to older officers which I have seen Myself. I have also personally witnessed an officer who had a heart attack 3 times made to go back to work over 75 hrs a week. Management also "Looses" vacation requests.

Pros

Great working conditions

Bad management
Cultura laboral

not somewhere I want to be

Not good communication. Inadequate training of armed officers. Unsafe firearms handling from armedofficers. Inadequate staffing which enables people who should have been fired to continue working for the company.

Pros

a paycheck

Contras

demoralizing culture of company.

Good Job

Easy job and great people to work with in this company. Easy work hours, a lot available overtime. Good communication with co-workers. Good leadership.
Cultura laboral

Great company to work for

I been employed with G4S off and on for 8 years. The company like all companies have their ups and downs. G4S has provided me with every thing I need to perform a job.

Pros

good health benefits, pays for uniform alterations

Contras

takes awhile for a supervisor return your phone calls sometimes

Good company

They have good contracts with good pay comparing the other companies I worked for before. Benefits are ok for Security work. Career can be if you want.Office people are nice and helpfull, very busy so sometimes you have to wait a little but they always come through

Pros

Pay is good.Good people

I wish they would give more than 2 weeks vacation a year
Cultura laboral

Good if seeking temporary employment.

Management and benefits of employment was poor. No job security or advancement abilities. Could not take personal days off. Constantly made to feel unimportant and not valuable to the company along with other employees.

Pros

Hours did work well for me while I was in school.

Contras

No time off allowed. Benefits not good.
Cultura laboral

very good place to start in the life of a security officer

My time working with this company was well spent as i learned many new ways to better do my job. The staff of managers there are great at doing their job and helping the workers with issues as well as giving tips. Coworkers that i had the pleasure of working with were all amazing people as well.

Pros

Help was always given when it was needed

• Empresas