logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Armed Security Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 271 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

En banco america no es bueno hay que trabajar afuera deverian de cambiar ese sistema afuera

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Deverian de cambiar el Arma de revolver a pistola en estos tiempos el trabajar con revolver es un riesgo doble y creo que le deverian de exijir a sus clientes que los seguridad son seres humanos que el trabajar afuera con agua ,frio , viento, calor exesivo ni los animales so tratados asi , los trabajadores de Seguridad son seres humanos tratenlo con dignidad y respecto

Decent

General manager and supervisor has favorites so beware of that for hours and overtime You make or break the jobTry to gain as much experience as loss from different sites so that you will be well trained and when they need someone you’ll be at the top
Cultura laboral

If you are retired this is a job for you.

When I initially applied I was told by HR and the site supervisor I would be working 40 hours or more a week. After training I was informed that the District Manager had returned from sick leave and hours got cut down to 32 hours so that officers didn’t overtime. I felt I was lied to. The people in the company are good people it’s the district manager and those who are “yes men” that make this job not worth having. You can’t provide for a family at those hours. If you are a retired this would be the job for you but not if you are a person providing for a family.

Pros

Decent pay medical is okay

Contras

Not enough hours and time off sucks

No movement

There is no room for advancement there were officers in same position for more than 5 years. The management doesn’t take anything into account. Just what’s in it for them.
Cultura laboral

Terrible place to work for they really don’t care about their employees you’re just a number A warm body they pay they were low percent wages on that contract work example they are paid $30 an hour they may give you $11 or $13

Pros

Minimum wage paid training if there’s a pros

Contras

Low pay, terrible work environment, No chance for advancement depending upon who you know, no loyalty
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

No pay increase in years!

I have worked for G4s for 3 years and have never received a raise. It has always been "in the works" for armed healthcare security, we are paid awful.

Pros

Good hours

Contras

No breaks, no pay increase, lousy vacation days

Armed security

Was sent to training. Told I was not supposed to be at training. A minor misdemeanor with a $50 fine apparently held against me. Sterling (background check company) could not figure out my past employers and did not communicate with me properly and advised me I needed to initiate my background check for employers they could not find and G4S never responded to any of my efforts to reach them after being made to drive home almost 3 hours from training I was told to go to. Still never have received any correspondence from them since nor telling me I was no longer offered the job. Absolutely no organization or communication. Never have I experienced this before ever. Just left a patrol job SLED certified but can’t get through with G4S or hear back from them. Ridiculous.

Bad place to work

Not a good place to work. Now Allied universal. Poor operational Manager. Poor supervisors. Over all had a horrible experience with this company. You are going to be a warm body for them to use.

To many

Never bored

There are always jobs that you are able to do on your time off (overtime). It is nice because it takes you out of your routine. You can also request to be moved to a are area and they will try to accommodate the move.

Fun

I just got hired on today so I can’t really give an accurate description or review. But from the interview process and how quick they offered me the job was really nice. This will be my first security job and they seemed pretty excited when they found out I was in the Army for five years. I really hope I like it cause this is my first step to getting some experience other than the military to become a police officer. The only bad thing is I live on the south side of Bloomington and I think they are gonna send me to Indy. I really hope they give me a company car or put me closer to home.
Cultura laboral

It's a steady paycheck i feel blessed to have the opportunity

We were deemed essential employees and got the opportunity to work through the pandemic a lot of people didn't get the same chance. very fortunate for that.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch. Lots of overtime available

Contras

Benefits not all that great. Management needs to do a better job with keeping employees informed

Bad management, inept leadership

I have worked for G4S on two separate occasions. 2007-2012 and recently. The G4S of old is no longer. What used to be a company that focused on providing outstanding security services to leading fortunate 500 companies has declined significantly. Human Resources at the local level was terrible this time around, schedule constantly changing, and management that are clueless or absentee all together. If you absolutely need a job that pays a little more than minimum wage, with terrible benefits and terrible inconsistency with your job and your hours worked each week then give it a try until you find something better.

Pros

Good co workers

Contras

Healthcare is terrible, toxic work environment, terrible management, blatant discrimination
Cultura laboral

Good site management, poor corporate experience

My bosses took care of me well since I worked my butt of and was always trying to improve. Bottom line is if you work hard you can have a decent job. Wish the pay was better though.
Cultura laboral

Great place to start , pay in some locations

I have found G4S to be a understanding and flexible employer . My hours are guaranteed and I’ve never had a problem with my pay , never had a problem with my supervisor . As long as you do your job , all is good . They could use more bodies in certain locations to provide emergency time off when needed. I have found my supervisor is very flexible with my schedule as long as I can arrange to have my time covered by another officer.

Pros

Pay, no micro management

Contras

Long hours at some locations

Nice company

Had fun with these guys. The opportunity to advance is there. Benefits are very reusable. Teams feel like teams depending on the members that make up the teams of course. Pay is good.

Pros

Benefits, pay, and opportunity to advance.

Individuals

Poor Management

Morale is low, Poor Management appointments. Little communication when changes are made to the schedule.. Schedule constantly changes. Turnover is high.

Worst Job Ever

This is from my experience at one job site. I took the job part-time while attending college full-time. I was supposed to do 4 hours a day, but that was rarely the case. They would ask me to do 3, 12 -hour shifts in a row, 12 hours on your feet is pretty painful. Then other weeks, they wouldn't call me in to work at all. Some managers I assume were good; the last manager I had was one of the worse people I have ever known. The company is not designed for someone to move up. Most people there had been working the same position for 15 years, making $16 an hour. If you touch the railing, are one minute late off your break, or anything else that is insignificant, you will be written up. They write people up so they can hold it against them. It's a gotcha job where the manager is only there to write you up, they don't care about you or anything about you. It's not a career, like me, it's a job you do while pursuing your actual career.

Contras

Short breaks, terrible managers, zero benefits, low-pay, long hours of doing nothing.
Cultura laboral

Bad

Worst job ever. Poor management. Poor job lie paying job sites. No respect for families. Would not recommend this company to anyone. I have a master's degree and they would not pay me more than $11 . Horrible

Pros

Free uniforms, training, gun

Contras

Low pay and poor management

Comfortable

A good place if you want to be comfortable. The pay isnt great but for someone with no degree it's a good starting point. The benefits were about the best thing about the company.

Stepping stone security job

Your typical security company and job, expect long and endless hours without any meaningful work to be done. They will pay for your training and armed guard cards which is helpful to open the door to other security companies who already require those certifications.

Leadership could be better

They rely a lot more on education than experience when promoting people, and this means dealing with college kids who have never held a gun before or had any other kind of training.

Pros

good benefits

Contras

a lot of click behavior due to the young kid demographic
  • Empresas