logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 15.292 evaluaciones

Buena empresa

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Trabaje con G4S casi 5 años Un buen contrato, puntuales para el pago Buen ambiente laboral Cordinadores y supervisores respetuososLo único es que la mayoría de puestos son en el norte si vives en el sur se te dificulta para el transporte.

Pros

Seguro social al día

turnos

Tough job

Job is only made hard by the management that don't make the trip sheets achievable, 13h days ad said Monday to Friday but Saturdays are on a yearly rota and you have to work a Sunday every 6 wks and have to fight to get a day off for working it.Most trips start between 6am and 7am and your expected to do 12h plus, still being out on the road after 6pm whilst the management have long gone. Money use to be good but most jobs with half the risk have caught up as there hasn't been a pay rise in a while.

Pros

Customers are great and very understanding of our long stressed days

Contras

Management couldn't arrange the simplest of trips and dont care if your out long hours
Cultura laboral

Fun place to work, just no life outside of it.

I loved the pay and Benefits but I worked 6 am to 7 pm everyday and drove 45 minutes to get to and from work. With a newborn child it was not possible.

Pros

Pay and staff

Contras

Breaks are rare and same with lunches
Cultura laboral

Some confusion in certain management areas.

The company overall is a good company but like many large companies sometimes their is some confusion in monetary matters. Some of the supervisors are afraid to make decisions as far as discipline is concerned and as a result the same troublemakers continue to cause trouble for all.

Was okay

At times it was good and at times very disorganized. There were a lot of opportunity for overtime which can be good or bad. Transferring to a new site was a nightmare.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Can be an easy job, it's totally dependent on you

I worked as a USO for a year with them. The sites I was placed on were relatively laid back and the patrols weren't difficult. It's all about you and your willingness to do the tasks required. You get out of it what you put in. The management I had were incredible and were willing to work with me if I had any issues. I would recommend to anyone applying that you ask them about what each site has to offer, there isn't a set pay scale. It differs from site to site like most security company's.
Cultura laboral

Easy going, stress free job but with limited compensation

G4S was a great place to work and a good starting point for entry into the field. Team was supportive and flexible. The job and environment were low stress. Executive leadership was "my way or the highway."

Pros

Flexibility, opportunities for growth

Compensation, executive leadership

Stable

I enjoyed working for them. Payroll was correct. Vacation pay was good. The work was not stressful at all. The location I worked was safe. My coworkers were respectful.

Excellent Security Employer

G4s are one of the higher market level companies in the security industry, it is essential that you are well turned out in the uniform supplied and can communicate with the client in excellent English. I work in the DWP contract for G4s, excellent management support and any issues are dealt with promptly. I enjoy working for G4s and brought in my son from another security company, he too is very happy with his job. Good company, good team, and a job to be proud of.

Pros

Excellent management support

Occasional weekend working
Cultura laboral

No Career hard to Survive with this job cause poor management.

cause of bad management, people have no career no future cheating under hiring hard to survive with this job. Always irresponsible Management. No Knowledge

Zero communication or advancement

This company messed up my pay and took 2 weeks to fix. No communication between corporate and local office. No room for advancement unless you go out of your way to step on other people and sleep on the job. As long as your friends with management in the local office. No concern for my individual needs, and when asked to be relocated to new job site, nothing happened.
Cultura laboral

Management are terrible at everything

Worked for g4s just over a year and wouldn’t make my worst enemy take that job, management are horrible and useless then moan at you for not doing things correctly, seriously overworked for the money and time you have

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Contras

Spend your whole life in that place to only progress into the ground once you die
Cultura laboral

Tons of opportunity, if you're ambitious

In my time at G4S, I've been able to accomplish so much and go so many places. Worked at many different job sites in my state and have worked deployments around the nation.I've worked a fair share of overtime, sometimes at the fault of mismanagement. Being able to help out in situations of lack of manning gave me a sense of pride and accomplishment. I didn't always agree, but I bit my tongue and pressed on because of my sense of duty. Someone has to carry the weight at times.2 years since being hired, I've now seen a promotion and 3 raises. I work in a good, competitive environment doing a job that pays well and gives me fulfillment. You work long enough at this company, you will progress and things will get better. If they don't, request a transfer to a site that shows more progression. That's what I did and it has benefitted me in the long run.Management can very but I will say that I've rarely had a bad experience with a supervisor. They want to work with you. 90% of the time, you get from a supervisor what work you put in.

Pros

Job security, 8 hour shifts, 401K, paid time off. Overtime pay

Contras

Attendance point system. No paid time off for a year. Coming in on days off.

Poor management

Absolutely disorganised company being the largest security company in the UK. No work uniform provided on site and management is practically absent. I wouldn't recommend working for G4S at all.

Pros

Ok salary, easy to get through interview process

Contras

Absent management and poor treatment of workers

Excellent Organization

Having been a member of this team since the days of the Wackenhut Corporation, I can say that the organization always acts with integrity. Always treats everyone with dignity and respect. Always strives to improve and listens to ideas from every level. G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. is a well led team that delivers. Yes, long hours and this is a 24/7 service business, so things happen. But the culture makes it so much easier, as the whole team steps in overcomes barriers together.

Pros

Training and Culture

24/7 Service industry, leaders are are almost always on call
Cultura laboral

Terrible place to work for

This is the second-worst place I have ever worked in my life, Supervisors are horrible at their job, they treat staff disrespectfully, the pay is horrible, there is barely any communication between management and team including work hours, good luck getting paid for the hours you have worked for.

Pros

You might not get homless

Pay

Messy

The UPS SMART HUB was very messy in terms of gossip and for it to be so much gossip, communication is garbage. Also different areas got different pay so given the fact that I worked outside we made 12$ when they promised a 14$ pay after January and we never received it.
Cultura laboral

One of the worst companies to work for

The office management in Cranford, NJ which was relocated Newark, NJ would never ever answer their phones whether it was office or cells. Being at a site location where there was no official command structure of G4S (no supervisors, just simply a few guards) relying on communication with the office was crucial and yet 9/10 times you’d never be able to each someone. They constantly blame you for their OWN errors and lie to save their own reputations. Completely contradicting one another I.e. (Scheduling person tells you to go to one site and district manager tells you to go to a completely different site) There’s no organization or structure within the management. Claims amazing opportunity for advancement but none actually exists. You get told you can work overtime but what they don’t tell you is they have to approve the overtime (so say you’re working a night shift and there is no G4S supervisor but the client asks you to stay and work overtime, you won’t get paid for it seeing as there is no one in the office to actually call and verify if you can work it)If you’re a multiple site officer, or if the contract gets canceled at your current site, your shifts will get changed last second and you’ll get called in the middle of the night to be at a new site by 5/6am. The management structure completely lacks organization and professionalism. As someone who has obtained a BA & a MS with background in organizational management and leadership, unless major change is brought to how this office is run any employee will be driven to the ground.

Pros

Nothing about the company, however the clients you work for are great

Contras

Almost everything (Unprofessional, unorganized, cheap, lying, etc

No movement

There is no room for advancement there were officers in same position for more than 5 years. The management doesn’t take anything into account. Just what’s in it for them.

Decent job

Decent place to work if you like overtime and no life outside of work. Pay is ok for the duties. I left because I never got paid for last week of work. Management is poor for most part. They brain wash you into thinking they care about you but at the end of the day. ... They don't care and they will work you to the point your wore out, burn out, and crashing cars.

Pros

Decent pay, overtime, quick hire process.

Contras

No work/life balance, poor management

Life Experiances and allot Of Fun

While Working at G4S every shift there was something new happening you would never know what could happen but as long as your outgoing confident person you should have no problems with dealing with new situations, personally I enjoyed it and would love to go back in the future sadly I left due to University,

Pros

Pick your Shifts

Zero Hours