logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Armed Guard en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 104 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

I enjoyed working with wackenhut

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Made alot of lifetime friends and alot of connections and learned alot. We never had a break to get lunch didnt have a fridge and weren't allowed to use are phones to call lunch

Pros

you get alot of hands on experience

no break

Best...job...ever.

This was my all time favorite job that I had ever had. Not many people can say they were an armed guard. Loved the training!

Pros

Co-Workers, Pay

Contras

Testing required to keep your job every year.
Cultura laboral

one of my proudest accomplishments

I enjoyed working here. They had the best pay and benefits of any job I've ever had. Management and co workers genuinely cared about their jobs and me.
Cultura laboral

Stay away from the Tampa Division unless you are desperate.

In Florida (Tampa) they have the worse kind of favoritism and power plays I have even seen. They have secret agreements with clients to implant their people in administrative positions to control those who think they are supervisors for that post when they are puppets. I have seen so many people who wanted to work for them fall down and try to get back up only to get thrown under the bus by the very people who tell them they will help pick them up and get them back on their feet. Some posts people are working out of desperation for jobs and work in untrusting afraid to speak out positions. Maybe other parts of Florida they have a good job but Tampa is the very definition of who can out play who. And those who are pets to the managers get transferd but not fired if they screw up but those with integrity and pride ether get suspended or fired (Pet road captain gave a gun to a nurse and got transferred - another hard working none butt kissing guard challenged an incident about someone bringing a gun into a government building and got fired the list goes on). They just got the Amazon contract and already I see and hear favoritism issues and they are hiring people who are yes people and part of the circle. I assure you that you will get black balled or ignored if you are someone with independence and honor and ask questions. I am speaking from the heart as a former employee and advise to you to keep your options open because this company is not what it use to be. And honestly I think when it was Wackenhut though it had a few issues it was a better company to work for then.

Pros

Benefits at the time, before G4S good road captains, Solid contracts before G4S

Contras

Anyone can work for the CPO division, standards almost none exsistant, former county employees given favors

The WORST

I would give these guys a -5 star if I could. The hours worked and pay revived don't equal out, the office in Nashville does what ever it wants to with out care, and there is no team work. Too many of the employees try to make power moves and step on anyone they can. Over all you cant trust them, they are out for the bottom dollar and nothing else.

Pros

None!!!!!

Everything!!!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good work environment

A typical day at work was take over for my co-worker,verify the work environment areas before my co-worker leaves the area. Provide security to the staff same as customers.
Cultura laboral

Productive workplace with the ability for overtime

My typical day at work is working as the dock master, This position is generally second in command of the site manager. I provide access to contractors and vendors throughout the building. Checking id's, and providing card access to everyone who comes through the dock for delivers or to work on the buildings

Pros

overtime

Bad attitudes

Security Officer

Not much to say about Being a Security Officer. The company was great the jobs were abundant and the goals realistic
Cultura laboral

Great company with great benifits

Great leadership and advancement opportunities for those willing to learn. Very interesting job conducting vehicle / personnel searches of soldiers and civilians alike entering the Fort Bragg NC installation.

work place

A typical day here working for G4's was coming to the guard house talking for a couple of minutes to get the information on what happened before I would get on post and talking to my coworker who always provides me with advise and how to do things to make working at the gate much easier.

Pros

Supervisors and coworkers are very helpful and caring

Contras

eating in while at the guard house was hard was considered working still

Great company many opportunities

I enjoyed working for Wackenhut but I had to move on for a better salary

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement except for the salary

health benefits, salary

Ok

Working for this company was a thrill. I really enjoyed meeting new people every day and not knowing what I was going to encounter from day to day, but there was not any room to progress nor was there opportunity for a pay raise. We had wonderful, compentent guards but there wasnt a reward system.

Microwave, bottled water, shower

Pre ordering ice cream for next day delivery, loading truck for next day. Making all stops on your route. At end of day, counting inventory on truck, turn in money, and report all sales total. Love the management, very fair with employees. co-workers are great. Really laid back. Everybody helps out. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude store managers who has had a bad day and is taking it out on you. Meeting people and making new friends on the route.

Pros

Commission, free ice cream, bonuses

Long Hours

Good company

I have very much enjoyed my time at G4S Cash Solutions. I typically work 8-10 hours a day doing various jobs in the vault and on the road. I worked as a trainer to train new ewmployees and I find the job very fulfilling.

Nice work Atmosphere

Good company to work for. Professional employees and leadership. Highly encourage if interested in security contract work.

Pros

na

na

Unbelievably bad!!

This place was an absolute nightmare!! After taking FOREVER just to get started (6 weeks for my background check), you are handed a box of uniforms and sent to a site with minimal training or information. That is just the beginning!! Vacation time??? None for the first year. Raises?? Forget about it! The real problem though is the communication, bad phone numbers, disorganized/incompetent supervision. The last straw was a new member of supervision being put in charge of scheduling, e-mailing me a two-week schedule, then 11 days into the schedule telling me I did not show up somewhere I was supposed to be. When I showed him the schedule that HE had sent me he became extremely confrontational and told me "I don't have time to hold everyones hand no more e-mailed schedules"!!! haha and that is the very short version of the story!! Also no set schedules!! You start out in what is called "flex" where you are less than full-time, picking up the hours that no one wants (weekends, overnights), and work sites that are simply horrible. I was sent to a Motel 6 for two weeks where prostitution, and drug use were deemed commonplace. Lastly, (I could write 16 pages about how bad this place is) there is no communication between the supervisors themselves. Be prepared to have 5 different members of supervision calling you a day asking if you are off and if you want to work at a far -away site that you haven't been trained at all for!!! I would not wish this job on my worst enemy.

Pros

the gm albeit disconnected from what was going on, was friendly

too many to list
Cultura laboral

Great learning experience for who ever want a rewarding job

I find this job to give me all the experence in a exciting and well rewared experence

easy going job

a typically day at work would be 8hr shift or more. it pretty much a easy laid back job.

Pros

you can get over time

Contras

you can be out of work for long periods of time
Cultura laboral

the life and times of working at Wackenhut/WSI

A day of work consist on Getting our weapon, paperwork then proceeding to our schedule gates. Once we're on post, we rotate as a group resuming all post duty orders, which consist on checking for proper identificatiom to enter on the installation. If they are visitors without proper government ID, we perform a inspection on their vehicles to allow them acces on the installation. My managment are pretty good and can communicate with one another very well. A day at work can be awesome if you are working with great coworkers that are willing to get the job done such as myself.

Contras

no breaks, no overtime, no credentials

Not a bad place to work

It was a good place to work but too much other things going on other than working. Also didnt prepare everyone for the weather with materials

Pros

money and people

Contras

lack of breaks and no preparations

Its great

Great company. Great pay. Needs better job sites other then banks.
  • Empresas